• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elfboy's Fi vs Fe test

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yay for renecroing a thread. :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) my feelings are easy to describe in words (conversationally, not in writing)
a) often
b) not often, but more so in writing

2) I empathize with people by
a) taking on their feelings as my own
b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past

Neither. I consider the fundamental feeling and what it means in general (certainly drawing from my own experience), and then I "simulate" that person in my head from known facts and general intuition, and then I intellectually grasp an emotional response or view I'd never personally have. I think "extrapolation" is a good way to describe it, because it's not limited to my own experience nor a matter if their emotions strike me as legit enough to be stirred myself.

3) my emotions show a lot on my face
a) YES!
b) not usually

They do when I am in close company and am animated over a subject. Otherwise, they must not, because people misread me terribly. I guess they project onto relative blankness.

4) I am good at tailoring my behaviors and demeanor to various social situations
a) yes, unless I am with a really mean spirited group of people
b) no

Sometimes. I went with "no" as Im probably more oblivious at this than most. Im highly adaptable to new things (ie figuring out how to do something on the fly), but maybe not the social air.

5) I place higher priority in
a) unity, team work, external harmony
b) self expression, internal harmony

Of others too.

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

Neither.... They come from my BRAIN.

7) I care more about
a) how a decision will effect people's feelings and well being
b) the principle of the matter.

It's true...if I think something is immoral, then I dont care how warm and fuzzy it may make some people feel.

8) the external world has a strong impact on my feelings
a) yes. I am adaptable, but also easily effected
b) no, though I tend to gravitate toward places with a similar vibe to how I already feel

Yes and no.I am open to exploring emotional affect in a more private way. Im more likely to be moved from a piece of music or literature than a conversation with a friend or news story. I explore that affect and what it means. I consider opposing views at length and may seek to reconcile points when both seem valid, but on the surface may seem contrary to one another. I resist direct affect from people though, honestly. I dont trust emotional affect unless Ive ruthlessly examined something on my own and I then can call it my own.

9) my beliefs come more from
a) how I was raised, community values, how things effect people
b) myself. even from a young age, I've always had strong views that sometimes differed from what I was taught. I can't really explain it, they were just "there"

A bit of both, though, honestly. When I was younger, I might have said B with more certainty, but Im not that naive anymore. I find myself not fitting well into premade categories even though it doesnt bug me to identify with some, so ultimately you could say I construct my framework more than Ive adopted it, but Im not above influence. My private philosophies are kept close at hand and even those who think we share beleifs might be surprised as to my take on it.

I would say my lines of reasoning are more internally sourced than the beliefs themselves, if that makes sense.

á´…eparted

passages
a) often(though they are rarely sufficient in capturing it's entirety, but this might be due to my perfectionism/standards)

a) taking on their feelings as my own (I do both, but I ultimately think this is closer, but I don't "take them on", hard to explain).
b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past.

a) YES!(oh god yes, so much yes, sometimes much to my dismay).
b) not usually

4) I am good at tailoring my behaviors and demeanor to various social situations
a) yes, unless I am with a really mean spirited group of people (easy peasy lemon squeazy).
b) no

a) unity, team work, external harmony (mostly the last).

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut(my feelings are reactionary, so this I suspect is more accurate, but I don't exactly get this question, what defines heart and gut?)

7) I care more about
a) how a decision will effect people's feelings and well being (the principle of the matter has it's time and place, and I will cite that sometimes, but usually strikes me as horribly petty).

a) yes. I am adaptable, but also easily effected (I definitely gravitate to similar vibes, but I am strongly effected by the external world).
b) no, though I tend to gravitate toward places with a similar vibe to how I already feel

a) how I was raised, community values, how things effect people (this is closer, but the bottom definitely describes me as well).
b) myself. even from a young age, I've always had strong views that sometimes differed from what I was taught. I can't really explain it, they were just "there"

------------------

so 8 for A, and 1 for B. I'd say this would be fairly clear then, but I am definitely taking a lot of liberties in interpreting these.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a) often

But let it be said that I'm very motivated to try to find words for them or make them material somehow.

b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past

I doubt it could be called taking others' feelings on as my own or even empathy in the most true sense, but there is a degree of emotional contagion that I'm susceptible to. This is never helpful. When empathy is purposeful, b is a better description for me, but I don't need to have experienced it before exactly to get an image of it. It might come together out of many experiences both as me and with the other person.

a) YES!
b) not usually

They may, but far less often are they closely related to what's going on. Or I might not be aware that they are or aren't showing.

b) no

Sometimes I think I'm doing this better than I am from the others' point of view.

For others as much as for myself.

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

If we differentiate between feeling and emotion, it's the emotion that's more physical, while feeling is more rational and in the head. Emotions strike me more in the throat, face, inner ear.

7) I care more about

I prefer to balance both, but if that's not possible, I'll regret it later if I don't go with principle.

