• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Surprising Strengths of Perceivers

Silveresque

I definitely relate to this. My ISTJ and ISFJ parents try to force J methods on me though, and they don't understand that my ways aren't necessarily "being lazy"--they're just my natural ways of functioning that work best for me. Usually these J methods don't really help me and aren't necessary. It gets very frustrating at times.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I was so glad to read this! It's really refreshing to see my working style not being cast in a purely negative light for once. I wish that I'd been wise to this at university. If I had been, I'm sure I would have been happier and more productive than I was when I spent all my time feeling like a chaotic failure by believing that the Only Right Way was the Je approach, and my failure to stick to or thrive on this clearly meant I was just lazy and rubbish. I've done some of my best work at the last minute. It's why I've always preferred exams to coursework - you get psyched up, it's a BATTLE and then it's over. Really relate to the adrenaline kick thing. When things go wrong at the last minute, other people often seem to panic and flounder, whereas I find myself galvanised. All my procrastination and faffing drops away and I become a hyper-efficient prioritising solution-spewing Fix-It Machine. Kind of makes me attracted to high-stress jobs where I'd get to blitz problems and then move on to the next ones. I wish I could live like that all the time. Sadly my natural laziness makes me unwilling to implement the kind of structure (eg deadlines) that's required for that last-minute burst to be triggered. I need to work on that.