• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si vs Se Explained!

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
Si vs Se:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HPpItCpY0

Sixth video in my MBTI series! Hope you enjoy it, hope you learn something!

Let me know if I said anything you disagree with ;) Or if you liked it!

What characteristics of Se or Si do you notice in yourself or others? Which do you prefer someone else having?

OTHER MBTI VIDEOS:

ENFP vs ENTP:
Ti vs Te Explained:
Ni vs Ne Explained:
Fi vs Fe Explained:

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey, thanks for the video. I think this is your best one so far. You're much goofier, but I like it.

I've been thinking a lot about Se vs Si lately as I try to determine my type (again). Maybe you could help with this question:
If we assume that Se largely accounts for image-consciousness, following fashion trends, staying in good physical shape, etc., would you ever expect to see such things in a non-Se user?

Thanks!

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey, thanks for the video. I think this is your best one so far. You're much goofier, but I like it.

I've been thinking a lot about Se vs Si lately as I try to determine my type (again). Maybe you could help with this question:
If we assume that Se largely accounts for image-consciousness, following fashion trends, staying in good physical shape, etc., would you ever expect to see such things in a non-Se user?

Thanks!

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP

Thanks!

Oh absolutely. You assume some pretty large generalizations and a lot of those you mentioned don't really correlate with Se, there are many other factors involved. Of those, I guess good physical shape would correlate somewhat with Se just because Se typically involves doing things. However many people that make large use of Se are not physically active.

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I won't try to comment on the accuracy since Sensing is my inferior function, but I just wanted to say that it's nice to see someone giving Se and Si their due attention! You see Intuition, Feeling, and Thinking talked about a lot, but not Sensing. It did seem kind of random that you only talked about the functions in the dominant and tertiary positions, though.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I am not a trend follower. I like what I like. Don't know how much that helps.

Well I remember that Lenore Thompson relates dominant Se types as being the trend setters and followers but ISTP's are firmly in the realm of Ti.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ dominant Se, okay. Thought you were talking generally. I think SP's, the ones I know, aren't aware or care about trendy. They may have interests that become trends or they take advantage of them.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I suppose it's the old cognitive functions vs dichotomies problem...

I guess there is only one way to find out.....FIGHT!!!

*EDIT* Removed my link because it had embedding disabled :(.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like it. :)

I still don't know if I use Si or Se more.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
^ dominant Se, okay. Thought you were talking generally. I think SP's, the ones I know, aren't aware or care about trendy. They may have interests that become trends or they take advantage of them.
Perhaps it is mean in the sense that ISTPs are more go with the flow. They tend to be less worried about changing the world and are more interested in cutting out their own little niche. In this way they could become trendy but in an unconscious and indirect way.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I won't try to comment on the accuracy since Sensing is my inferior function, but I just wanted to say that it's nice to see someone giving Se and Si their due attention! You see Intuition, Feeling, and Thinking talked about a lot, but not Sensing. It did seem kind of random that you only talked about the functions in the dominant and tertiary positions, though.

:laugh: For some reason I just forgot to cover them in the auxiliary and for the inferior I didn't feel like I understood them enough in that position.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I suppose it's the old cognitive functions vs dichotomies problem...

I guess there is only one way to find out.....FIGHT!!!

*EDIT* Removed my link because it had embedding disabled :(.

It seems like you change your type every day!

I like it. :)

I still don't know if I use Si or Se more.

Uh oh!

Perhaps it is mean in the sense that ISTPs are more go with the flow. They tend to be less worried about changing the world and are more interested in cutting out their own little niche. In this way they could become trendy but in an unconscious and indirect way.

I think there are a ton of factors besides Si vs Se involved in whether someone is trendy or not.

wolfy

awsm
I don't know if I learnt anything I didn't know. I like the way you jumped around in this video, better angles than the other one I watched.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
exactly.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know if I learnt anything I didn't know. I like the way you jumped around in this video, better angles than the other one I watched.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep it in mind.