First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I don't understand what you are saying. Please clarify.
    Synthesis vs. analysis. I disagreed that Ti is limited to analysis, and that there is a synthetic component to the experience. But now you're describing a synthetic thought process as Ne.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Synthesis vs. analysis. I disagreed that Ti is limited to analysis, and that there is a synthetic component to the experience. But now you're describing a synthetic thought process as Ne.
    I'm really trying to understand Ti. Don't go with my description. You should ask @Doctorjuice about the difference between Se<Ti, and Ne<Ti.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I'm really trying to understand Ti. Don't go with my description. You should ask @Doctorjuice about the difference between Se<Ti, and Ne<Ti.
    That's the one I was disagreeing with.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

That's the one I was disagreeing with.
    Ok well great. I was stating how I thought that I used it. Clearly I don't really understand Ti. That was the whole point of me making this thread, is so I could understand it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Ok well great. I was stating how I thought that I used it. Clearly I don't really understand Ti. That was the whole point of me making this thread, is so I could understand it.
    Well I think that Ti descriptions are common yet very stereotyped. It must be remembered that Ti is a systems builder, not an analyst. Analysis is a necessary part of this process of system building. But the end-product is not just a bunch of parts lying around that used to be something.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Well I think that Ti descriptions are common yet very stereotyped. It must be remembered that Ti is a systems builder, not an analyst. Analysis is a necessary part of this process of system building. But the end-product is not just a bunch of parts lying around that used to be something.
    I'm awesome with analysis but I'm not sure how great I am at systems building. I do use Fe very well though, and I know that I am an Ne dom. Therefore, I conclude that I must somehow use Ti in there, I'm just not sure when I am using it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thinking is limited in scope. It only takes place after premises have been defined. It can then check those premises for consistency and find logical consequences. Perceiving functions are responsible for putting premises in place.

A stream of thought is a consistent back and forth between Perceiving and Judging, with Perceiving adding premises and Judging evaluating them and throwing some out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Thinking is limited in scope. It only takes place after premises have been defined. It can then check those premises for consistency and find logical consequences. Perceiving functions are responsible for putting premises in place.

A stream of thought is a consistent back and forth between Perceiving and Judging, with Perceiving adding premises and Judging evaluating them and throwing some out.
    Still doesn't make sense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Still doesn't make sense.
    The things that pop into your head (your consciousness) come from perceiving functions (Intuition/Sensing). Only after they have popped in can Thinking and Feeling work on them. All Thinking can do is take these things to their logical consequences, it can't actually add new logical content.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    The things that pop into your head (your consciousness) come from perceiving functions (Intuition/Sensing). Only after they have popped in can Thinking and Feeling work on them. All Thinking can do is take these things to their logical consequences, it can't actually add new logical content.
    That makes sense at least. Now if I could just understand Ti working with Ne