• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The 'type to be':

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Esfp? So people would love you? Or EXTJ? So people would fear you?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sometimes I enjoy comparing apples to oranges. What are your most desired types, and why?

As always, detail is king.

Probably ISTP. They're just so damned useful.

Ooh. SFP would also be fun as well.

Just any type that would make me care less about some of the bullshit I'm so invested in now.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Probably ISTP. They're just so damned useful.

I like the way you think Rex. Damn right ISTP is the type to be! :thumbup:

Don't do what society wants. Do what you yourself want! :happy2:

Society may not like ISTPs, which is a downside, but at least they know how to have a good time, and not be a mindless insect. :dry:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like the form of a healthy INFJ, personally.

They have enough Ni, to understand what I'm trying to say. They are extremely loyal. Yet they don't take peoples' crap. They're laid back enough to be in their company days on end, yet STILL clean. And their cleanliness applies to their Ni world. It's really cute. So they may miss things but they don't miss the the important things. <---you can tell I've had one good room(INFJ) mate and am comparing all the other bad ones(P's) to them. lol

INFJ's have Fe and are willing to stand up for people they care about. They are one of the only types I've seen use Ti where it's not unhealthy(meaning they're not consistantly rude for unprovoked for reasons.)

Also I relate to them in a sense that I can hold the same notion of wanting "purity." My notion goes more towards an affinity towards the natural or organic progression of things though. Some INFJ's get carried away with purity. Example: An INFJ not wanting thier partner to have had any other sexual experience with anyone else before them (or after them ) ...it's cute but unrealistic. :/

And then ISTP's have a natural(sensual) way of attracting me.:blush: (Their Ti is also not rude :))

Can't put my two cents in on ENTP's or INTJ's cause I don't know any. But I think I get along with both, at least on here. And most of the time I like their posts.lol

Something similar to an appropriate response: That sucks, I can see where the communication barrier is.

Unnecessary response. ^^ Great One did not ask you for your advice.

You giving advice, is definately an indicator that you're an IXFP.

I'm sorry to butt in but no one asked. :shrug:

That's my Fi :alttongue:

But the bolded is also an Fi thing.

again no one asked :shrug: lol

Again it didn't seem like they were asking you to solve the problem :shrug:

It is Fe. In this particular situation it was Fe wanting feedback from your brother.

Or it just you caring, even a little bit, about the communication you and your brother may have...ie him not saying "Hey bro, can't make it this time."(feedback) and you replying "Ok, so should we work out a different money situation this week?"(giving feedback, and asking feedback again) cause that's what humans do. lol. they care.

Also sounds a little e-6ish.

:blush:

WOOHOO, you guys! :cheers:

Actually he did ask. No one asked YOU. Why are you arguing with me when I'm not even here?

I think haters make me famous.

S

Society

regarding the question you didn't mean to ask:
i've fantasied about being STP at various times in my life. my current ideological stance on MBTI means aspiring towards my inner SFJ on the other side of my coin.

regarding the one you meant: it's difficult to answer, i've had good friends of all types. perhaps the closest were ISTP, INTJ, INTP, INFP, INFJ, ESFJ, ESTP, and i'm quite close with my ISFP sister.

regarding typing preferred lovers..
yea, not opening that can of worms.

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it hard to relate to people who are much different to me; I get too frustrated to bother trying for the most part. The particular points of divergence that seem to be a problem are extroverts (who I'll often admire but never become close with), feelers and sensers.

So, my favourite company is usually pretty close to my own typing, although I don't think of any types as better or worse people. That's silly.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
So, my favourite company is usually pretty close to my own typing, although I don't think of any types as better or worse people. That's silly.

I agree. There is no [I]best [/I]type to be. There is only each of us developing ourselves and becoming the best possible version of ourselves. An immature person of any type will look far different than a mature person of that same type and an immature [or undeveloped] person of one type, compared to a developed person of another type will always be an inaccurate comparison.

I realize that this is an opinion-type thread, but I can't help but think that it's a question that can never be answered. We have no Rosetta Stone, so to speak, no template of the "perfect" person and even if we did, someone would disagree that the perfect person was perfect because he or she wasn't like them. No matter how "logical" or "objective" any of us claim to be, the bottom line is that we are all biased in some ways, so a true answer to this question can't be found. This equation has no solution.

Standuble

I realize that this is an opinion-type thread, but I can't help but think that it's a question that can never be answered. We have no Rosetta Stone, so to speak, no template of the "perfect" person and even if we did, someone would disagree that the perfect person was perfect because he or she wasn't like them. No matter how "logical" or "objective" any of us claim to be, the bottom line is that we are all biased in some ways, so a true answer to this question can't be found. This equation has no solution.

