• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The 'type to be':

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

my sister is a speed addict who neglects her children...you can't let who your brother is define you

and if you eat just fine, then I don't see a problem other than you and your dad needing to hold your brother down and take his grocery money, for realz

or tell him he don't get to eat

It's like I can't allow my brother not to eat. I think this is an Fi vs. Fe thing.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I've had this problem with several INTJ's and many others have told me that they have the same problems with them. My brother is a perfect example of this. I live with my brother and father, and we all have to go to the grocery store at certain times throughout the week, pull our money together, and buy food. There are only small windows of opportunity to when we can all get together and do this because all of our schedules change every week. Now my brother is the typical INTJ 5 w 6 SP/SO and rarely communicates. This wouldn't really be a problem, but often times he will just go for a brisk jog or walk up to the corner store, when we had all previously agreed to go to the store at that certain time. We then wait, and wait for his arrival but he comes home like 2 hours later, and it's then too late to go to the store. We then have to eat out the next few days and spend a lot more money than we would have if had gone to the store in the first place.

This reminds me of The Leary Family from The Accidental Tourist. Do you label and alphabetize your canned goods as well? :alttongue:

I read that the three of you have an agreement that you're pooling your money and shopping together, until your brother decided that he's doing his own thing. Does this mean your brother no longer contributes and you and your dad are left to split the grocery bill? Can't you guys just set it up where you make a list and take turns doing the shopping once a week? Seems inefficient to go several times during the week, when you could just knock it out in one go, then no one needs to eat out.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's like I can't allow my brother not to eat. I think this is an Fi vs. Fe thing.

no its not its just you still making irrational excuses...he walks off, clearly he knows how to shop and feed himself, get real

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This reminds me of The Leary Family from The Accidental Tourist. Do you label and alphabetize your canned goods as well? :alttongue:

I read that the three of you have an agreement that you're pooling your money and shopping together, until your brother decided that he's doing his own thing. Does this mean your brother no longer contributes and you and your dad are left to split the grocery bill? Can't you guys just set it up where you make a list and take turns doing the shopping once a week? Seems inefficient to go several times during the week, when you could just knock it out in one go, then no one needs to eat out.

We only go once a week. He can't even commit to that. It's bullshit.

W

WALMART

[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION]

Ill explain my answer a little better now if I can. Basically while I acknowledge that stronger thinkers and stronger feelers both have emotions and drives and will get extremely upset by trauma, I also think that feelers have to live their life as a kind of gyro.

Their emotions are constantly weaving and circling within one another and if something upsets the balance the weaves go awry and swing out all over the place and it takes a long time for them to get that balance back and centre....themselves < (cheesy I know but hey it works for me).

Basically what I mean is that emotional turmoil throws a strong feeler right off his or her gyro of stability and they get extremely unstable, thoughts get overwhelmed and swarmed with what I would decribe as an almost physical force, throwing off all thinking.

Whereas thinkers have a much more stable system, I see it as the kinetic metal-office balls on a frame clicking back and forth, a vibration may upset it but in general it keeps on going, clicking and clacking with the same rhythm, meaning that a thinker might be thrown off by a moment of emotional conflict, but they are able to keep a consistancy of thought separate from the influence of that turmoil.

That's what I want to experience. As for why ENT....well mainly just extraversion I want to experience things from a different perspective.

It was fun to go back and read this with my more advanced knowledge of typology.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Although I love meeting all sorts of people, xSTPs interest me a lot! I love adventurous types. INTJs also interest me because the ones I know are so different from me.

The last person I crushed on was ExTx (probably SP), so I guess you could say I like thinking types a lot! No clue why, really. But then again the person I liked before that was ISFJ, so I just enjoy meeting new people with personalities very different than mine. It makes having a wide circle of acquaintances/friends more interesting. :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The 4 best types in existence: INTP ISTP ENTP INTJ

The 4 best enneagrams in existence: 5w6 5w4 7w8 7w6

The 4 worst types in existence: ESFJ ESFP ENFJ ESTJ

The 4 worst enneagrams in existence: 2w1 2w3 1w2 1w9

I've decided that if I have a child, I'm going to have the child blessed by my family priest. I'm going to have the pastor pray that God will give him a long and healthy life, that he will be successful, and most of all: I will have him pray very diligently that the child doesn't wind up being an ESFJ.

