User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Basically I read or observe something (i.e., data collection). as I'm collecting data, my mind is noting what seems to be out of place with it, from (1) a perspective I think is logical and (2) from the model that the writer/communicator is using, a model I am replicating from their data as I proceed.

Everything gets tagged and noted. The processes are occurring simultaneously. meanwhile, another task is added to list -- my running assessment of potential issues with what is being contributed, what's wrong with it, and how it could be changed to potentially be correct.

Another task that is running is "Did I read this correctly?" where I'm trying alternate interpretations of the data I'm collecting to see if something there is coherent or whether those alternate interpretations also are faulty. (i.e., a checksum mechanism.)

Detail that I can't find a connection for in any of these processes is tossed as irrelevant, meaning i can then focus on the more relevant information. While this can occasionally lead to overlooking something, the payoff is that I can process much faster by "fuzzy logicking" with just the stuff that is relevant.

Again, it's all happening at once, I don't do it linearly, I'm multitasking from one task to the next and back through, and balancing it all in my head. What it takes in sheer processing power it provides in terms of large-scale coherence of the ideas being presented and what their flaws/strengths are in the big picture.

Which basically means I do really well with assimilating the gist of whatever I'm examining, understanding the framework being presented, and I do it fast. However, I can lose track of details (since I'm just focused on the concept the details represent and tend to just store the concepts long-term).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I believe this is my weak Si.. I'm trying to confirm it:

[Wandering around a neighborhood.]
    "Wow, I have no idea where the hell I am. None of this looks familiar. I better turn back. Wait, where did I come from? Okay, I've done this before.. I'll just chill and use the force."
    [Follows weak impulses and strange vibrations]
    "There is no way that should have logically worked, but I found my way back, as always."

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I often start with a "why?" (if someone else has initiated) or a "ooo that's interesting" if i am initiating. I will then go on to researching, sometimes to back up an abstract idea that i have not fully formed and sometimes because i want to know everything about it and how it relates to everything else.
    The problem with this is i often do not have a real working objective or summary... just things leading to other things. Though i also have a tendancy to stop (once i feel i have gathered enough info) or i just move on to other interesting ideas/things organically.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I often start with a "why?" (if someone else has initiated) or a "ooo that's interesting" if i am initiating. I will then go on to researching, sometimes to back up an abstract idea that i have not fully formed and sometimes because i want to know everything about it and how it relates to everything else.
    The problem with this is i often do not have a real working objective or summary... just things leading to other things. Though i also have a tendancy to stop (once i feel i have gathered enough info) or i just move on to other interesting ideas/things organically.
    Ive always imagined your mind to be like this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4&ob=av3n

And then you fly in on a magic....erm diamond!!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Ive always imagined your mind to be like this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfmrHTdXgK4&ob=av3n

And then you fly in on a magic....erm diamond!!
    Hahahaha... oh that's just brilliant. I'll take that as a compliment, run with it and ultimately... save the universe!
    Aw thanks.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I first focus on the consistency of the basic idea. Then I nitpick and play devil's advocate against the very idea that I've already agreed with. Then I run unlikely simulations in my mind to see if I can find exceptions to the rule. Then I deconstruct things to bits in order to understand each variable at play. Then I go back and make the model more simple and manageable.
    Then I'm unstoppable.
    lol, I do the simulations too. Is this Ne or Ti that does the simulations?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    lol, I do the simulations too. Is this Ne or Ti that does the simulations?
    Ne plays a big role on the ''what if'' part.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ne plays a big role on the ''what if'' part.
    Where does Ti come into play?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Where does Ti come into play?
    Mostly:
    I first focus on the consistency of the basic idea. Then I nitpick and play devil's advocate against the very idea that I've already agreed with. Then I run unlikely simulations in my mind to see if I can find exceptions to the rule. Then I deconstruct things to bits in order to understand each variable at play. Then I go back and make the model more simple and manageable.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Mostly:
    Oh ok. That makes sense. Now I have to go into deep philosophical thought to think about whether I do that or not.