• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ns are smarter than Ss?!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hate N types and their stupid sense of elitist intellectualism! The sensors will one day rise to oppose them all as they will emerge all the more powerfully and triumphantly from the suppression.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well, just speaking for myself...I can definitely say that I'm a lot stupider than the people here. Apparently many of you have PhD's too! I tend to feel smarter than the general public, though.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends about what you're definition of intelligence is; 'street smart' versus 'book smart' is one thing--real intelligence is another. I'll give one definition I found on wikipedia as it generally describes 'intelligence' as it's commonly understood:
A very general mental capability that, among other things, involves the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend complex ideas, learn quickly and learn from experience. It is not merely book learning, a narrow academic skill, or test-taking smarts. Rather, it reflects a broader and deeper capability for comprehending our surroundings—"catching on," "making sense" of things, or "figuring out" what to do.

I believe it sounds more N-like than S-like.

Or, for an example, compare my brother--ESTJ--and I--certainly an N type, not sure what type, but INTP seems the most sensible at the moment. When he does math, it takes him a while before he understands, or he practices one concept over and over until it's ingrained in his head. For me, everything just connects--maybe not at first, but, surely, soon enough, it snaps and I don't need practice. My N function is a lot more favourable to me than other schoolmates of mine: they will study for hours on end for a test, while I won't even bother to open the book as the theory already makes sense to me, and my mark is higher than that of the majority.

In conclusion, while an xNxx is not more intelligent than an xSxx, the N function certainly helps a lot more at making connections and making learning and understanding easier.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a large thread and my apologies for not having read through it. I do however say two things to the original poster - and I cannot stress these enough

• N types are more intellectual than S types
  • Intellect and intelligence *** are not the same thing ***

Intellect is about understanding complex concepts. S types couldn't be less interested in such things. Intelligence is about surviving in this world of ours. I suspect S types trump N types here.

An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.

This quote seemed apt

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone said something stupid on the internet? I'm shocked! :shocking:

You're just jealous of my mad logistics skillz. ;)

Only geniuses are capable of operating complex cumputerized machinery of epic sophistication and intricacy, so of course only the most intelligent people in the world will be here!

DUUUUURRRR LOLOLOL I IS GOING TO POST A COMMENT ON YOUTUBE,

If people came from monkeys, then why didn't all the monkeys become people!? I gotcha you evolutionist!

Screw the Internet!

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
This is a large thread and my apologies for not having read through it. I do however say two things to the original poster - and I cannot stress these enough

• N types are more intellectual than S types
  • Intellect and intelligence *** are not the same thing ***

Intellect is about understanding complex concepts. S types couldn't be less interested in such things. Intelligence is about surviving in this world of ours. I suspect S types trump N types here.

Where did you get your definitions from?:huh:

Standuble

I wouldn't think very much of the guy who wrote the initial article. I have read that he is an INFJ and yet despite this believes feelers think using emotions!

I do enjoy N vs S arguments because it gives us the opportunity to be the villain. Plus I have found most sensors are like sitting ducks as their general lesser proficiency for analogies or metaphors leaves them completely open to mockery which they are unfortunately completely unaware of. It is always funny to insult in this way.

As for me, I can't help but look down on sensors who fail to see the connections and grasp the bigger picture. For one the universe is one huge gigantic interconnected system and IMO control of the human populace should be in the hands of those who have a pre-disposition towards seeing how it connects. How many mistakes throughout history have been made by sensors who thought they knew best?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I wouldn't think very much of the guy who wrote the initial article. I have read that he is an INFJ and yet despite this believes feelers think using emotions!

I do enjoy N vs S arguments because it gives us the opportunity to be the villain. Plus I have found most sensors are like sitting ducks as their general lesser proficiency for analogies or metaphors leaves them completely open to mockery which they are unfortunately completely unaware of. It is always funny to insult in this way.

As for me, I can't help but look down on sensors who fail to see the connections and grasp the bigger picture. For one the universe is one huge gigantic interconnected system and IMO control of the human populace should be in the hands of those who have a pre-disposition towards seeing how it connects. How many mistakes throughout history have been made by sensors who thought they knew best?

I am a sensor, so I can't be sure you aren't joking, but... I find it strangely anti-type to see such a sense of superiority and have it so densely packed in so few words.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

But this is where the problem lies in the usage of MBTI. However I am not saying you are incorrect because this is your perception and it would not be fair of me to state that mine is somehow more accurate.

