First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    That makes sense at least. Now if I could just understand Ti working with Ne
    Ti auxiliary will work in different ways than the dominant, right? I don't see it as being a systems builder in that respect, just a consistency checker.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Inspirational moments as you described are rather rhapsodic and in themselves possess nothing logical. They belong to no system, although they carry with them the feeling that they are truths. This however is just a feeling, and it should be checked by the rational side. Is the idea consistent with other ideas, with itself, and with facts? Is it even practical?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Ti auxiliary will work in different ways than the dominant, right? I don't see it as being a systems builder in that respect, just a consistency checker.
    Really is this true? I've never heard this before?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Really is this true? I've never heard this before?
    About auxiliaries? They don't behave the same way as dominants, they're just helper functions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

About auxiliaries? They don't behave the same way as dominants, they're just helper functions.
    So what I am asking the people of the forum is, "How does Ti manifest itself in the ENTP?"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

So what I am asking the people of the forum is, "How does Ti manifest itself in the ENTP?"
    I just told you. But if anybody has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I just told you. But if anybody has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.
    I'm sorry. I shouldn't have quoted you with that statement. I posted that comment as an open ended question for others to answer.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have quoted you with that statement. I posted that comment as an open ended question for others to answer.
    I wouldn't expect an Ne to settle on one authoritative statement. But since you had an ESTP boss, maybe you have a better idea than most. Just like me, with my ESTJ boss, who demonstrates plain as day how strongly Si comes through in this strict belief in tradition (although over the years he's allowed an INTJ Mastermind to gently manipulate him away from all that stuff alot of which was nonsensical and purely traditional.)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Dominant: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings. This intuitive play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to find the whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[19] Ne allows the ENTP to effortlessly identify complex interrelationships between ideas, people, and things that are often invisible to most other personality types.[20]

[edit] Auxiliary: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[21] In the ENTP, Ti analyzes the constant stream of information that Ne provides. Ti develops structure and reconciles any inconsistencies in the ENTP's belief system. However, Ti cannot match the activity of Ne, which leads the ENTP to juggle multiple projects and theoretical enterprises at any given time, in various stages of completion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTP

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Dominant: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings. This intuitive play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to find the whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[19] Ne allows the ENTP to effortlessly identify complex interrelationships between ideas, people, and things that are often invisible to most other personality types.[20]

[edit] Auxiliary: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[21] In the ENTP, Ti analyzes the constant stream of information that Ne provides. Ti develops structure and reconciles any inconsistencies in the ENTP's belief system. However, Ti cannot match the activity of Ne, which leads the ENTP to juggle multiple projects and theoretical enterprises at any given time, in various stages of completion
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTP
    I like the sound of that, although some of these Wiki descriptions are very poor.