It can. The general atmospheres out there don't, but there are specific things that do resonate with my vulnerabilities, and they pierce straight to the blood. More for personal reasons than through their intent. Things that are clearly trying to affect me in a certain way just get me squeamish, or they might produce a feeling totally unlike what they intended. Or maybe they will start to worm in, and I'll struggle with them for a while...it would be a lie to say I've never been manipulated before by the right (wrong) person. I often will seek out opposing views and let them in on purpose to see what they do; how they affect me can inform me about where my own views are sturdy or might lack integrity.

Initially, primordially, but as time and life went on, not exclusively. The a content is less conscious than the b, but it is in there.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
How the hell can you feel emotion coming from an organ? I swear, people in this thread must be somehow confusing heartburn with emotion.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How the hell can you feel emotion coming from an organ? I swear, people in this thread must be somehow confusing heartburn with emotion.

I think you're taking this test a little too literally. ;)

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
a) often
b) not often, but moreso in writing

Probably b), though when I am feeling particularly self-aware I can give justice to my emotions while verbalising them.

Definitely b). I need to put myself in somebody else's shoes before I can relate to their feelings.

a) YES!

Not only that, people tend to just sense my presence. I am intensely emotional.

b) no

This goes without saying...

The very idea of adapting my behaviour to other people makes me feel resentful.

6) my feelings come from
b) my gut

I tend to just know how I feel, it is a very automatic thing.

7) I care more about

lol. Obviously b). Your feelings are not my responsibility.

Hmmm. I can be strongly affected by even minor things, like what a room and the people in it look like. I am very sensitive to the emotional atmosphere of my environment as well - I can sense if there is any tension, for example, and it will affect my mood. Probably a) here.

I have always been very independent, to the point of being incorruptible. It was impossible for my teachers to fool me, because I could tell if something they said made no sense. My respect, once lost, can take a very long time to be regained.

more A's: Fe
more B's: Fi

1 Fe
7 Fi
1 mixed

Hmm, pretty clear-cut.

Ingrid in grids

a) often

a) YES!
b) not usually

I've been told different things by different people. A few people have told me that their first impressions of me were that I was somewhat reserved and inexpressive. Those closer to me would say I'm warm and expressive.

b) no

I need both, but a lack of (a) upsets me more than a lack of (b).

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

I associate different feelings with heart and gut. Emotions like fear and rejection I seem to feel in my gut, while others like love, pride, or longing I associate more with the heart.

7) I care more about

A mixture of the two.

Result: More As = Fe

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I think you're taking this test a little too literally. ;)

And how am I supposed to take it? You'll see quite a few users on this thread who seem to interpret it literally. If we're talking figurative, what in the world is it supposed to mean?

It's like asking "Do you feel more with your pancreas or your gallbladder?"

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a) often

a) YES!
b) not usually

b) no

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

7) I care more about

c) I have never been able to answer this chicken-and-egg question -- feelings show up and bewilder me! How do you Feelers narrow it down like that?!

c) Both -- answer A sounds more SJ than Fe to me

PS: please feel free to point out if you believe one of the questions is biased or stereotyped.

EDIT: I took out number 3 because it sucked and renumbered them
^

Nasalaley

1) B
2) B
3) Unsure
4) I would wear my pants, if that is the kind of thing this question suggests.
5) B
6) B
7) B
8) A
9) Tie

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
a) often

b) for sure, but I thought that was because I was an introvert.

I'm... really not sure. I think I do a) but I'm not sure.
a) YES!
b) not usually
b), not usually. Sometimes, if I'm very comfortable with the person and the emotion I want to express.
b) no
b)... I'm very awkward most of the time.

b) I think. I don't see why one should be more important than the other, but I guess I don't do much to foster unity. I prefer to do what feels right to me personally...

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut
I guess I see where this question is coming from, and I can see how both could be true. Like... heart beats faster when infatuated or anxious, getting butterflies in stomach or an ill feeling... I think the gut is more intense. So b)?

7) I care more about
Um... both? But I think I'm very principled... to me, stepping over a line signifies an attitude which must be altered. Do not cross line. But, rationally a) sounds like the better option... I mean, what is the point of adhering to a principle if it isn't actually best for everyone to do so?

Not too sure... I think my emotional state is largely independent of what is going on externally. But different situations elicit predictable responses... idk

I'm not sure how I would know? I mean, my beliefs seem to just be who I am... but who I am comes from how I was raised, what I have experienced... this sounds like nature vs nurture. Interesting that this would be how things are differentiated, and definitely something I have thought before. But I don't feel that I am at the level to differentiate this. Maybe if I reflect more.

More b), though unsure on a lot.

Kas

Fabula rasa
a) often

a) YES!
b) not usually

b) no

between a and b, but b if I have to choose

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

7) I care more about

No suprises then.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a) often

a) YES!
b) not usually

b) no

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

7) I care more about

PS: please feel free to point out if you believe one of the questions is biased or stereotyped.