Of course it can't be answered. Outside of opinion there is the type best suited to performing a particular task and the type best suited to operating in a particular situation but who defines the best standards for these two categories? What would be the "best results" in objective terms completely removed from subjective desire?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Each one sucks in an equal number of ways. I want to be an XXXX. Or better yet, an amorphous, celestial blob of ethereal goo.

Standuble

Each one sucks in an equal number of ways. I want to be an XXXX. Or better yet, an amorphous, celestial blob of ethereal goo.

Would an amorphous, celestial blob of ethereal goo have a type as well? I'm guessing an Se-dom as it doesn't think very much and it is very flexible, contorting its form to fit into a myriad of shapes. In that case would you have a favourite MBTI type after all? But don't mind me, I'm using feeler logic again.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone clearly wants to be an ESTJ. This is supported by how [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] on polls when people ask what their type is always votes that they are ESTJ. This is clearly done out of the kindness of his heart to please and appease people with this glorious title.

Why everyone should want to be an ESTJ:
1. You could be the boss.
2. Your work would get done efficiently.
3. People would be jealous of your high position in the power structure.
4. It would be only but a slight effort on your part to attack and condemn all incompetence.
5. It is better to be feared than loved.

There's plenty of other reasons, but since I'm a useless and lazy non-ESTJ, I lack the proper follow through attitude to complete the list.

Standuble

Everyone clearly wants to be an ESTJ. This is supported by how [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] on polls when people ask what their type is always votes that they are ESTJ. This is clearly done out of the kindness of his heart to please and appease people with this glorious title.

4. It would be only but a slight effort on your part to attack and condemn all incompetence.

There's plenty of other reasons, but since I'm a useless and lazy non-ESTJ, I lack the proper follow through attitude to complete the list.

You do know there are INTJs and ENTJs who are capable of achieving everything on that list (through their own means) but who can also achieve much, much, more don't you? ESTJs are mindless slaves who have the instinctual skill to effectively drive other mindless slaves. The STJs only "rule the world" because there are so freaking many of them that they designed the world in their own image. Don't worship them. Finish the research, have them turned into Cybermen or cyborgs. Turn the STJs into worker droids and the SFJs into babysitter and cookery droids. Then they can slave away without others having to feign worship and respect.

Rant over. Thank you for listening.

Jaguar

I don't know [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] IRL, but she doesn't come across as a 'mindless slave' in her posts.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

:drwho:

You've found the secret to our superiority. Nice work!
You do know there are INTJs and ENTJs who are capable of achieving everything on that list (through their own means) but who can also achieve much, much, more don't you? ESTJs are mindless slaves who have the instinctual skill to effectively drive other mindless slaves. The STJs only "rule the world" because there are so freaking many of them that they designed the world in their own image. Don't worship them. Finish the research, have them turned into Cybermen or cyborgs. Turn the STJs into worker droids and the SFJs into babysitter and cookery droids. Then they can slave away without others having to feign worship and respect.

Rant over. Thank you for listening.
Hoo boy.

I'll give this as simple and quick a rebuttal as it deserves:

The MBTI is as system that tries to fit everyone into a nice, neat, tidy box. Many people who write descriptions -- most often Ns and/or antiestablishmentarians -- will use the broader system to draw conclusions about certain types or type groupings that do not, at all, come from the original material, but instead come from their personal biases and their belief that their type is superior to others. (Because most people prefer the way they think, to the way others think. It's only natural.)

But if you think critically about the system, and look through the rhetoric to its core, you'll realize that it is so much more complicated than those stereotypes would lead you to believe. One of the best ways to realize that is to meet people of each type who don't fit the stereotypes, and to see that their acting outside of the stereotype still makes technical sense within the system.

For example, an ESTJ that rebels against the establishment. They'll do so because the establishment is not fair or just (Te/Fi), and not appropriate compared to how the establishment SHOULD be running (Si/Fi). It may be true that ESTJs will trust whoever they believe to be qualified, by default, but if people prove themselves to be unqualified, the ESTJ will no longer have any reason to trust them. They will think for themselves and use their brains.

You, on the other hand, seem to have turned off your brain, because you are looking at stereotypes without questioning them in the slightest. Just because you're an N, and not an SJ, doesn't mean you are naturally more of a critical thinker than them. You'd do well to realize that -- not just because you'll stop pissing people off, but because the MBTI will be much more rewarding to you in the long run, if you see how complex it is, and if you stop fooling yourself into believing that everyone has to fit their respective MBTI stereotype.
I don't know [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] IRL, but she doesn't come across as a 'mindless slave' in her posts.
:laugh: Thanks! I appreciate that.

