User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 96

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Each one sucks in an equal number of ways. I want to be an XXXX. Or better yet, an amorphous, celestial blob of ethereal goo.
    Would an amorphous, celestial blob of ethereal goo have a type as well? I'm guessing an Se-dom as it doesn't think very much and it is very flexible, contorting its form to fit into a myriad of shapes. In that case would you have a favourite MBTI type after all? But don't mind me, I'm using feeler logic again.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Everyone clearly wants to be an ESTJ. This is supported by how @Jaguar on polls when people ask what their type is always votes that they are ESTJ. This is clearly done out of the kindness of his heart to please and appease people with this glorious title.

    Why everyone should want to be an ESTJ:
    1. You could be the boss.
    2. Your work would get done efficiently.
    3. People would be jealous of your high position in the power structure.
    4. It would be only but a slight effort on your part to attack and condemn all incompetence.
    5. It is better to be feared than loved.

    There's plenty of other reasons, but since I'm a useless and lazy non-ESTJ, I lack the proper follow through attitude to complete the list.

  3. #73
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    ^ Wiseguy.

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Everyone clearly wants to be an ESTJ. This is supported by how @Jaguar on polls when people ask what their type is always votes that they are ESTJ. This is clearly done out of the kindness of his heart to please and appease people with this glorious title.

    Why everyone should want to be an ESTJ:
    1. You could be the boss.
    2. Your work would get done efficiently.
    3. People would be jealous of your high position in the power structure.
    4. It would be only but a slight effort on your part to attack and condemn all incompetence.
    5. It is better to be feared than loved.

    There's plenty of other reasons, but since I'm a useless and lazy non-ESTJ, I lack the proper follow through attitude to complete the list.
    You do know there are INTJs and ENTJs who are capable of achieving everything on that list (through their own means) but who can also achieve much, much, more don't you? ESTJs are mindless slaves who have the instinctual skill to effectively drive other mindless slaves. The STJs only "rule the world" because there are so freaking many of them that they designed the world in their own image. Don't worship them. Finish the research, have them turned into Cybermen or cyborgs. Turn the STJs into worker droids and the SFJs into babysitter and cookery droids. Then they can slave away without others having to feign worship and respect.

    Rant over. Thank you for listening.

  5. #75
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    I don't know @EJCC IRL, but she doesn't come across as a 'mindless slave' in her posts.

  6. #76
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Why everyone should want to be an ESTJ:
    1. You could be the boss.
    2. Your work would get done efficiently.
    3. People would be jealous of your high position in the power structure.
    4. It would be only but a slight effort on your part to attack and condemn all incompetence.
    5. It is better to be feared than loved.

    There's plenty of other reasons, but since I'm a useless and lazy non-ESTJ, I lack the proper follow through attitude to complete the list.


    You've found the secret to our superiority. Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    You do know there are INTJs and ENTJs who are capable of achieving everything on that list (through their own means) but who can also achieve much, much, more don't you? ESTJs are mindless slaves who have the instinctual skill to effectively drive other mindless slaves. The STJs only "rule the world" because there are so freaking many of them that they designed the world in their own image. Don't worship them. Finish the research, have them turned into Cybermen or cyborgs. Turn the STJs into worker droids and the SFJs into babysitter and cookery droids. Then they can slave away without others having to feign worship and respect.

    Rant over. Thank you for listening.
    Hoo boy.

    I'll give this as simple and quick a rebuttal as it deserves:

    The MBTI is as system that tries to fit everyone into a nice, neat, tidy box. Many people who write descriptions -- most often Ns and/or antiestablishmentarians -- will use the broader system to draw conclusions about certain types or type groupings that do not, at all, come from the original material, but instead come from their personal biases and their belief that their type is superior to others. (Because most people prefer the way they think, to the way others think. It's only natural.)

    But if you think critically about the system, and look through the rhetoric to its core, you'll realize that it is so much more complicated than those stereotypes would lead you to believe. One of the best ways to realize that is to meet people of each type who don't fit the stereotypes, and to see that their acting outside of the stereotype still makes technical sense within the system.

    For example, an ESTJ that rebels against the establishment. They'll do so because the establishment is not fair or just (Te/Fi), and not appropriate compared to how the establishment SHOULD be running (Si/Fi). It may be true that ESTJs will trust whoever they believe to be qualified, by default, but if people prove themselves to be unqualified, the ESTJ will no longer have any reason to trust them. They will think for themselves and use their brains.

    You, on the other hand, seem to have turned off your brain, because you are looking at stereotypes without questioning them in the slightest. Just because you're an N, and not an SJ, doesn't mean you are naturally more of a critical thinker than them. You'd do well to realize that -- not just because you'll stop pissing people off, but because the MBTI will be much more rewarding to you in the long run, if you see how complex it is, and if you stop fooling yourself into believing that everyone has to fit their respective MBTI stereotype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't know @EJCC IRL, but she doesn't come across as a 'mindless slave' in her posts.
    Thanks! I appreciate that.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hoo boy.