Since that is the very rarest and worst type to be on this forum, then it is indeed the type to be!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The 4 best types in existence: INTP ISTP ENTP INTJ

The 4 best enneagrams in existence: 5w6 5w4 7w8 7w6

The 4 worst types in existence: ESFJ ESFP ENFJ ESTJ

The 4 worst enneagrams in existence: 2w1 2w3 1w2 1w9

Since that is the very rarest and worst type to be on this forum, then it is indeed the type to be!

Why did you not include ENTJ in your best mbti types to be? Also, why did you not include 3w2, 3w4 and 8w7 in your best enneagram types to be?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
I don't desire any type in particular, I judge on other criteria.:D

Though I tend to find I get along best with Ti-Fe or Fe-Ti for obvious reasons.

But I don't actively seek out any particular type, that would be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Standuble

ENTJ probably. I feel that they embody all that I have craved deep down throughout my life. Major potential to have power, glory, knowledge and the ability to achieve one's goals. Understandable I suppose given my aspirational Te.

There are good points to all the NT types though it's just that I would rank ENTJ at the top.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WTF everyone here is so fascinated and in awe with ENTJs!?

I know folks they're just so dang powerful and impressive we should all bow down like royal subjects right?!

They also will surely one day dominate the Universe and make it dance as they sing.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Just be yourself. You have no choice anyway, no matter what you pretend.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Just be yourself.

What if I don't exist?

funny-celebrity-pictures-what-if-im-using-the-wrong-meme.jpg

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What about friends, lovers, teachers, etc?

I didn't mean "what would you want to be?"

I intended to ask... which ones do you prefer to come across, and why? In what forms do you like what people?

I like the form of a healthy INFJ, personally.

They have enough Ni, to understand what I'm trying to say. They are extremely loyal. Yet they don't take peoples' crap. They're laid back enough to be in their company days on end, yet STILL clean. And their cleanliness applies to their Ni world. It's really cute. So they may miss things but they don't miss the the important things. <---you can tell I've had one good room(INFJ) mate and am comparing all the other bad ones(P's) to them. lol

INFJ's have Fe and are willing to stand up for people they care about. They are one of the only types I've seen use Ti where it's not unhealthy(meaning they're not consistantly rude for unprovoked for reasons.)

Also I relate to them in a sense that I can hold the same notion of wanting "purity." My notion goes more towards an affinity towards the natural or organic progression of things though. Some INFJ's get carried away with purity. Example: An INFJ not wanting thier partner to have had any other sexual experience with anyone else before them (or after them ) ...it's cute but unrealistic. :/

And then ISTP's have a natural(sensual) way of attracting me.:blush: (Their Ti is also not rude :))

Can't put my two cents in on ENTP's or INTJ's cause I don't know any. But I think I get along with both, at least on here. And most of the time I like their posts.lol

I've had this problem with several INTJ's and many others have told me that they have the same problems with them. My brother is a perfect example of this. I live with my brother and father, and we all have to go to the grocery store at certain times throughout the week, pull our money together, and buy food. There are only small windows of opportunity to when we can all get together and do this because all of our schedules change every week. Now my brother is the typical INTJ 5 w 6 SP/SO and rarely communicates. This wouldn't really be a problem, but often times he will just go for a brisk jog or walk up to the corner store, when we had all previously agreed to go to the store at that certain time. We then wait, and wait for his arrival but he comes home like 2 hours later, and it's then too late to go to the store. We then have to eat out the next few days and spend a lot more money than we would have if had gone to the store in the first place.

Something similar to an appropriate response: That sucks, I can see where the communication barrier is.

I totally side with your INTJ brother. I think this is Fi talking.

Apparently you must be an Fe type if you can't even go to the fucking store without a goddamn group. Be self-sufficient for the love of Christ. Stop blaming your brother for your own lack of independence and initiative.

Unnecessary response. ^^ Great One did not ask you for your advice.

You giving advice, is definately an indicator that you're an IXFP.

