• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Voice your thought processes

G

garbage

Depends on the situation.

But mostly:
[internal buzzing]

Often interrupted by:
"What are you thinking?"

"Huh. .. I.. guess I don't know.."
--

I tune everything out, keep everything quiet, or, strangely enough, keep all channels going (e.g. visual stuff, air conditioner, and music) to help me focus. Focus on what? Who the hell knows!

Sometimes that internal buzzing is followed up by coming up with or refining some general principles, by connecting dots related to some thing that I'm seeing or hearing.
--

Another situation: I'm looking for the maintenance building. I look around at the different buildings and deduce that, "Hah! This must be the maintenance building, because it has a bunch of white worker-lookin' trucks in front of it," having missed the damn sign in front of the damn building that says "Maintenance Building."
:doh:
--

Also, lots of "why?" and "what does this mean?"

Oh, and lots and lots of paying attention to the hows and whys of what people do and say, on a level that they probably don't think that anyone is consciously looking at. Sometimes, I even communicate back consciously on that channel! Wow!

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm... If it involves money it goes something like this....

"Damn. Laptop died. I need a new one now." Hmm... can we afford a new one... How much of one can we afford? *crunches numbers* *checks out specs* *crunches some more numbers* Well, if I'm going to do it I better get one that's going to last... *looks at more laptops* *eyes bug out* *crunches more numbers* *consults husband*

Me: Hey babe, I want a new laptop, and I want this one.... It's going to cost a lot of money, but I've crunched the numbers and it's not going to impact our budget that much at all.
Husband: If it won't affect us, go ahead and order it.

*rushes off to order laptop*

I pretty much run through everything in my head over the course of an hour or up to a week before making a final decision. And I always consult my husband first to make sure that there is no arguments later... And because, well, my husband can be a little more level headed than me at times....

If it involves time management it goes something like this....

*brrrrrt, brrrrt, brrrrt* Ugh, 5 AM already? I really don't want to get up now... *shuts alarm off* Hmm... If I throw some clothes in the dryer for 20 minutes that'll take out the wrinkles...and I can sleep for another 20 minutes. *sets alarm for 20 minutes later* *throws clothes in dryer* *returns to bed* 10 more minutes to make 30 extra minutes of sleep isn't going to make me late. *changes alarm again* *brrrt, brrrt, brrrt* *grumbles* Guess I'll just eat breakfast at work to save time. *grabs granola bar* *rushes out door* *arrives to work 5 minutes early* :D

I seem to look at time management as how much longer can I put off leaving or doing something before it will make me late. Surprisingly, my husband is no better at time management than I am, he's actually a little worse. :shock:

Every thing else... I'm really a spontaneous, fly by the seat of my pants decision maker. If it's something I don't deem as super important then I won't spend a lot of time making a decision...now if only my husband were the same way.... He can spend 15 minutes at the store trying to decide whether or not an extended warranty is worth it or not!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
it's either

if i do this than that will happen, but if i do that than this will likely happen

or

this looks like fun. weeeee

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
For the sake of brevity I'm going to assume the OP is asking about my thought process when I have something worth thinking about, not "what color socks am I going to wear today".

When it's something political that needs thinking about:

- I found out what the smartest most unbiased people I can find think about it.
- I consider what the facts on the ground are (ie I figure out whats going on in the real world right now concerning the issue to the best of my abilities)
- I consider whether there is a gap between what the smart folks are saying and what's actually going on
- ^ in lieu of this, I decide how I personally stand on an issue ( or occasionally, the subject concerned is too esoteric for me... sometimes happens with economics etc. and in that case I have to defer to the smartest person I can find)

That's pretty much it.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
For the sake of brevity I'm going to assume the OP is asking about my thought process when I have something worth thinking about, not "what color socks am I going to wear today".

When it's something political that needs thinking about:

- I found out what the smartest most unbiased people I can find think about it.
- I consider what the facts on the ground are (ie I figure out whats going on in the real world right now concerning the issue to the best of my abilities)
- I consider whether there is a gap between what the smart folks are saying and what's actually going on
- ^ in lieu of this, I decide how I personally stand on an issue ( or occasionally, the subject concerned is too esoteric for me... sometimes happens with economics etc. and in that case I have to defer to the smartest person I can find)

That's pretty much it.