Standuble

Hoo boy.

I'll give this as simple and quick a rebuttal as it deserves:

The MBTI is as system that tries to fit everyone into a nice, neat, tidy box. Many people who write descriptions -- most often Ns and/or antiestablishmentarians -- will use the broader system to draw conclusions about certain types or type groupings that do not, at all, come from the original material, but instead come from their personal biases and their belief that their type is superior to others. (Because most people prefer the way they think, to the way others think. It's only natural.)

But if you think critically about the system, and look through the rhetoric to its core, you'll realize that it is so much more complicated than those stereotypes would lead you to believe. One of the best ways to realize that is to meet people of each type who don't fit the stereotypes, and to see that their acting outside of the stereotype still makes technical sense within the system.

For example, an ESTJ that rebels against the establishment. They'll do so because the establishment is not fair or just (Te/Fi), and not appropriate compared to how the establishment SHOULD be running (Si/Fi). It may be true that ESTJs will trust whoever they believe to be qualified, by default, but if people prove themselves to be unqualified, the ESTJ will no longer have any reason to trust them. They will think for themselves and use their brains.

You, on the other hand, seem to have turned off your brain, because you are looking at stereotypes without questioning them in the slightest. Just because you're an N, and not an SJ, doesn't mean you are naturally more of a critical thinker than them. You'd do well to realize that -- not just because you'll stop pissing people off, but because the MBTI will be much more rewarding to you in the long run, if you see how complex it is, and if you stop fooling yourself into believing that everyone has to fit their respective MBTI stereotype.

A few points I would ask you to consider.

- You made the assertion that I "turned off my brain" but the question is what if I didn't? What if I only turned off part?
- What if I looked at the stereotypes criticially and yet decided to perpetuate them anyway?
- What if said stereotypes had their origins in data gathered in controlled conditions?
- What if the whole above post was to create a stir and I was parodying my views on the subject?
- If the above post was taken at face value have you failed to apply critical thinking skills?
- What if I don't really care about pissing people off and am causing stir to examine the dynamics and results of conflict situations?
- What if said ESTJ stops trusting someone who they think is unqualified when in fact there are hidden qualities which make them more than qualified for the task which the ESTJ has not detected?
- Have I forgotten some questions?
- Have I wasted my time asking these as I would probably be too scared to come back to this thread?
- Is responding to me a productive use of your time in the first place?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A few points I would ask you to consider.

- You made the assertion that I "turned off my brain" but the question is what if I didn't? What if I only turned off part?
- What if I looked at the stereotypes criticially and yet decided to perpetuate them anyway?
- What if said stereotypes had their origins in data gathered in controlled conditions?
- What if the whole above post was to create a stir and I was parodying my views on the subject?
- If the above post was taken at face value have you failed to apply critical thinking skills?
- What if I don't really care about pissing people off and am causing stir to examine the dynamics and results of conflict situations?
- What if said ESTJ stops trusting someone who they think is unqualified when in fact there are hidden qualities which make them more than qualified for the task which the ESTJ has not detected?
- Have I forgotten some questions?
- Have I wasted my time asking these as I would probably be too scared to come back to this thread?
- Is responding to me a productive use of your time in the first place?
It wasn't a waste of time before, because a post like that necessitated a clear and sensible rebuttal. But responding to all your questions is definitely a waste of time, as you clearly have no desire to give me a rebuttal proportional to the one that I took the time to give you.

So, thanks but no thanks. I'm glad to have made that other post, on principle, but I don't want to play games with you.

I

Infinite Bubble

I always thought ENTP was the best combination of intelligence and 'coolness'. So them.

Standuble

It wasn't a waste of time before, because a post like that necessitated a clear and sensible rebuttal. But responding to all your questions is definitely a waste of time, as you clearly have no desire to give me a rebuttal proportional to the one that I took the time to give you.

So, thanks but no thanks. I'm glad to have made that other post, on principle, but I don't want to play games with you.

That's fine. I did not invite you to play the game, you approached the table of your own will. I did not feel the need to give a "rebuttal proportional to the one" you gave because it did not teach me anything I did not know - I considered it invalid as it was a response designed under the assumption my post was made in all seriousness. Whilst my post does echo my sentiments regarding sensors in general I thought my comments regarding robots were sufficiently self-evident to be tongue-in-cheek and thus bring doubt on the nature of the post.

Farewell.