8) a
    9) b

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

1) my feelings are easy to describe in words (conversationally, not in writing)
    a) often
    b) not often, but more so in writing

2) I empathize with people by
    a) taking on their feelings as my own
    b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past

Neither. I consider the fundamental feeling and what it means in general (certainly drawing from my own experience), and then I "simulate" that person in my head from known facts and general intuition, and then I intellectually grasp an emotional response or view I'd never personally have. I think "extrapolation" is a good way to describe it, because it's not limited to my own experience nor a matter if their emotions strike me as legit enough to be stirred myself.

3) my emotions show a lot on my face
    a) YES!
    b) not usually

They do when I am in close company and am animated over a subject. Otherwise, they must not, because people misread me terribly. I guess they project onto relative blankness.

4) I am good at tailoring my behaviors and demeanor to various social situations
    a) yes, unless I am with a really mean spirited group of people
    b) no

Sometimes. I went with "no" as Im probably more oblivious at this than most. Im highly adaptable to new things (ie figuring out how to do something on the fly), but maybe not the social air.

5) I place higher priority in
    a) unity, team work, external harmony
    b) self expression, internal harmony

Of others too.

6) my feelings come from
    a) my heart
    b) my gut

Neither.... They come from my BRAIN.

7) I care more about
    a) how a decision will effect people's feelings and well being
    b) the principle of the matter.

It's true...if I think something is immoral, then I dont care how warm and fuzzy it may make some people feel.

8) the external world has a strong impact on my feelings
    a) yes. I am adaptable, but also easily effected
    b) no, though I tend to gravitate toward places with a similar vibe to how I already feel

Yes and no.I am open to exploring emotional affect in a more private way. Im more likely to be moved from a piece of music or literature than a conversation with a friend or news story. I explore that affect and what it means. I consider opposing views at length and may seek to reconcile points when both seem valid, but on the surface may seem contrary to one another. I resist direct affect from people though, honestly. I dont trust emotional affect unless Ive ruthlessly examined something on my own and I then can call it my own.

9) my beliefs come more from
    a) how I was raised, community values, how things effect people
    b) myself. even from a young age, I've always had strong views that sometimes differed from what I was taught. I can't really explain it, they were just "there"

A bit of both, though, honestly. When I was younger, I might have said B with more certainty, but Im not that naive anymore. I find myself not fitting well into premade categories even though it doesnt bug me to identify with some, so ultimately you could say I construct my framework more than Ive adopted it, but Im not above influence. My private philosophies are kept close at hand and even those who think we share beleifs might be surprised as to my take on it.

I would say my lines of reasoning are more internally sourced than the beliefs themselves, if that makes sense.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

a) often(though they are rarely sufficient in capturing it's entirety, but this might be due to my perfectionism/standards)

a) taking on their feelings as my own (I do both, but I ultimately think this is closer, but I don't "take them on", hard to explain).
    b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past.

a) YES!(oh god yes, so much yes, sometimes much to my dismay).
    b) not usually

4) I am good at tailoring my behaviors and demeanor to various social situations
    a) yes, unless I am with a really mean spirited group of people (easy peasy lemon squeazy).
    b) no

a) unity, team work, external harmony (mostly the last).

6) my feelings come from
    a) my heart
    b) my gut(my feelings are reactionary, so this I suspect is more accurate, but I don't exactly get this question, what defines heart and gut?)

