User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    I am, and I'd totally bet on Ne coming in the highest with this. I'm curious what would follow suit.. Ni is also theoretical, but it's inward so I'm not sure if they'd be more likely to ponder the info and compare to the internal model.
    Agreed.

I was always the one who raised her hand in class. Way more than my NJ friends.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Err, wouldn't this correlate to the Big 5's inquisitive trait? Wouldn't any MBTI type be a "questioner" but for different means, hence different functions?
    () 9w8-4w3-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I was the "why" kid. Although more specifically, I was the "But what about x?" and "How does y work?" and "Is that like w in z?" kid. Never had a problem with questioning teachers on apparent inconsistencies or interesting links. In retrospect I must have driven both them and my classmates bonkers...
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    I was the "why" kid. Although more specifically, I was the "But what about x?" and "How does y work?" and "Is that like w in z?" kid. Never had a problem with questioning teachers on apparent inconsistencies or interesting links. In retrospect I must have driven both them and my classmates bonkers...
    This was me in college. My husband still won't let me live it down, because his vast array of friends all talked about me as the weirdo who spoke super softly yet engaged too much in class, which he then told me about once we started dating. Although the profs always seemed to enjoy it.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Nps of course. The opposite of the I will blindly accept authority types :p
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTP (the Architect) is the most precise in thought and language of all the types, making their questions the most penetratingly wise and insightful of them all!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Philosorapteuse View Post
    Yes.

I ask questions ALL THE TIME, and always have. It's the way to get answers. And answers make life interesting.

I agree, NP's for sure.

I ask questions a lot in class if I think it's relevant to the class discussion and good etiquette, and if not, I'll wait until after class.

I make Ne connections all the time, and come up with crazy ideas which I want to bounce off other people. And I ask a lot of questions in order to better understand the underlying principles, explain inconsistencies, and fully understand the "essence" of an idea; or sometimes to blend ideas and systems. Connecting thought systems is like my favorite thing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    What other personality types would be a "questioning" type?
    NOSY
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Nps of course. The opposite of the I will blindly accept authority types :p
    Agreed, especially ENxPs. I would agree IxTPs would too but probably not so much. But in a real world case we all would at some stage
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

edit: uhm, it slipped my attention that this thread is about class or young people, when i wrote this, my reply is general:

extroverted perception users (dom or aux) (they are aimlessly curious, also testing you, running you through virtual scenarios (experiential situations, provoking you), to get to know you, how will you react?)

and extroverted thinking dominance (they are "questioning", checking if your are of sound logic/reason (running you through logical problems), also delegate half of their thinking to you, but Ne doms do the latter too)

for the opposite types (introverted perception, having no aimless curiosity, since it's very focused):
    sensors ask a little more than intuitives, because they ask without real curiosity, simply for the experience of it, hoping to keep a flow going,
    while the intuitives among these types would rather tend to only ask with a particular expectation in mind, when they are on to something specific (multiple choice like), that's because intuition seeks the "invisible" (according to sensation's definition of what is visible), but if it were to ask randomly, it would receive mostly visible stuff from most of everyone, which is annoying to intuition, it's just noise. the pattern can therefore depend entirely on whom they are talking with, or whether the situation allows the inquiry into their particular interests (such as your psychology, maybe) or not. any pattern depends on plenty of circumstances ...