User Tag List

First 12

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    the whole idea of Ni is about trusting subjective perspective on intuition over the objective one. how can you trust objective over subjective while also trusting subjective over objective?
    What about being able to trust both your subjective and objective perspective on intuition, finding the best in both worlds? I don't see why this would be impossible.

The definition of using Ne might be using the objective over the subjective and vice versa, but that doesn't mean you can trust both.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    They are some interesting ideas, some that I've wondered about as well. It's just, well, maybe my Ne on overdrive but there seems to be so many possibilities, how can we filter through what is a good idea and what is bunk? When we remove the fundamentals of mbti we expand possibilites and so many people are not even in clear agreement on what each function, let alone what combined functions, clearly and indisputably manifest. How could any of this be quantified? How to find the truth?

Did Einstein have a verified IQ? I don't think he did.. so while someone can be brilliant in 1 field, they can be hopeless in others. I think I read that Einsteins brain was a bit different from the norm and I'm not sure this is something you'd find with other INTP's, even very bright ones. Marion Diamond from UC Berkley said the brain had significantly more glial cells in the area responsible for synthesizing information, and then there was the whole wrinkle thing. Einstein was brilliant, but he also couldn't pass his first college entry exam on language, history, geography. Some of the letters between himself and his first wife were down-right crude, indicating quite a lack of empathy. Perhaps his Ti-Ne converged to look like Ni at the level he was operating on. Or perhaps the standard mbti theory is bunk and he did access Ni.. but I don't think he was well balanced in the way your describing a superior type.. if he had perfect access to all his functions, where did he demonstrate Fe?

I dunno, random thoughts =P

Edit: just saw everyone elses posts about the Fe, lol.
    I don't think MBTI as it is now is truely quantifiable. But even from a philosophical point of view, it fascinates me. It is a platform that allows me to more clearly penetrate the mystery of the psyche. And hmm, maybe Einstein is not the best of examples as a truely 'superior' type. But more of a possible combination thereof, using the extra element described in my superior type as well as failing with his inferior in an unhealthy manner.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

the whole idea of Ni is about trusting subjective perspective on intuition over the objective one. how can you trust objective over subjective while also trusting subjective over objective?
    Ah, but trust implies a judgment. Ni is only perception. The highest judgment function of a Ni-dom/aux is Te, which values objectivity. Hence, objective judgment applied to often subjective perceptions (plus a bit of more objective Se perceptions for good measure).
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Perhaps his Ti-Ne converged to look like Ni at the level he was operating on. Or perhaps the standard mbti theory is bunk and he did access Ni.. but I don't think he was well balanced in the way your describing a superior type.. if he had perfect access to all his functions, where did he demonstrate Fe?
    Those are my thoughts exactly, that although MBTI is a very interesting theory, the idea that each type gets assigned a strict set of functions to follow without deviation could be a giant load of horse maneur.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Ah, but trust implies a judgment. Ni is only perception. The highest judgment function of a Ni-dom/aux is Te, which values objectivity. Hence, objective judgment applied to often subjective perceptions (plus a bit of more objective Se perceptions for good measure).
    trust can be also obtained by not having an unconscious disposition towards distrust. there is no need for T or F with that.

@Fluffywolf i started to write a reply, but it got so long and its getting late, so i gotta go to sleep, ill try to finish the reply tomorrow
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

trust can be also obtained by not having an unconscious disposition towards distrust. there is no need for T or F with that.
    We make unconscious judgments all the time, often F-based, probably sometimes T-based as well. It is better, of course, to learn to recognize when we are doing this so we can make a conscious judgment instead, based on the best information at hand.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...