Thread: Kokology 2.0

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Default Kokology 2.0

So... I got everyone addicted to kokology on Vent. For those not in the know kokology "present a series of psychological and hypotheticals [2] that are designed to reveal one's hidden attitudes about sex, family, love, work, and other elements of one's life. It is essentially a game of self-discovery that can provide interesting, and often hilarious insight by answering questions to seemingly innocent topics." So just play along/read along and reveal your answers... if you dare!

Everyone likes a nice person and most of us try to be good in our own lives. Why is it, then that there are so few people in the world who are good all the time? As hard as you may try, there are always those rotten days of moments and weakness where it just feels better to be bad. Whether that takes the form of driving too fast on the highway, cheating on a test, or "liberating" a box of pens from the office, we've all done things we can't be proud of or justify. The key to becoming a truly good person is in accpeting the bad parts of your own personality and admitting that you're not perfect, not in trying to act like a saint while the devil on your shoulder whispers in your ear. We all succumb to temptation sometimes. But in the next scenario you might just get caught...

1. On a stroll through the countryside, you come across a field of delicious-looking strawberries. Your stomach starts to rumble, and there's no one else around. Only a fence stands between you and a free lunch. How high is that fence?

Example: the fact that I saw the strawberries means the fence won’t obstruct my view. Maybe as tall as my neck.

2. You sneak into the garden and begin to help yourself to the fruit. How many berries did you eat? Kid: I love strawberries so I’d probably eat all I can, maybe a basket of berries?

Example: I love strawberries so I’d probably eat all I can, maybe a basket of berries?

3. Suddenly the farmer whose berries you're stealing appears out of nowhere and starts yelling at you. What do you say in your own defense?

Example: I’m sorry sir, I was just really hungry. I’ll just pay for the berries I ate.

4. After all is said and done, how did the berries taste? And looking back, how did you feel after your berry-stealing adventure was over?

Example: If I never paid for it, I’d feel guilty. But If I did, then I’d be satisfied.

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i said:
    1) the fence was about waist-high and easy to climb over
    2) i'd eat as many as i could before i got full
    3) run for it!!! or play dumb and say that i thought they were wild or something.
    4) happy about it if there weren't any consequences

but i'm not a cheater

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

waist high but i can see through it
    i wouldn't eat any but since it says i did i'll just say a couple
    ahhhh!! i'm sorry!!! runs away
    embarrassed...can't believe i ate someones berries

edit: ha just read the spoiler thing

my fence was waist high but totally see through...wth does that mean!!??
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well apparently I'm a sex maniac.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    waist high but i can see through it
    i wouldn't eat any but since it says i did i'll just say a couple
    ahhhh!! i'm sorry!!! runs away
    embarrassed...can't believe i ate someones berries

edit: ha just read the spoiler thing

my fence was waist high but totally see through...wth does that mean!!??
    Why don't you step over to this table over here and have a seat so we can discuss it over a glass of wine?

^Yeah... god damn that is a hard habit to give up lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't get it. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

1. fence: haha, what fence? it's there but surprisingly low. must be for animals who don't know how to jump...i am able to press it down with one foot.

2. berries: these look good. i'm dying to roll around in the field and spread out a blanket and put a massive pile of berries on it and eat until i have juice running down my face. that's, like, a fantasy: encountering a field of berries. i stare at them and have a dialogue with myself (why can't i try one? where is the sign? of course there's no sign! it's a private field! well why isn't there a farmer's market nearby! this is one long fucking fence and look at the day! will the owner truly mind??) i think of Persephone. i decide to go for one: the juiciest, ripest-looking reddest berry i can find, hoping it's representative of the entire field. i zero in on the one, blow the dirt off it and pop that fucker right in my mouth.

3. farmer appears: GODDAMMIT I KNEW IT! FUCK!!!! FUCK!!!!! :horor: he looks just like the farmer in Peter Rabbit, with a hoe and everything! i say, "i'm very sorry. they looked delicious and i was hungry. may i pay you?" (yes i'm having a heart attack and YES he was quite right to be pissed but i hope he doesn't go on and on. i'm polite about this. i was curious, got caught and am prepared to pay, after all! sigh.)

4. post-mortem: the memory was intact (it satisfied my curiosity but the willingness to do that again will always be tied to a tongue lashing. and a FARMER'S salt-of-the-earth tongue lashing!) no thank you.

ETA: haha! good one! i've never cheated, but admit i was tempted once. and that berry looked good.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

somehow i just dont see these kokology things applying to me very well :/

the idea behind this thing sounds good, but in reality, it seems like it doesent apply to everyone equally strong, and because of that, its quite unreliable measure of personality.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Well actually you did help yourself –to somebody else’s berries.

How does it sound that my answer to the first question was "One or two or three of the biggest, reddest, juiciest berries"?

Definitely entertaining but doesn't seem like it holds much weight... because stealing is pretty different than cheating, conceptually. I get the "breaking moral rules" idea behind it but that kind of assumes that you put the same weight on stealing and cheating. Relationships I feel like are a pretty clear contract between two people - whereas I see resource distribution as a clusterfuck to begin with, so I don't really feel as bad about stealing, honestly!

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Definitely entertaining but doesn't seem like it holds much weight... because stealing is pretty different than cheating, conceptually. I get the "breaking moral rules" idea behind it but that kind of assumes that you put the same weight on stealing and cheating. Relationships I feel like are a pretty clear contract between two people - whereas I see resource distribution as a clusterfuck to begin with, so I don't really feel as bad about stealing, honestly!
    Well said, and agreed.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!