User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    its not Fi related
    agreed...i'm sure everyone just experiences it their own way.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

So, my take on it is that Fi users tend to be tuned into their own emotional state, and natural surroundings tend to have a calming, creativity-enhancing effect (as shown by various studies). So, my suspicion is that Fi users would tend to be more aware of the effect of a natural environment, but that the actual effect is likely to be similar across types.

And, of course, it's possible have many different kinds of emotional connections to nature, many of which would be likely to relate to other functions or types.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I always thought of that as more ixxp. Like Thoreau's walden
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

As primary Fi user, I would like to say I do have, but I don't know what you're all calling "connection with nature".

My connection is wi-fi. :P

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I don't know but it can be very inspiring and uplifting or calming and serene....It can evoke a million different moods or transport me into another time or place.

Atmosphere in general is of huge importance to me.
    sounds like it has to do with Fi to me
    PS: I'm the same way.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't feel any superior connection to it, compared to others. My mood is heavily influenced by atmosphere & aesthetics though. My response to nature tends to depend on how beautiful/inspiring/calming it is. I like it when its unobtrusive & in the background.

I don't like the nitty gritty aspects of the outdoors though. I'm not an outdoorsy, nature girl. Give me the city please (as I type this from a semi-rural bungalow off a dirt road, surrounded by barren hills & howling coyotes - KILL ME!).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

sure you don`t mean Se?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by yakimadude View Post
    sure you don`t mean Se?
    They seem to like nature as well I have noticed. So I'm pretty sure an ISFP would probably go ape shit about nature.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

maybe the feel a connection when the weather reflects the emotional state they are feeling. depressed mood and they go out and there is a dark gloomy sky with large ominous clouds hanging over head. everything is synching with fi
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    So, my take on it is that Fi users tend to be tuned into their own emotional state, and natural surroundings tend to have a calming, creativity-enhancing effect (as shown by various studies). So, my suspicion is that Fi users would tend to be more aware of the effect of a natural environment, but that the actual effect is likely to be similar across types.

And, of course, it's possible have many different kinds of emotional connections to nature, many of which would be likely to relate to other functions or types.
    ^ This. It's nature for some Fi users, and something else for others. You find your inspiration where you can. You find beauty where you can.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!