• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ns are smarter than Ss?!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah, I was wrong. So what? I didn't try to 'wiggle out' of anything since I already quoted myself and retracted a statement I made. Not sure where you're getting this impression that I am too disagreeable to reason with. :huh: Since when do you, as an ENTP, get annoyed by someone that is skeptical?

You can't seriously sit here and tell me that the OP's link was any kind of credible data. Apparently you pride yourself as highly intelligent so tap into that and understand why it's reasonable to be skeptical of the "data" that was initially provided.

My understanding was you were using that data to make all these claims that Ns are smarter than Ss which was the real focus of my skepticism. Winning arguments for the sake of pride really doesn't matter to me(that's ENTJ land) rather I'm a natural skeptic and challenge peoples' assertions to see if the thinking is sound and the evidence adds up.
[MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] understood my argument and provided exactly what I was looking for (you didn't though). Now stop jerking him off because he did the work and found something credible and you didn't.

It was a really simple situation. I was stating a factual claim. It doesn't matter what the claim is. You then made false claims and tried to pass it on as justified.
I didn't let you get away with it. And as I said, you wouldn't be able to help resorting to some sort of ad hominem at some point. You're not the victim, etc. this is not some ideological battle. You just claimed illogical things a few times, and every time I corrected you. I wasn't harrassing you. I was ANSWERING your posts. Posts for Posts. That is all.

I couldn't care less what the theme was. And assuming some kind of 'agenda' from my side is, I think, silly.

Imagine someone misspells a word, and you correct them as to be helpful. Would you say that person has an agenda or just good grammar?

exactly.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It was a really simple situation. I was stating a factual claim.

What were you stating as a factual claim? That self-assessment can be counted as data? Ok, I never disagreed with that. Please point out where I did. The OP's link provided a list of famous people that were not self-assessed and thus it cannot qualify as credible data by definition.

It doesn't matter what the claim is. You then made false claims and tried to pass it on as justified.

What claims were those? I pointed out MBTI is a sketchy metric. Ok, if you disagree then provide studies showing that it's highly reliable. The issue you addressed is whether or not MBTI can be considered corollary data to IQ. You specifically stated that it qualifies as subjective self-assessed data (which I never disagreed with) but the OP's link was not subjective self-assessed data and thus the link, by definition, doesn't qualify as data. [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION]'s link, however, does but HE provided that, not you. Are you actually trying to take credit for someone else's response? I don't get it.

And as I said, you wouldn't be able to help resorting to some sort of ad hominem at some point.

What ad-hominem. Show me where I resorted to ad-hom attacks?

You're not the victim, etc. this is not some ideological battle.

Victim? Ideological? What?

You just claimed illogical things a few times, and every time I corrected you. I wasn't harrassing you. I was ANSWERING your posts. Posts for Posts. That is all.

What did I actually say that was illogical? So I was skeptical as MBTI as a personality metric and, more importantly, I was skeptical of the link the OP provided (I'm surprised you weren't actually). How exactly does that make what I said illogical?

I couldn't care less what the theme was. And assuming some kind of 'agenda' from my side is, I think, silly.

I never disagreed with you that subjective self-assessment can be used as a data point. I criticized the OP's link for not meeting that criteria. When did I accuse you of an 'agenda?'

Starry

Hey Starry. :bye:
What seems to be the trouble?

haha

You know, I swear I've read somewhere along the way that there's a correlation between high iq and psychosis. What, if anything, does this say with regards to the subject at hand in your opinion?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
haha

You know, I swear I've read somewhere along the way that there's a correlation between high iq and psychosis. What, if anything, does this say with regards to the subject at hand in your opinion?

Well. there's more chance to be bipolar. High IQ is also both associated with increased happiness (and in some cases increased depression) - not sure which one wins out if you average it over the whole population

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We've heard this before, intelligence is relative.

I think S types have an advantage when it comes to fluidity of dealing with the environment and that as an adult with responsibilities is somethings that is way more useful than pondering on thoughts you've had for hours and hours in your head.

Most T types have trust issues.

Most N types just delve into fantasy to rationalize trauma.

Most E types secretly feel that they must build connection with others because if they don't others won't. They wonder subconsciously what this says about them.

Most J types feel like they missed out on fun when they were younger.

Most I types feel like they're not important enoughto be noticed.

Most P types regret not being diligent enough in the past.

Most F types feel emotionally crazy.

So?

Whoahhh...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I can't get my hand on a good study now. I'm supposed to work. But I've read several papers suggesting that the 'diminishing returns' story is an exageration. There is a clear correlation with average iq and income. Though it's of course only a correlation. Billionaires are smarter than millionaires are smarter than ... etc. This correlation is present even in the extremely high iq range (again, I'll have to find the study later but I saw numbers for the 140-180+ iq ranges.

Reality does it again (at least if you find that study).

Facts or at least close to facts, don't give a shiznut what you feel about something. Even so; rich to intelligence is a correlation I hate.

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/05/16/billionaires-are-smarter-study-says.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/files/attachments/56143/wai-the-global-elite-in-press.pdf

Although the study I found is really about education. Which poses questions about inherent intelligence vs learned intelligence, although I don't mean to dichotomise as they aren't exclusive. Then of course genetics and epigenetics, money > access to better > healthier > passed on.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most T types have trust issues.

Most N types just delve into fantasy to rationalize trauma.

Most E types secretly feel that they must build connection with others because if they don't others won't. They wonder subconsciously what this says about them.

Most J types feel like they missed out on fun when they were younger.

