User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Ohh..why do you say you're not good at reading yourself?
    I can't look inside myself. It's almost like I have to watch videos of myself or talk to others about what I am really like in order to know who I really am. It's pretty strange.

WALMART

I've never not known myself.

MBTI
    I???
    Enneagram
    huh sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I can't look inside myself. It's almost like I have to watch videos of myself or talk to others about what I am really like in order to know who I really am. It's pretty strange.
    Yeah, I'm the same. It's really hard for me to figure out what I want or how I feel about things. And when I told that to my Fi-dom sister she looked at me like I was an alien, haha.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm pretty damn good at reading other people but suck at reading myself. I've heard that this is an xNTP thing. Is this true?
    What do you mean by "reading yourself"? Do you mean you have trouble understanding yourself? Or, do you mean you have trouble perceiving what is happening internally? Or, do you mean you have trouble predicting your mental states?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyasthma View Post
    Yeah, I'm the same. It's really hard for me to figure out what I want or how I feel about things. And when I told that to my Fi-dom sister she looked at me like I was an alien, haha.
    I think sometimes feelings are difficult to perceive if you try to sweep them up in your butterfly nets and pin them down. For me, I have to go quiet and after a time feelings will pad in to see me like shy ghosts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Yeah, I can't relate. I definitely have an easier time understanding myself than understanding others (if that's what you mean by "reading"). The times I do have insight into others, it often comes from my own past insight into myself. I agree with @uumlau said though, that many people aren't very good at either.

Where I do have trouble with at times is predicting how I will feel in certain circumstances. I'm not convinced that's an NTP thing either though, since that's a pretty common human characteristic and living something can be very different from imagining it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyasthma View Post
    Well it's good to know that others relate.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    What do you mean by "reading yourself"? Do you mean you have trouble understanding yourself? Or, do you mean you have trouble perceiving what is happening internally? Or, do you mean you have trouble predicting your mental states?
    I mean like, it's hard for me to understand what I want in life, what beliefs I have, and who I really am inside.

MBTI
    INFJ

I mean like, it's hard for me to understand what I want in life, what beliefs I have, and who I really am inside.
    Why do you feel like you need to understand? Do you feel isolated?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    Why do you feel like you need to understand? Do you feel isolated?
    No, a lot of it has to do with moral values. It's like I have no clue what I believe. It's not like an Fi user who easily knows what they believe and easily make their own system you know? My morals change with whomever I am around. It is strange.

MBTI
    INFJ

No, a lot of it has to do with moral values. It's like I have no clue what I believe. It's not like an Fi user who easily knows what they believe and easily make their own system you know? My morals change with whomever I am around. It is strange.
    What happens when you spend long periods of time alone? Does that change anything? I think extraverts can drown out their own quiet internal voices by turning their attention to things outside themselves. Have you ever tried to reconnect to the person you were as a child? I find that if I can find a still moment I can reconnect with what I feel and if I can reconnect with what I feel I can reconnect with what I believe, which is often based on feeling. Are there situations where you are not easily influenced? I would be curious about that.