    I'll give this as simple and quick a rebuttal as it deserves:

    The MBTI is as system that tries to fit everyone into a nice, neat, tidy box. Many people who write descriptions -- most often Ns and/or antiestablishmentarians -- will use the broader system to draw conclusions about certain types or type groupings that do not, at all, come from the original material, but instead come from their personal biases and their belief that their type is superior to others. (Because most people prefer the way they think, to the way others think. It's only natural.)

    But if you think critically about the system, and look through the rhetoric to its core, you'll realize that it is so much more complicated than those stereotypes would lead you to believe. One of the best ways to realize that is to meet people of each type who don't fit the stereotypes, and to see that their acting outside of the stereotype still makes technical sense within the system.

    For example, an ESTJ that rebels against the establishment. They'll do so because the establishment is not fair or just (Te/Fi), and not appropriate compared to how the establishment SHOULD be running (Si/Fi). It may be true that ESTJs will trust whoever they believe to be qualified, by default, but if people prove themselves to be unqualified, the ESTJ will no longer have any reason to trust them. They will think for themselves and use their brains.

    You, on the other hand, seem to have turned off your brain, because you are looking at stereotypes without questioning them in the slightest. Just because you're an N, and not an SJ, doesn't mean you are naturally more of a critical thinker than them. You'd do well to realize that -- not just because you'll stop pissing people off, but because the MBTI will be much more rewarding to you in the long run, if you see how complex it is, and if you stop fooling yourself into believing that everyone has to fit their respective MBTI stereotype.
    A few points I would ask you to consider.

    - You made the assertion that I "turned off my brain" but the question is what if I didn't? What if I only turned off part?
    - What if I looked at the stereotypes criticially and yet decided to perpetuate them anyway?
    - What if said stereotypes had their origins in data gathered in controlled conditions?
    - What if the whole above post was to create a stir and I was parodying my views on the subject?
    - If the above post was taken at face value have you failed to apply critical thinking skills?
    - What if I don't really care about pissing people off and am causing stir to examine the dynamics and results of conflict situations?
    - What if said ESTJ stops trusting someone who they think is unqualified when in fact there are hidden qualities which make them more than qualified for the task which the ESTJ has not detected?
    - Have I forgotten some questions?
    - Have I wasted my time asking these as I would probably be too scared to come back to this thread?
    - Is responding to me a productive use of your time in the first place?

  8. #78
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    A few points I would ask you to consider.

    - You made the assertion that I "turned off my brain" but the question is what if I didn't? What if I only turned off part?
    - What if I looked at the stereotypes criticially and yet decided to perpetuate them anyway?
    - What if said stereotypes had their origins in data gathered in controlled conditions?
    - What if the whole above post was to create a stir and I was parodying my views on the subject?
    - If the above post was taken at face value have you failed to apply critical thinking skills?
    - What if I don't really care about pissing people off and am causing stir to examine the dynamics and results of conflict situations?
    - What if said ESTJ stops trusting someone who they think is unqualified when in fact there are hidden qualities which make them more than qualified for the task which the ESTJ has not detected?
    - Have I forgotten some questions?
    - Have I wasted my time asking these as I would probably be too scared to come back to this thread?
    - Is responding to me a productive use of your time in the first place?
    It wasn't a waste of time before, because a post like that necessitated a clear and sensible rebuttal. But responding to all your questions is definitely a waste of time, as you clearly have no desire to give me a rebuttal proportional to the one that I took the time to give you.

    So, thanks but no thanks. I'm glad to have made that other post, on principle, but I don't want to play games with you.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  9. #79
    Infinite Bubble
    Guest

    Default

    I always thought ENTP was the best combination of intelligence and 'coolness'. So them.

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It wasn't a waste of time before, because a post like that necessitated a clear and sensible rebuttal. But responding to all your questions is definitely a waste of time, as you clearly have no desire to give me a rebuttal proportional to the one that I took the time to give you.

    So, thanks but no thanks. I'm glad to have made that other post, on principle, but I don't want to play games with you.
    That's fine. I did not invite you to play the game, you approached the table of your own will. I did not feel the need to give a "rebuttal proportional to the one" you gave because it did not teach me anything I did not know - I considered it invalid as it was a response designed under the assumption my post was made in all seriousness. Whilst my post does echo my sentiments regarding sensors in general I thought my comments regarding robots were sufficiently self-evident to be tongue-in-cheek and thus bring doubt on the nature of the post.

    Farewell.

Similar Threads

  1. The Hardest Type to be in The Enneagram
    By Stansmith in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 453
    Last Post: 07-19-2017, 05:23 AM
  2. [SP] Are Sp's the most common types to be musicians?
    By Blackout in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 10:43 AM
  3. What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?
    By OrangeAppled in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
  4. What MBTI type do you think is the EASIEST to be?
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 09:22 PM
  5. Against the Law to be Fat in Japan?
    By heart in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO