User Tag List

First 12345 Last

defying your expectations SoraMayhem's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    The absolute worst for me is when I absent-mindedly set something down that's in-between places so that I don't keep walking around with it. Example: If I'm going running, I'll set my water bottle on a shelf/ledge or table, keep walking to let the dog outside, come back to go running, and forget where I'd just set my bottle. It'll sidetrack me for a minute or two, but that's with something I knew I'd JUST had. I could potentially lose something for days if I'm not paying attention. (I remember one time it took me a half-hour to find the remote control since I'd left it in the kitchen when I made lunch. I mean, wtf, why did I bring the remote into the kitchen?)
    QFT because this happens way more than I would like.
    4w5-1w2-5w4 -- RLUAI -- Chaotic Good/Neutral

Johari -- Nohari

Ask me about my crippling social dysfunction!

violaine

I hate having to direct others to locate things I've placed somewhere. I always know where something is but sometimes it can be a tad embarrassing to hear the words fall from my mouth - "You know that white bag that I keep near my shoes? Well, it's in the third compartment of the backpack inside that".

This only really applies to as yet unfiled receipts. God, how I hate that kind of paper. My make-up drawer is a thing of beauty and I love organizing my clothing. But how to be taken seriously by the super-anal when you file your tax paraphernalia like dead bodies that you want to disappear?

I hate giving directions and I am horrible at it. Does that count?

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    I hate giving directions and I am horrible at it. Does that count?
    Ooh yes. +1.

----

Also, notorious for asking how long a certain restaurant I've just noticed has been around and being told "forever". Lol.

I try to walk around and notice things now. But it's so hard to keep my mind from descending into it's own observations about the things I'm seeing and then becoming a bit of a ghost in a shell. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Also, notorious for asking how long a certain restaurant I've just noticed has been around and being told "forever". Lol.
    One of my favourite stories is still, that it took me 8 months to realise that there is a No Smoking sign above my flat's letter boxes (which I walked past every day and you know, took letters from).

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    One of my favourite stories is still, that it took me 8 months to realise that there is a No Smoking sign above my flat's letter boxes (which I walked past every day and you know, took letters from).
    Lol! It's just scary to realize that kind of stuff. (I have a similar story about an umbrella hook outside my apartment).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I don't notice my physical environment much either, but I've become wayyyyy better at keeping track of my things since I went off to college. I think having an ESFJ mom was helpful as a kid because she'd always know where my stuff was. Now I've learned to develop systems of where to keep my stuff, and just adhere to those systems, even if they're not totally logical. For example, I keep my credit card in my wallet, OR the side of my bra, OR the smallest pocket of my current bag. That gives me 3 options for where to put it but makes it really easy to find if I can't remember. Same with my cell - it's in the desk at work, in my bag, on me, or plugged in the wall in my room. Only 4 places to check.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

My hypothesis coming into this thread was that NPs would be worse about this, and thus complain more.

Thus far, I'd say it's shown itself to be true.

*cue people trying to ruin it now*

It's because of their lack of Se.

I actually enjoy scanning the physical environment.

I can be like any Ntard about it, cuz I'm usually suppressing Se.

But if I need to engage Se, I can do so just fine, and don't really have this problem.

I was actually playing with switching to Ne/Si cognition last night (it's tiring, and literally hurts my brain to do it).

It's a wholly different means of perceiving, and scanning an environment for something immediately there is not something it would be good at.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    My hypothesis coming into this thread was that NPs would be worse about this, and thus complain more.

Thus far, I'd say it's shown itself to be true.

*cue people trying to ruin it now*

It's because of their lack of Se.

I actually enjoy scanning the physical environment.

I can be like any Ntard about it, cuz I'm usually suppressing Se.

But if I need to engage Se, I can do so just fine, and don't really have this problem.

I was actually playing with switching to Ne/Si cognition last night (it's tiring, and literally hurts my brain to do it).

It's a wholly different means of perceiving, and scanning an environment for something immediately there is not something it would be good at.
    I agree that NPs would be the most absent-minded in theory - and I have plenty of real-life experiences with other NPs to back this up.

My only problem with this theory, is that I know how ridiculously oblivious my ISTP Dad can be about his environment - to the point where he will miss crazily obvious things that are right in front of his face. However, I think this might have more to do with his narrow field of concentration; he is so focused on the one task he is pursuing that he misses other things going on around him. Whereas with NPs, we are widely scanning our environment but missing the details.

I guess we need more Sensors to give their perspectives in order to clarify this.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I used to lose things all the time, and when i do lose them now i have a system of finding them, i used to get upset, VERY angry actually. I dont anymore though...unless it's money lol....but my isfp bf loses things because he is just too lazy to go through the thought process or too lazy to look for the object in general....so i am not sure if he is like most sensors...I have a friend that is an ISFJ and he is rediculously meticulous about having his keys, cell phone, and chapstick with him at all time...he is almost OCD about it...he is always afraid of locking his keys in his car.