User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WALMART

I suppose I was a lot like Lady X's kid. I sang classic rock to my teachers and bullshitted my way through the entity of social interaction.

I cannot WAIT to produce offspring, simply for watching them grow into a full functioning adult =D

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

At age three and younger:

I was very direct, not subtle, etc -- but also very charming and smart. One of my most defining personality traits was my sense of humor; I had started singing before I could talk, and when I was maybe 6-8(?) months old I thought it was the funniest thing to sing "Jingle Bells" (with "doot doot doot" in lieu of words) to my mom. I'd sing it, then burst into giggles, then sing it again, and giggle some more. I also thought it was really funny to label things incorrectly; for example, if my mom was reading me a book about shapes, and there was a page with a square, and she asked me "What shape is this", I'd go "IT'S A CIRCLE!" and bust up laughing. (Maybe that's Si humor from a young age? I read somewhere that Si humor focuses on the abnormal, and that's still how my sense of humor works, so it's possible.) I loved it when people would laugh with me, too, so I would always try and charm my parent's friends when they visited, and I got pretty good at working a room. I was an extroverted kid, not in the sense of talking a lot, but in the sense of being very focused on the outside world, and especially focused on people.

My dad (INTP) had been a prankster when he was little, so he was wary of the potential for me to lie to him and my mom, but as my personality developed, he realized that I never, ever lied about anything. I was also pretty rule-abiding, and even if I thought a rule wasn't fair, one time-out was enough to get me to stop doing something. I was also pretty articulate for my age (though not nearly as much as Jennifer's son!). My dad likes to tell me about a particular time when I was crying in the middle of the night and it was his turn to put me back to bed. Nothing would calm me down, and he was exhausted and getting progressively more frustrated. Finally he went "What do you WANT from me???" and much to his surprise, I answered him, and told him what I wanted. (He doesn't remember what the thing was, now.) So he befuddledly got that thing for me and I calmed down and went to sleep.

I wasn't domineering or particularly aggressive, but I knew what I wanted and did what I had to do to get it, without really keeping other people in mind. My preschool teachers thought I was autistic at one point because if it was circle time and I didn't feel like talking to the kids, but felt like reading instead, I'd just leave the circle and read. When I was a little younger than that, I practically pushed a kid off a slide (though, thankfully, my aim was good and he went down the slide instead), not out of any malice, but because he was taking too long and I was next in line!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I was a quiet toddler. People were warned away from bothering me because I only wanted to be around my mother or preferably, my oldest sister and would scream if anyone else approached me. Suspicious. Loved my food, comfort, and plush toys. Fat, physically lazy, and often refused to talk or cooperate. Greatly dislike other children. Fascinated with odd things and magic. Hard to comfort or please.

ISFP son was just a little gem. Sweet and happy. Very quirky, had odd beliefs, and habits...awesome as a little person and still is. Rarely spoke, he just liked to be close to me or his father. He loved being outdoors so we went out a lot. Favorite thing was to go on surprise trips and buy a special treat. Fascinated with colors, textures, sights, and sounds. Serene with a fragile streak. Would spend long periods of time alone followed up by intense bonding.

INFJ daughter sounds very much like AffirmativeAnxiety description. She'd cry for hours and hours. Lived on PB&J, scrambled eggs, and yogurt because she refused to eat anything else. Very unfriendly even with extended family members. Stubborn. So very clingy. Late to wean. Had to have speech therapy. DX'd with selective mutism.. Had to tell people to leave her the hell alone because she was such a gorgeous little doll but she hated the attention. Sweet and very sensitive.

INXX son: Brilliant mind in a little body. Had a huge vocabulary, could play video games (and win), and potty trained himself at 2. Loves cuddling, being close, asks incredibly thoughtful questions. Very sweet and considerate but extremely shy. Didn't like talking or dealing with strangers. Often tried to keep people in the dark by hiding his intelligence. Could be sarcastic and snarky with older cousins. Strongly preferred staying home. Could get intensely upset but would rarely cry.

