User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram

If you forget where you put something go on beginning when you entered home and remember what you have done remote in backward it helps me, but most of time I am trying to leave object on it place.

And about searching for stuff outside of home, I can walk around whole town (here people drive but walking is more usual then for example in USA since you can get most of need in radius from 1km to 8 km I usually walk 3,5 km daily and when something is so far away I go by public transportation- I have month ticket) to find better price of product it is like hunt :-)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I very rarely lose anything, I usually have a clear idea of where exactly all my things are.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

It's very hard for me to find stuff. Sometimes I'm looking for something that's in front of me or in my hands, and I don't notice it's there.

My mom and best friend usually mock me about it (both ISFPs). My mom has a apparently messy house, but she knows where is everything she has.
    My ENTJ dad has a hard time looking for stuff too (he's mocked about that too), and he's always finding "better ways" to organize everything in our house, so he keeps changing where he puts stuff without telling me. So it's even harder for me to find stuff around here - that adding to my usual lack of awareness of my surroundings.

Frequently people want to comment with me about something that happened next to us, and I'm: "What? What happened? Where? When? What...?"
    I can usually pull it off if I really try hard, but occasionally it will be something really stupid. For example, I will be tearing the house apart looking for my phone, and then I will ask my ISFJ father to help me search for it. Then, he'll be like, "You fool, you're talking on your phone right now! That's where you're phone is."

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I once used the bathroom in a Minnesota bar. Beside the toilet, there was a gigantic glowing red jukebox with flashing lights. I used the bathroom, walked past the jukebox, washed my hands and left. Later, at the table, someone made a remark about the enormous bathroom jukebox. And I replied, "What jukebox?"
    Last edited by Rajah; 06-09-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Toiler?

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    I once used the bathroom in a Minnesota bar. Beside the toiler, there was a gigantic glowing red jukebox with flashing lights. I used the bathroom, walked past the jukebox, washed my hands and left. Later, at the table, someone made a remark about the enormous bathroom jukebox. And I replied, "What jukebox?"
    That kind of stuff happens to me all the time.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Oh dear, dont get me started on this topic, like the time my dad left his glasses on someone elses head.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Enneagram

I'll be walking down the street and telling myself: don't lose this, don't lose this, stay focused, don't lose this, it's important, then something distracts me and I end up following a chain of thoughts and imaginings, and by the time I "come to" I find the object missing. I feel like a sleepy police officer on a night shift, trying really hard not to fall asleep, and then waking up 8 hours later in front of a burning bank.

I can usually deal with it, but I feel bad when it affects my loved ones

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I used to lose stuff all the time. I don't lose stuff as often anymore because I've learned to develop systems that work for myse.f

I still have my absent minded moments though, when I'm looking for something only to find that it's right in front of me or that I'm carrying the item.

I go between the extremes of not noticing obvious stuff in front of me and noticing little miniscule details no one else cares about. I tend to pay selective attention to my surroundings. If something in my surroundings doesn't pertain to me in some way, it's as if the object doesn't exist. I've worked hard on becoming more attuned to my physical surroundings and where objects around me are located.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I can't find anything. I'll look and look and get all mad. Then I give up and ask my wife and she comes over and picks up the object in question immediately.

It was the same thing when I was a kid, only thing different is who I would ask.

I can't even get a handle on it by concentrating and taking my time. That's the frustrating thing. Basically the only way to guarantee that I will find a specific item (say like in a cabinet or something) is for me to actually pick up and hold every item in the cabinet until I find the one I want. And even then it doesn't always work.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Yes, I hate it and I put it off. It's annoying to have to do. I have a phone charger cord that's been missing for quite some time, and should be trying to find it, but I just can't be bothered.

I don't have a major problem with losing stuff in the first place though.