Interesting. You are the first ENTJ to post. I was really hoping an ENTJ would post because their thought process interests me the most.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EJCC After Being Given A Task:

- Have I done this task before? Yes.
- Have I done the task enough times, and/or recently enough, to remember exactly how to do it? No.
- Is the task simple enough for me to be able to wing it based on what little I remember? No.
- Do I know someone who has done this task before -- or better yet, who is very good at the task -- who can give me advice? No.​
This is when I do my own independent research, to find the absolute best way to do the task.
- I scan as many sources as I can (or at least, I take as much time to scan sources as I feel is appropriate, or proportionate to the importance of the task);
- I evaluate them based on a particular set of factors (e.g. efficiency, familiarity, ease of implementation, common sense), and internally rank them (which is so quick and so easy that it's almost instinctive and I barely realize that I'm doing it);
- I narrow it down to my top three and then decide on my number one based on whichever factors I find the most important.​
Then... implementation!

Yay!
:yays:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Kinda hard to refine that to the most basic elements, but I'll try...

A wild PROBLEM has appeared!
Goddamit!
If I had [clause], this wouldnt have happened...
OK, what can I do to fix that?
*Thinks of possibilities*
*Weighs the risk of blind trial-and-error*
*If risk is too high, researches more or asks for advice*
*Solves problem (or tries to, anyway). Alternatively, mopes in silence.*

Well, when I don't forget the problem somehow, anyway. Or when I don't feel like my head is going to shut down.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being given the same task as her.

Wahhhhh I don't wanna do this. Soooo Boring. I could get the answer by doing this, this or this instead and it would be really cool if we did that because then we would know this too and that would be beneficial in this way for this and this and then sometime in the future when we wanted to go in this directin we would already know this.

I could start by doing this.... Then that....

Notices time

Shit okay... This needs to be done now
How do I do this again??
Oh right yes... I can do this... It's Boring as fu@k tho!!
Alright looking this up do do do do
And this it's not too bad I'll just turn up my music
Okay oh right and this part
Almost done with the boringness!
I'm going to have to go take a lunch
Maybe such m such can go with me
Okay whew this is done... That sucked.

When I get back I'm going to implement this other method that's way more effective and fun. :)

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
With Ne there is no thought process as much as a BAM snapshot of things. And it's not a literal sensory snapshot it's EVERYTHING and often mostly a gut 'feel' of things. Ne is like a giant radar taking everything in from a 360 degree angle and on a spectrum different from the visual one. That's basically why I love going to the club so much, with all the music on quality sound systems and the flashing lights in a dark room and all the people etc it's like sensory deprivation and overload at the same time. It's like floating corporeally in space with your mind.

That's also why if you don't have other things to reign in Ne, you're screwed.

When Ne takes a feeling and runs with it, you can also be screwd. Because it will magnify that idea or feeling 100X and then latch onto your imagination to start from point A of daydreaming/brainstorming/worst case scenario detailing/ and hop 100 spaces in your mind from "ooh I that person looked at me and they're cute to" 10 seconds later "and after 50 years of loving marriage and 4 grandchildren named after hero/ines from historical fiction, this is the place we will buried and our friends will say out our eulogies".

Ne is like a laser pointer that flits around the room and drives cats crazy.

Ummm...that's all I got for now.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i don't think i have a process.
i just make it up as i go along.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-ZwmCPBAs&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]thought process[/YOUTUBE]

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Qlip being given a boring task:

God damn you boring task. I can put you off, but you will just occupy and waste space in my mind and cast a shadow in my happy future. I will sit, drink this diet pop and then I will slay you, I will destroy you so you cannot bother me once again. I will raze you to the ground and then sow the ground with salt. I will then build a robot to slay you should you ever rise again. This isn't hyperbole, I will create something so that you can be automated without my interaction, damn it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You want thought processes? Here's some.. examples and process explanations

1)
Situatuion: I'm waking. Oh I'm not that thirsty. I definetly want some water later. Now I just want to lie down.
Process: I'm here. What is needed? (look at environment and yourself). Solve the puzzle per theory. Do what's needed. Observe. Repeat.

2)
Situatuion: I'm needed to deliver a plan for my client.
Process: I'm here. What is needed? (look at environment and yourself). Solve the puzzle per theory. Do what's needed. Observe. Repeat.