User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I wouldn't expect an Ne to settle on one authoritative statement. But since you had an ESTP boss, maybe you have a better idea than most. Just like me, with my ESTJ boss, who demonstrates plain as day how strongly Si comes through in this strict belief in tradition (although over the years he's allowed an INTJ Mastermind to gently manipulate him away from all that stuff alot of which was nonsensical and purely traditional.)
    No, I've worked with actually several ESTP types. The ESTP's would be able to use Ti in the moment, take action, and solve a problem using minimal effort. I would just be dumbfounded. He just took action too fast for me, and I literally had no idea how to solve the problems that fast. My mind has to philosophize for a while and then it will think of a lot of solutions for a problem, including how to make solve a problem. Both of the ESTP types thought I was a useless dumb ass because I would spend too much time contemplating over ways that we could solve a problem and not taking action. I didn't like working with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Dominant: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings. This intuitive play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to find the whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[19] Ne allows the ENTP to effortlessly identify complex interrelationships between ideas, people, and things that are often invisible to most other personality types.[20]

[edit] Auxiliary: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[21] In the ENTP, Ti analyzes the constant stream of information that Ne provides. Ti develops structure and reconciles any inconsistencies in the ENTP's belief system. However, Ti cannot match the activity of Ne, which leads the ENTP to juggle multiple projects and theoretical enterprises at any given time, in various stages of completion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTP
    I relate to everything with Ne, and the bolded Ti parts.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    No, I've worked with actually several ESTP types. The ESTP's would be able to use Ti in the moment, take action, and solve a problem using minimal effort. I would just be dumbfounded. He just took action too fast for me, and I literally had no idea how to solve the problems that fast. My mind has to philosophize for a while and then it will think of a lot of solutions for a problem, including how to make solve a problem. Both of the ESTP types thought I was a useless dumb ass because I would spend too much time contemplating over ways that we could solve a problem and not taking action. I didn't like working with them.
    Too bad you can't describe the Ti in ESTP. To me, sometimes I doubt that JCF works on the ESTP. Or sometimes they just make me think of Se (activity in the world) with some detached moments of reflection that you may not have noticed but which have nothing to do with their activities.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Too bad you can't describe the Ti in ESTP. To me, sometimes I doubt that JCF works on the ESTP. Or sometimes they just make me think of Se (activity in the world) with some detached moments of reflection that you may not have noticed but which have nothing to do with their activities.
    No, I can't describe it a little better if you want. It was like the Ti wasn't used but in the present moment. It wasn't used constantly and almost in a philosophical way like in the NTP types. It's sort of like the way the ESFP types use Fi.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No, I can't describe it a little better if you want. It was like the Ti wasn't used but in the present moment. It wasn't used constantly and almost in a philosophical way like in the NTP types. It's sort of like the way the ESFP types use Fi.
    We're getting somewhere. I wouldn't think it would be philosophical. Just a function to keep them from running all different directions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

We're getting somewhere. I wouldn't think it would be philosophical. Just a function to keep them from running all different directions.
    I can tell you that his decisions were must faster than mine. Also, he didn't think about things before hand or afterwards either. For instance, I would foresee many company problems that needed to be solved and I would constantly pitch ideas to him. He would always get annoyed at the fact that I was pitching him ideas before we actually had to solve the problems. His mind set was like, "Party hard, screw hot chicks, have fun, make money, don't worry about the future....then once the problem came up he would just go into action mode and solve the problems in a ridiculously fast-paced manner." I was blown away by how he could do this. I don't think I could do this, if my life depended on it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I can tell you that his decisions were must faster than mine. Also, he didn't think about things before hand or afterwards either. For instance, I would foresee many company problems that needed to be solved and I would constantly pitch ideas to him. He would always get annoyed at the fact that I was pitching him ideas before we actually had to solve the problems. His mind set was like, "Party hard, screw hot chicks, have fun, make money, don't worry about the future....then once the problem came up he would just go into action mode and solve the problems in a ridiculously fast-paced manner." I was blown away by how he could do this. I don't think I could do this, if my life depended on it.
    I would suggest that his method for solving the problem was to quickly remove the obstacle in the way of having more fun and living in the moment.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I would suggest that his method for solving the problem was to quickly remove the obstacle in the way of having more fun and living in the moment.
    Yeah that and like I said, when Se wants to, it goes into super action mode where it just takes action and doesn't stop "doing". Also, the main just couldn't think about the future to save his life. I don't think he could think of even a week ahead.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Mal+

I actually think that I am better at cracking the code of systems and improving them than creating them.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Hey Doc,

Either my memory is going or I missed out on your original posting of that video here. Probably the former. One thing that always comes up lacking in these kinds of analyses is the emotional aspect of the INTP thought-process. This might include the ISTP's, where the ISTP is into concrete systems and the INTP is into intellectual systems. But to me there is a certain beauty to systems, most particularly the mathematical. The idea of "Analysis" misses half, and perhaps the most important, part of it. Comprehension of systems is more immediate than analysis, and it is accompanied by an immediate experience of truth that can sometimes be overwhelmingly emotional. Analysis is emphasized over synthesis, but this is understandable as synthesis is harder to describe. I agree that analysis is an objective process, and truth has objective content; moreover, I agree that objectivity is absolutely desirable. However, the manner of arriving at objective truth is not analytical, it is synthetic; it is more than the sum of its parts. The truth behind this mysterious process of obtaining truth is partially emotional. I wouldn't say that emotion drives this process so much as accompanies and even rewards it. And despite the idea that objectivity is the goal, there is a certain subjectivity that goes into the process. This is the point of indefinable mystery that is not what some would call Ni but is instead the basis for all that is Ti.
    I don't think it's an emotional thing, at least how you describe it above. There can be an immediate sense of satisfaction. Which, can be worth it but it isn't dwelled upon or delved into. ( at least for myself).
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I don't think it's an emotional thing, at least how you describe it above. There can be an immediate sense of satisfaction. Which, can be worth it but it isn't dwelled upon or delved into. ( at least for myself).
    I'm pointing away from the idea of pure intellect, because Ti doesn't mean "floating brain" or "no emotional investment." Satisfaction works for that too. There are also abstract feelings.