EJCC After Being Given A Task:
- Have I done this task before? Yes.This is when I do my own independent research, to find the absolute best way to do the task.
- Have I done the task enough times, and/or recently enough, to remember exactly how to do it? No.
- Is the task simple enough for me to be able to wing it based on what little I remember? No.
- Do I know someone who has done this task before -- or better yet, who is very good at the task -- who can give me advice? No.
- I scan as many sources as I can (or at least, I take as much time to scan sources as I feel is appropriate, or proportionate to the importance of the task);Then... implementation!
- I evaluate them based on a particular set of factors (e.g. efficiency, familiarity, ease of implementation, common sense), and internally rank them (which is so quick and so easy that it's almost instinctive and I barely realize that I'm doing it);
- I narrow it down to my top three and then decide on my number one based on whichever factors I find the most important.