User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default How do you use Ti?

Ti users, explain to me how you use Introverted thinking.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

As a way of putting the needle in the haystack, taking it out again, pointing it out to everyone and then bending it into a different shape.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That was cool!

A video suggestion came up afterward which explains Ti Vs. Te.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kRtX65Cnc9w
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    That was cool!

And here you can talk about it, even with the author.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Here's a video suggestion that came up after the Ti vs. Te video:

On INTPs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=b0H72NI40Ac

MBTI
    INTP

That was cool!

I approve of this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Ti users, explain to me how you use Introverted thinking.
    There's a sort of internal sense of when something is inconsistent or when there is a logical contradiction, also an internal sense of when something is congruent or incongruent with a system (or previous experiences). I go into my head, detach, and try to look at things objectively.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    I approve of this post

There's a sort of internal sense of when something is inconsistent or when there is a logical contradiction, also an internal sense of when something is congruent or incongruent with a system (or previous experiences). I go into my head, detach, and try to look at things objectively.
    Hey Doc,

Either my memory is going or I missed out on your original posting of that video here. Probably the former. One thing that always comes up lacking in these kinds of analyses is the emotional aspect of the INTP thought-process. This might include the ISTP's, where the ISTP is into concrete systems and the INTP is into intellectual systems. But to me there is a certain beauty to systems, most particularly the mathematical. The idea of "Analysis" misses half, and perhaps the most important, part of it. Comprehension of systems is more immediate than analysis, and it is accompanied by an immediate experience of truth that can sometimes be overwhelmingly emotional. Analysis is emphasized over synthesis, but this is understandable as synthesis is harder to describe. I agree that analysis is an objective process, and truth has objective content; moreover, I agree that objectivity is absolutely desirable. However, the manner of arriving at objective truth is not analytical, it is synthetic; it is more than the sum of its parts. The truth behind this mysterious process of obtaining truth is partially emotional. I wouldn't say that emotion drives this process so much as accompanies and even rewards it. And despite the idea that objectivity is the goal, there is a certain subjectivity that goes into the process. This is the point of indefinable mystery that is not what some would call Ni but is instead the basis for all that is Ti.

MBTI
    INTP

Hey Doc,

Either my memory is going or I missed out on your original posting of that video here. Probably the former. One thing that always comes up lacking in these kinds of analyses is the emotional aspect of the INTP thought-process. This might include the ISTP's, where the ISTP is into concrete systems and the INTP is into intellectual systems. But to me there is a certain beauty to systems, most particularly the mathematical. The idea of "Analysis" misses half, and perhaps the most important, part of it. Comprehension of systems is more immediate than analysis, and it is accompanied by an immediate experience of truth that can sometimes be overwhelmingly emotional. Analysis is emphasized over synthesis, but this is understandable as synthesis is harder to describe. I agree that analysis is an objective process, and truth has objective content; moreover, I agree that objectivity is absolutely desirable. However, the manner of arriving at objective truth is not analytical, it is synthetic; it is more than the sum of its parts. The truth behind this mysterious process of obtaining truth is partially emotional. I wouldn't say that emotion drives this process so much as accompanies and even rewards it. And despite the idea that objectivity is the goal, there is a certain subjectivity that goes into the process. This is the point of indefinable mystery that is not what some would call Ni but is instead the basis for all that is Ti.
    You know, this somewhat relates to my theory that in order to use one function you must also be using the opposite of it to some degree. So to use Ti you must also use Fe and vice versa. You can't perceive the patterns behind the details (Ni) unless you observe the outside appearance to some degree (Se).

Just a theory I play around with in my head.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    What aspect of that demonstrated introverted thinking? How he was getting philosophical with everything or because he took the vehicle apart, broke it into pieces, and put it back together again?