• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

'question asking' types?

W

WALMART

Thinking back, I was usually the only regular person to ask questions in class.

Once my sister met a guy I shared an abnormal psyche class with. He told her I "got really into it" when I was in class.

What other personality types would be a "questioning" type?

This thread would have been a better, "how do you learn?" type thread. Feel free to talk about that if you'd like =D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Whatever type is most likely to be the class super-keener. So, ESFJ.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I ask questions, but I'm more likely to do it outside of a class or group. My questions tend to be reflective rather than clarifying (but once again, this is only a tendency).

W

WALMART

Yeah, mine are rarely clarifying.

Example: Bio I, after a lecture on the role of lysosomes, I asked the prof (PHD in neuroscience) what makes them move, how they know where they're going. He chuckled and told me it was too advanced for the class.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have an INFP co-worker that asks questions all the time, i don't know if it is the personality type or if it's just her in particular, but everyone thinks she's nosey. I am really good friends with her and I understand where her questions come from. I have asked them myself...the only difference i believe is that I kept them to myself, maybe it's a difference between Ni and Ne...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In spite of my strong introversion, I tended to ask alot of questions in class and usually felt comfortable doing so. Unless it was the sort of question that would might suggest my ignorance on a topic, in which case I would save for after class. My questions were a mix of the clarifying and the reflective type but more the former- especially what I regarded as an inconsistency of some sort.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP's, silently questioning your every move. (Not actually true, we're much to lazy for that. Unless you would be the object of our innermost desire. Then this is very true!)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh shoot, I ask questions all the time. I'm always the "why?" kid.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am, and I'd totally bet on Ne coming in the highest with this. I'm curious what would follow suit.. Ni is also theoretical, but it's inward so I'm not sure if they'd be more likely to ponder the info and compare to the internal model.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here is an ESFP who like to ask an INTJ too many questions!
tumblr_lhm99w0LkW1qgmmtoo1_500.png

Mia.

I am, and I'd totally bet on Ne coming in the highest with this. I'm curious what would follow suit.. Ni is also theoretical, but it's inward so I'm not sure if they'd be more likely to ponder the info and compare to the internal model.

Agreed.

I was always the one who raised her hand in class. Way more than my NJ friends.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Err, wouldn't this correlate to the Big 5's inquisitive trait? Wouldn't any MBTI type be a "questioner" but for different means, hence different functions?

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I was the "why" kid. Although more specifically, I was the "But what about x?" and "How does y work?" and "Is that like w in z?" kid. ;) Never had a problem with questioning teachers on apparent inconsistencies or interesting links. In retrospect I must have driven both them and my classmates bonkers...

Mia.

I was the "why" kid. Although more specifically, I was the "But what about x?" and "How does y work?" and "Is that like w in z?" kid. ;) Never had a problem with questioning teachers on apparent inconsistencies or interesting links. In retrospect I must have driven both them and my classmates bonkers...

This was me in college. My husband still won't let me live it down, because his vast array of friends all talked about me as the weirdo who spoke super softly yet engaged too much in class, which he then told me about once we started dating. Although the profs always seemed to enjoy it.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nps of course. The opposite of the I will blindly accept authority types :p

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTP (the Architect) is the most precise in thought and language of all the types, making their questions the most penetratingly wise and insightful of them all!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes.

I ask questions ALL THE TIME, and always have. It's the way to get answers. And answers make life interesting.

I agree, NP's for sure.

I ask questions a lot in class if I think it's relevant to the class discussion and good etiquette, and if not, I'll wait until after class.

I make Ne connections all the time, and come up with crazy ideas which I want to bounce off other people. And I ask a lot of questions in order to better understand the underlying principles, explain inconsistencies, and fully understand the "essence" of an idea; or sometimes to blend ideas and systems. Connecting thought systems is like my favorite thing.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nps of course. The opposite of the I will blindly accept authority types :p

Agreed, especially ENxPs. I would agree IxTPs would too but probably not so much. But in a real world case we all would at some stage

nanook

a scream in a vortex
edit: uhm, it slipped my attention that this thread is about class or young people, when i wrote this, my reply is general:

extroverted perception users (dom or aux) (they are aimlessly curious, also testing you, running you through virtual scenarios (experiential situations, provoking you), to get to know you, how will you react?)

and extroverted thinking dominance (they are "questioning", checking if your are of sound logic/reason (running you through logical problems), also delegate half of their thinking to you, but Ne doms do the latter too)

for the opposite types (introverted perception, having no aimless curiosity, since it's very focused):
sensors ask a little more than intuitives, because they ask without real curiosity, simply for the experience of it, hoping to keep a flow going,
while the intuitives among these types would rather tend to only ask with a particular expectation in mind, when they are on to something specific (multiple choice like), that's because intuition seeks the "invisible" (according to sensation's definition of what is visible), but if it were to ask randomly, it would receive mostly visible stuff from most of everyone, which is annoying to intuition, it's just noise. the pattern can therefore depend entirely on whom they are talking with, or whether the situation allows the inquiry into their particular interests (such as your psychology, maybe) or not. any pattern depends on plenty of circumstances ...