[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION], that's funny I love to shop alone, and will even say things to people like yeah Ill meet you back here in twenty minutes before I flee away

[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] I have a long history of uber self sufficiency like Ill take everyones money, buy 80 dollars worth of groceries and push a fucking cart home on foot

I can also carry at least 30 dollars worth of groceries, walking, with no cart

and Im female...Ive also moved to two major cities alone twice in my life

for fucks sake take a clue from your brother and go to the store alone, or get everyone's money up front and do it without him

or do what my roommates and I do sometimes, just go to the store individually and share what you've got

I'm sorry to butt in but no one asked. :shrug:

That's my Fi :alttongue:

But the bolded is also an Fi thing.

I have an advanced degree in surviving during poverty, and I can reassure you that you have no excuse not to eat

go buy eggs, bread, and ramen. Or beans, rice, and oatmeal. Blaming anyone, when you are an adult who lives in the USA, for not eating for several days is insane.

You strike me as a person who needs confrontation therapy, so I could care less if you go off on me.

Buy food and don't share it with your brother. Go get food stamps. Seriously to me you sound like a dependent, blaming victim and the main person that hurts is you.

If I thought like you I'd probably be dead, or I would have lived a much less satisfying life.

If you're not a child and your parent isn't starving you you've got no excuse. There are homeless drunks with more common sense than you.

again no one asked :shrug: lol

my sister is a speed addict who neglects her children...you can't let who your brother is define you

and if you eat just fine, then I don't see a problem other than you and your dad needing to hold your brother down and take his grocery money, for realz

or tell him he don't get to eat

Again it didn't seem like they were asking you to solve the problem :shrug:

It is Fe. In this particular situation it was Fe wanting feedback from your brother.

Or it just you caring, even a little bit, about the communication you and your brother may have...ie him not saying "Hey bro, can't make it this time."(feedback) and you replying "Ok, so should we work out a different money situation this week?"(giving feedback, and asking feedback again) cause that's what humans do. lol. they care.

Also sounds a little e-6ish.

Yar, I'd take ENTJ over INTJ any day of the week.
:blush:
ENTJ probably. I feel that they embody all that I have craved deep down throughout my life. Major potential to have power, glory, knowledge and the ability to achieve one's goals. Understandable I suppose given my aspirational Te.

There are good points to all the NT types though it's just that I would rank ENTJ at the top.
ENTJ seems to be like the Lamborghini of personality types.
I believe the ENTJ is the Ace of Spades of the MBTI.
I'd have to say xNTJ.

WOOHOO, you guys! :cheers:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Lol entjs fuck that i would rather be any other type. Actually wait esfj takes the cake.

Lark

I can only really speak for myself and say that the type to be is yourself, I'm most comfortable as ENTJ.

I can resist the motivation to be any of those but it just reasserts itself, I swear I've seen myself tell myself a dozen times I'm not for speaking at the next meeting or couldnt do any different or better at this public speaking event or delivering this bit of training just to find I do the exact opposite, there's a guy I know who I've spoken to who laughs at me now because he knows exactly what I'm doing or experiencing and sometimes passes me notes with things like "what's your opinion on this?" on it because he likes to wind me up that way.

There are some of the traits in sensing and feeling with I do find attractive, in theory or when I see others exhibit them but I've had limited success manifesting them myself.

For instance Aquarelle visited her in Ireland and she has some great qualities I associate with feeling types, appreciation for music is one, so when she left I thought I'd take an interest in music, bought a tin whistle and a harmonica. I've read three or four books and listened to one audio book on psychology and music and developed a lot of theories both from cognitivist and psychodynamic perspectives about music but I know its not the same thing. Similarly I've read lots about mystics who strike me as being real feeling types, I've followed their guides to spiritual growth but I reach impasses because I've found my mind doesnt really work that way, I cant even trick myself into it.

Sensing is something which I kind of associate with appreciation for fine detail, ability to absorb and observe, those are things I think I'd like to develop, at least in theory or brecause of association with ideas like ninjas or sherlock holmes and my training in attentiveness for work has taken me so far in that direction but again its got its limits.

Perception and perceptiveness I've got to confess I dont know anything about really, besides in the Fallout games, the early PC ones, improved perception meant that you had better marksmanship skills and found more things in random searches.

Nicki

Retired
If I could choose, I would become an INTJ so I could focus on my goals/plans without getting too distracted by people and my need for social interaction.