Most I types feel like they're not important enoughto be noticed.

Most P types regret not being diligent enough in the past.

Most F types feel emotionally crazy.

So?

I don't care about my diligence in my past. I have a single regret and don't really know how I would fix it. Thats really minimal for what you say. I would more say EP would fit this more and IP not as much.

F types are not crazy...just more emotional.

You should step back and fix your generalizatons. The seem like they have to much personal opinion projected onto the type.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I don't care about my diligence in my past. I have a single regret and don't really know how I would fix it. Thats really minimal for what you say. I would more say EP would fit this more and IP not as much.

F types are not crazy...just more emotional.

You should step back and fix your generalizatons. The seem like they have to much personal opinion projected onto the type.

Bingo.

If you want to talk about type-specific issues, look at the inferior function, e.g. issues with bureaucracy, organization, feelings of being incompetent or unable to manage people, often attributed to inferior Te.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bingo.

If you want to talk about type-specific issues, look at the inferior function, e.g. issues with bureaucracy, organization, feelings of being incompetent or unable to manage people, often attributed to inferior Te.

Lol, the stuff I don't really care much about. Thank God for EJs

Lsjnzy13

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
IDK
[I am tired of intuitives lording their higher positions in the social intellectual heirarchy and their supreme minds over us sensors![/SIZE][/COLOR]

For your information, most intuitives do not think they're more superior than sensors. And reading the replies it seems that many sensors believe that they are in fact way more superior than Ns. It's completely unnecessary to blame all Ns for something one person did. How would you like it if I said all Sensors cannot understand metaphoric language just because one can't?

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
http://www.slayerment.com/blog/ns-are-smarter-ss-mbti According to the above website, intuitive people are more intelligent than sensing people (like myself.) I also just got told by [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] that I am a sensing ass because I took something he said literally. I am tired of intuitives lording their higher positions in the social intellectual heirarchy and their supreme minds over us sensors!
I don't know. I think there is possibly a correlation between N and intelligence.
Personally I think being N is about more abstract thinking, being able to read between the lines and noticing double or hidden meanings. We are good at jumping back from a situation and seeing the bigger picture. Being completely honest this does make me feel a little smug around S people when they don't understand a joke because it has a double meaning or the comedian seemed to 'jump' from one topic to another - an S thinks the two topics are completely unrelated while Ns understand the joke because they can immediately see all the steps between those two topics linking them instantly and effortlessly. I find the jokes the Ss laugh at quite obvious. They are still funny but I notice there is never any double meaning or sophistication really (no offence). I don't know if that makes us smarter? I guess it's just something we are good at while Ss are much better at detail orientated, grounded activities that require people who are very good at observing the physical environment. I think Ss could make good lawyers and politicians. They are typically good at maths/science and can be good at English too as they use their noticing details trait to notice techniques going on in the book but an N would be better at understanding an overall theme or generating creative ideas when writing a novel.
I think Ns can come across as smarter because they are interested in big ideas and the future. They often have creative and inspiring vision which can make them good leaders. They can be interested in lots of topics and deep ideas and like to be philosophical while Ss seem to focus very much on the present. So much so that any talk of big ideas of how society works, the future etc. they would just see as irrelevant. They often enjoy gossip and talk of things going on in their family/town etc. This is fine but a lack of interest or understanding of the importance of bigger ideas can make you seem stupid. Obvs this is not true of all Ss. But awkwardly most of the ones I've met...
In my friendship group we are two INFPs, an ENFJ, INFJ and an ISFJ and the ISFJ I must admit I don't think is very smart. We were talking about this TV show we were watching where they treat the women awfully and she and I were discussing a relationship on the show which she liked but as soon as I got a little more abstract thinking about why the women are treated like crap and the influence on the viewers and how it is a reflection of society as a whole she looked completely bored. No offence but a lot of Ss I've met are like this. While an N is always up to delve into a deep topic, Ss seem to view them as pointless? As though they are too stupid to see the importance of such conversations, of these big ideas and how any change starts with two people talking and changing mindsets? They just want to talk about mundane things. Even their dreams are often dull and reflect their everyday environment. Like they can't possibly imagine a reality or future any different from the one we are in now? How can you not have any vision?

that said I know some very stupid Ns and some very smart Ss.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
While an N is always up to delve into a deep topic, Ss seem to view them as pointless? As though they are too stupid to see the importance of such conversations, of these big ideas and how any change starts with two people talking and changing mindsets? They just want to talk about mundane things. Even their dreams are often dull and reflect their everyday environment. Like they can't possibly imagine a reality or future any different from the one we are in now? How can you not have any vision?

...............Wooooow.

...Or maybe sometimes people just don't care about special snowflake topics? Pretty sure they'd get typed as S just for that even if they were N.

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
...............Wooooow. ...Or maybe sometimes people just don't care about special snowflake topics? Pretty sure they'd get typed as S just for that even if they were N.
What do you mean 'special snowflake topics'?

Last edited by a moderator:

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think you're going to be here long if you keep posting that stupid shit.
Unless you are going to come up with any actual arguments to support the idea that the ability to think abstractly, have vision and understand several layers of meaning in a phrase or joke, are not indicators of intelligence, I will ignore you.

Jaguar

Unless you are going to come up with any actual arguments to support the idea that the ability to think abstractly, have vision and understand several layers of meaning in a phrase or joke, are not indicators of intelligence, I will ignore you.

My post stands.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol well if rosiejones doesn't respect me, then ill just be in my way. It's so funny how people still believe this kind of stuff.