EXTJ: Whew... Early on, very laid back, fixated on physical comforts, lazy. After learning to walk, a small tyrant. Bossy, strong-willed, would correct others. Independent, wants to do for self and tell others how and when to do things. Doesn't ask but demands. Will take it upon himself to do a task that he believes needs to be done (he was 2 and lugging a basket of clothes. I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "I'm gonna go wash these!"). Loves attention and will assertively demand affection until he receives it. Has a very thick skin...can be hard to discipline unless reasons for it are clear to him. Gets very angry when a goal is blocked or something isn't done NOW. Fun to be around, enthusiastic, and good natured.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

these are awesome.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    (he was 2 and lugging a basket of clothes. I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "I'm gonna go wash these!").
    Oh my god. I totally did stuff like this but I started waaaay later. He was 2???
    Gets very angry when a goal is blocked
    TOTALLY. I was exactly like this. Forgot to mention it in my previous post!
    Has a very thick skin...can be hard to discipline unless reasons for it are clear to him.
    I actually had a notoriously thin skin when I was younger. I didn't take criticism well at all, and my knee-jerk reaction would be to get defensive. Not sure how early this started (could have been later than 3), but it took me a while to stop.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Oh my god. I totally did stuff like this but I started waaaay later. He was 2???

TOTALLY. I was exactly like this. Forgot to mention it in my previous post!

I actually had a notoriously thin skin when I was younger. I didn't take criticism well at all, and my knee-jerk reaction would be to get defensive. Not sure how early this started (could have been later than 3), but it took me a while to stop.
    my lil esfj loves to help me clean...like sweep and mop and do the windows/mirrors etc
    she asks to help
    my entp son complains and bargains and will only do it if he sees great value in doing so...like..$1 a chore or dessert or something haha
    my lil girl will often offer to just do it for him

sj's are weird!! haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Glycerine

Oh also after 5-6+,I would start crying I uncontrollable if I perceived something as a slight but I think I was emotionally stunted for a bit. I vascillated between easy-going/soft-spoken/passive/sweet and bossy,opinionated, and being very particular about how things should be, very outgoing. It was always on my terms whether or not I detached or engaged with my environment. Lol.

One notable thing was that I was always asking questions nonstop once I learned to talk. I was a mix between the INJ and EFJ kids descriptions.

So Fe and Ni was quite noticeable when I was very little.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

My mother says I was a lot like my son as a baby tho he had a more mischievous glint in his eye

But that I was very happy and loved to be carried around. Very affectionate. And laughed all the time at the oddest things like cactuses or just a funny looking dog anything that I didn't see all the time.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Whenever this subject comes up, I conclude based on mbti theory that I'm actually an extrovert.

My mom is also not very helpful whenever I ask her about what I was like as a toddler... she says she doesn't remember and it was '30 years ago', that she just remembers very vague things. She likes to mention though that I was a collicky, fussy baby.

The theme though is that age 3-4, I was very friendly and smiled a lot, and would go up to strangers sometimes - that I wasn't afraid of adults. She said I was more curious - asking questions - than my brother (INTP), and also less afraid about things in general, and not as introverted as my brother. She added (which she didn't need to... obv. I know it already ) that that obv. changed for me as I got older, that I became more introverted.

Would cry and be upset if someone (another kid) was 'mean' but that I was generally a very happy child and didn't cry very much or throw tantrums more than rarely. The only other thing she told me is that in preschool I apparently didn't want to share toys with anyone and usually wanted to play by myself, and had to be 'taught' to do those sorts of things, before heading on into kindergarten.

She also went into how she raised us with positive reinforcement, not really paying attention/acknowledging much if I did anything bad, but praising good behavior, and was very consistent with that. Throwing that out there because it's probably relevant in that any of my more negative behaviors (in her eyes) wouldn't have been reinforced / would have been nipped in the bud earlier on.

----

Between the two of us, my brother and I... as grade-school-age children, I remember taking advantage a bit of his sensitivity and being the more controlling one of the two of us.. I'd typically always 'win' or get my way in playing together. It's interesting, we're super close these days, and I think always have been; I'm glad he never took it badly.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

NPcomplete

I remember talking a lot, often using "big" words and complete sentences. In my pre-reading days, I often followed my parents around, demanding stories or asking questions. Or I would sit outside and make up stories. Or better yet, examine all the books (we had a lot of those) and create chaos.

I had a lot of trouble to sleep at night and probably annoyed everyone because of my incessant talking so very early, my dad decided to teach me how to read in the hopes that I'd stay quiet for at least a little while. I learnt pretty fast and of course that gave rise to other "problems" for them, the main one being that I often would be up "late" reading and refuse to sleep. I was (am) quite stubborn and would only accept certain things after a long and exhausting argument. Some things never change, I suppose. :P

I hated kindergarten (and later most of primary school), and would often throw tantrums in the morning just so I could avoid school but that never worked. Apparently the teachers still adored me.

Things changed when my sister was born though. I became more introverted and mostly didn't like sharing my empire with her. It took me a few years to realise that she was much more than the "creature who always cries". But it ended up being very interesting. We often created our own games deeming ours superior to all the other kids', built realms and travelled across them, came up with schemes to defeat dragons and acquire their riches etc. Fun stuff!