User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Intuitives: Do you hate searching for things in your outer surroundings?

I have almost no awareness of my outer surroundings at all. One pet peeve of mine is to lose an object and then have to search for it. I really have to make a strong conscious effort to be very aware of my surroundings in these types of situations, so I hate it. Do any of the other N's on the forum feel this way?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I am IxTP, so I could be N or S, but being on the border makes it so I can think about things and observe my surroundings simultaneously, and it is often from my environment that I get my ideas by imitating and perveiving nature in all its glory, and then I create the star of my birth in my mind, and then its light shines and manifests back into the external world.

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

I'm actually relatively aware of my surroundings, but I have almost no awareness of my body. I exist almost purely in my awareness, intuition, and thoughts. By no means am I a dualist, though!

ETA: To me, this sounds like it could be the difference between Ne and Ni. One goes out to generate ideas and the other one looks inside.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

I don't hate, but I avoid. I'll only do it if I have to find something. I hate to keep waiting for some particular change in the place, because I can't remain focused in my sorroundings too long.

ESFPs and ESTPs often amazes me, noticing stuff (in videos, cartoons, tv shows, or even sorrounding objects) that in my opinion passes so fast that I'd never see it without their notification. Even other Se users, such as ISFP or ISTP make me impressed, and wondering if I'm the unfocused, or they are overly attentive.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I actually love searching for things, and apparently I'm pretty good at it. My awareness of my surroundings varies though, when deep in thought I can easily miss something like someone entering a room, or other obvious event. But when I'm actively searching for something I actually enjoy myself, it's like a treasure hunt or something. Though sometimes I admit I fall prey to the "miss something right in front of you" habit associated with Ns...

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raine_lynn View Post
    I'm actually relatively aware of my surroundings, but I have almost no awareness of my body. I exist almost purely in my awareness, intuition, and thoughts.
    This is one of my problems. I seem to do a lot of interaction with my environment unconsciously. In particular, I put things down somewhere strange and I don't register it; then I have to search all over the house for it. However, the main reason I find it annoying is because it happens so often. It's also rather embarrassing when you spent ages looking for something in a shop and then finally ask the assistant where it is, only to discover it's right in front of your eyes.

I do have to consciously over-compensate for my sensotard vision. Like when I'm driving, I will look twice as much at an intersection because I'm terrified that I will miss something. I fear that I will eventually come to a sticky end because of it.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    This is one of my problems. I seem to do a lot of interaction with my environment unconsciously. In particular, I put things down somewhere strange and I don't register it; then I have to search all over the house for it. However, the main reason I find it annoying is because it happens so often. It's also rather embarrassing when you spent ages looking for something in a shop and then finally ask the assistant where it is, only to discover it's right in front of your eyes.
    This happens to me all the time. Literally.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

We can sit in our jumpers and enjoy our thoughts.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think this is Ne. In your case it would be Ne rejecting Si. My ESFJ friend has a problem with misplaced things or moving things around, and she's constantly engaged in her physical environment, she's a big ol E3 "doer" but she still has enough tertiary Ne that she can get things scattered while she's consistently engaged with organizing other people, talking, and arranging the spice rack. Her bf I think is an Si dom so he has more Si and less Ne (pretty sure he's an ISFJ he plays the martyr to her drama and chaos) and he generally knows exactly where she puts everything.

Se types can also misplaced things or not notice because they are engaged in something else. I mean an Se dom can put on make up while driving a car and have a wreck because even though Se is more physical it really can't do everything at once, so if Im preoccupied with putting away groceries and making my food and eating, I may not notice that you velcroed dry erase markers to the wall.

On the other hand if Im not thus distracted I always notice things like if the fence is suddenly missing, there's a random purse hanging in my room that I didn't put there or you got a hair cut.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    This is why I hate shopping. I don't lose too many things, though, because I am consistent about putting things back in the same place when they are done, or in some logical place calculated to minimize this possibility. For instance, I put everything I need to take with me in the morning on the kitchen table so I see it at breakfast, and won't forget anything.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...