1. Something seems wrong with this though the idea is in the right direction, but can't place what it is as of this moment.

2. That's a fairly good distinction.

3. Works with Fe ego types, not so much Ti ego. I think a fairer comparison would be something like, I tend to read people's feelings based on how they express themselves or along those lines.

4. Feels unrelated. Should perhaps be more, I understand how to mirror people's feelings/expressions in order to maintain social harmony or the like.

5. Sounds introversion/extroversion delineated, which may work in theory but I don't think it works so well in practice since Fi types can for example value teamwork or social harmony or be conflict-avoidant etc. Would be better to focus on emotional expression or atmospheres.

6. Nonsensical question. I think it would be better to say, do feelings come from a place within ourselves or are they a part of the environment?

7. Seems more T/F than Fe-Fi. Feelers in general care about how their decisions will affect the people involved whereas thinkers care about the logical outcomes/principles.

8. Right, but not quite right. More as in, my feelings can be felt or exist without inference or relationship of the feelings of others.

9. I think this isn't very good either. More as in, how do you judge good/bad? Based on the overall consensus or based on what you personally value?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i got 4 b's and 5's a so i dunno

though for 1-2 i was right in the middle

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
a) often

Honestly, I am generally not even aware that I have feelings until I put them down in private writing. I really do not like to be seen as an emotional person in real life, because you look weak, but they do sort of crawl up on me especially if I get to discussing something I don't really agree with. But then usually I am just sputtering away while the other person just talks over me.

Hm, I don't really know if I can answer this at all. I generally have a sort of hard time empathising at all. Maybe more situational, as it is more of a why are you doing this to yourself sort of thing, but I don't really know. It is difficult, because I generally think about what the reasons are for them being in that situation, how they might be feeling, how it affects me, and what the affects are on everyone who is dealing with them. I do not really have much experience to draw upon, and pity just seems so wrong in and of itself. If I were to pity someone it would be accepting the situation as absolute, and I do not like to do that.

a) YES!
b) not usually

This depends as well. I do not generally intentionally show emotion on my face, but I do get questioned often by people whether I am angry, sad, hate them, ect. My face sort of stays an impassive frown, and it takes a ton of effort to force smiles or keep up with whatever is going on around me, so I generally don't. People should not be so fixated on what others are doing, but I suppose it provides them with a sort of sense of comfort to get what they believe as a known reaction out of someone else. Women especially are forced to act the role of the encouraging admirorer, to be force to be submissive and put someone on a pedestal of entitlement is not going to happen. I already ranted about this on another thread though, so I will stop. It is more insincere and does less favors overall anyway.

b) no

Again, can't really answer. I can put up a decently convincing front with people if I am in the mood. It takes quite a bit of time, usually music, reading, whatever to get me to a place where I can comfortably come close to matching whatever is going on around me. It is touchy. I can go into an interview, party, group, and if I am in a bad mood its pretty much a lost cause.

Again both. I really cannot choose. I generally do not express myself, at least not externally. I like to read, I like to write, and I like to listen to music, but beyond that nothing. Teamwork is fine as long as I do not have to really be completely involved in the team. I do not mind seeing it work together, but I would prefer generally to do things completely on my own.

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

Huh? Um, I suppose my gut. When I do experience my feelings it is almost like there is something rumbling, sparks are shot off in different directions, and if I do not do what they tell me to do I will explode. If someone is talking about someone else, and really not being fair at all, I usually cannot deal. If everyone is stealing, and they tell me to do it, it is like I am being nailed to the ground, and I won't . It feels gross to go against my gut, gross and wrong, and I generally cannot do it. If I feel something I did was wrong, I generally will not have any solid thoughts about the wrongness, but a sort of general feeling that I am a horrible human being and I usually try to indirectly correct it first, becuz I do not like apologizing. Ill try to dance around it. Then direct, because otherwise...

7) I care more about

This is a hard test. To the few people that I actually care about deeply, I would probably place them above any principle. Although I suppose if it came down to it, I would question why there is that choice in the first place. If they were forcing me to go against my principles for them, well that is a different story.

This is generally irritating though

Mmm, the name stubborn rings a bell here. Get called it often, not as much anymore, but even though I don't really see myself as stubborn, (maybe) apparently people very close to me do. It is hard to move my mind, and while maybe I will do what I am told, sometimes, it is generally with very little enthusiasm. Though usually I won't at all.

wolfy

awsm
a) often

b) not usually

6) my feelings come from

b) my gut

7) I care more about

Looks like I got more bz

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
#5 is the only one that seems to stick out as Fi vs Fe. The others seem a little more variant based on the person.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
#5 is the only one that seems to stick out as Fi vs Fe. The others seem a little more variant based on the person.

Actually, no. People think seeking social harmony is Fe as in, not sticking up for one's beliefs, being conflict-avoidant, but that's not what Fe is about. Fe is more about harmonious atmospheres. An Fi type can value harmony just as much as an Fe type can.