7) I care more about
    a) how a decision will effect people's feelings and well being (the principle of the matter has it's time and place, and I will cite that sometimes, but usually strikes me as horribly petty).

a) yes. I am adaptable, but also easily effected (I definitely gravitate to similar vibes, but I am strongly effected by the external world).
    b) no, though I tend to gravitate toward places with a similar vibe to how I already feel

a) how I was raised, community values, how things effect people (this is closer, but the bottom definitely describes me as well).
    b) myself. even from a young age, I've always had strong views that sometimes differed from what I was taught. I can't really explain it, they were just "there"

------------------

so 8 for A, and 1 for B. I'd say this would be fairly clear then, but I am definitely taking a lot of liberties in interpreting these.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

a) often

But let it be said that I'm very motivated to try to find words for them or make them material somehow.

b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past

I doubt it could be called taking others' feelings on as my own or even empathy in the most true sense, but there is a degree of emotional contagion that I'm susceptible to. This is never helpful. When empathy is purposeful, b is a better description for me, but I don't need to have experienced it before exactly to get an image of it. It might come together out of many experiences both as me and with the other person.

a) YES!
    b) not usually

They may, but far less often are they closely related to what's going on. Or I might not be aware that they are or aren't showing.

b) no

Sometimes I think I'm doing this better than I am from the others' point of view.

For others as much as for myself.

6) my feelings come from
    a) my heart
    b) my gut

If we differentiate between feeling and emotion, it's the emotion that's more physical, while feeling is more rational and in the head. Emotions strike me more in the throat, face, inner ear.

7) I care more about

I prefer to balance both, but if that's not possible, I'll regret it later if I don't go with principle.

It can. The general atmospheres out there don't, but there are specific things that do resonate with my vulnerabilities, and they pierce straight to the blood. More for personal reasons than through their intent. Things that are clearly trying to affect me in a certain way just get me squeamish, or they might produce a feeling totally unlike what they intended. Or maybe they will start to worm in, and I'll struggle with them for a while...it would be a lie to say I've never been manipulated before by the right (wrong) person. I often will seek out opposing views and let them in on purpose to see what they do; how they affect me can inform me about where my own views are sturdy or might lack integrity.

Initially, primordially, but as time and life went on, not exclusively. The a content is less conscious than the b, but it is in there.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

your resident asshole

How the hell can you feel emotion coming from an organ? I swear, people in this thread must be somehow confusing heartburn with emotion.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    How the hell can you feel emotion coming from an organ? I swear, people in this thread must be somehow confusing heartburn with emotion.
    I think you're taking this test a little too literally.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    a) often
    b) not often, but moreso in writing
    Probably b), though when I am feeling particularly self-aware I can give justice to my emotions while verbalising them.

Definitely b). I need to put myself in somebody else's shoes before I can relate to their feelings.

a) YES!
    Not only that, people tend to just sense my presence. I am intensely emotional.

b) no
    This goes without saying...

The very idea of adapting my behaviour to other people makes me feel resentful.

6) my feelings come from
    b) my gut
    I tend to just know how I feel, it is a very automatic thing.

7) I care more about
    lol. Obviously b). Your feelings are not my responsibility.

Hmmm. I can be strongly affected by even minor things, like what a room and the people in it look like. I am very sensitive to the emotional atmosphere of my environment as well - I can sense if there is any tension, for example, and it will affect my mood. Probably a) here.

I have always been very independent, to the point of being incorruptible. It was impossible for my teachers to fool me, because I could tell if something they said made no sense. My respect, once lost, can take a very long time to be regained.

more A's: Fe
    more B's: Fi

1 Fe
    7 Fi
    1 mixed

Hmm, pretty clear-cut.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

a) often
    a) YES!
    b) not usually
    I've been told different things by different people. A few people have told me that their first impressions of me were that I was somewhat reserved and inexpressive. Those closer to me would say I'm warm and expressive.

b) no
    I need both, but a lack of (a) upsets me more than a lack of (b).

6) my feelings come from
    a) my heart
    b) my gut
    I associate different feelings with heart and gut. Emotions like fear and rejection I seem to feel in my gut, while others like love, pride, or longing I associate more with the heart.

7) I care more about
    A mixture of the two.

Result: More As = Fe

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I think you're taking this test a little too literally.
    And how am I supposed to take it? You'll see quite a few users on this thread who seem to interpret it literally. If we're talking figurative, what in the world is it supposed to mean?

It's like asking "Do you feel more with your pancreas or your gallbladder?"
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post