But there is a danger in the assumptions that can arise through certain biases. For example what is 'the big picture'? For each individual it can be defined differently. For many it may indeed be the consideration of the known universe('s), but while this encompasses a whole slew of entertaining thoughts on the nature of existance and purpose most will never put that to some use.

Not to say that if something is not of use that it should not be mused over and enjoyed, but many will consider such things, then put them aside for immediate big picture ideas. Like continents and countries. Then down to cities and towns and streets.....and families.

And companies and shops and...many many other things. When people disagree for example each can be missing the other's picture and both may consider the other to be the one missing the big picture.

Im not even sure what the term means anymore, especially in terms of MBTI.

W

WALMART

Try it. I've been wanting to test out my sense-fueled guerrilla tactics :ninja:

Standuble

I am a sensor, so I can't be sure you aren't joking, but... I find it strangely anti-type to see such a sense of superiority and have it so densely packed in so few words.

Ahh, a sensor counter attack! Three against one eh? First off, I was being deadly serious.

The first part wasn't so much made in superiority, it was merely an observation. I've met many a sensor in my time and the "I have no clue what you just said but I'm going to humor you anyway" look occurs many a time. It isn't my fault if it goes over your heads!

I was unsure of the meaning of the second part as I interpreted it different ways. Were you expecting me to draw it out into a long diatribe and was surprised that I managed to sum it up in two sentences? Or are you implying that the manner how it is laid out makes said claim inaccurate?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Ahh, a sensor counter attack! Three against one eh? First off, I was being deadly serious.

Oh. That's kind of sad.

The first part wasn't so much made in superiority, it was merely an observation. I've met many a sensor in my time and the "I have no clue what you just said but I'm going to humor you anyway" look occurs many a time. It isn't my fault if it goes over your heads!

Heh, observation. FWIW, you're getting the "I'm going to humor you anyway" right this moment.

I was unsure of the meaning of the second part as I interpreted it different ways. Were you expecting me to draw it out into a long diatribe and was surprised that I managed to sum it up in two sentences? Or are you implying that the manner how it is laid out makes said claim inaccurate?

I didn't expect anything from you and nothing you said was factual; it was only meta-observation of your post. By anti-type, I meant I don't normally see INFPs with an overt sense of superiority.

Standuble

Oh. That's kind of sad.

That is a shame.

Heh, observation. FWIW, you're getting the "I'm going to humor you anyway" right this moment.

Thank you for humoring me but I assure you there is no need. Feel free to call me out on what you perceive as bullshit as you please when you please.

I didn't expect anything from you and nothing you said was factual; it was only meta-observation of your post. By anti-type, I meant I don't normally see INFPs with an overt sense of superiority.

Any type can have a sense of superiority and my enneagram type are notorious for it. Anyway you perceived the original statement as a statement of superiority. Perhaps it was, perhaps not. Perhaps it was not a statement of type superiority but preference superiority. I could see my type as inferior to numerous other types who share the N preference. Perhaps it was mere an evaluation on perceived ways to increase effectiveness and minimise unseen repercussions when dealing with a system where preferences would allow a greater facility with, topped off with a bit of personal bias at the end just for the lulz. But then again, perhaps not.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Any type can have a sense of superiority and my enneagram type are notorious for it.

Every type can be anything, if only for sub-trait drift. I see it as rare because I see overt superiority as anti-correlated along three dimensions (I-,N=, F-, P-). Or, if not, a close approximation of them. Even N, outside of knowing you are an N, is likely anti-correlated. Openness (FFM) tends to be, anyway.

Thank you for humoring me but I assure you there is no need. Feel free to call me out on what you perceive as bullshit as you please when you please.

I don't see anything you said as bullshit; it's your opinion. Your subjective evaluation of what is important to you isn't in my realm to influence. More to the point, our overlap of concepts and ideals is small enough that we wouldn't reach a consensus inside that space.

Anyway you perceived the original statement as a statement of superiority. Perhaps it was, perhaps not. Perhaps it was not a statement of type superiority but preference superiority.

I expect that it's an either/or in any case; the goal being superiority of any kind. (Pedantic note: The set "superiority" would include both "type superiority" and "preference superiority". It's not the type or preference superiority that I find remarkable, I've seen a lot worse and even more ingrained beliefs than this!)

I could see my type as inferior to numerous other types who share the N preference. Perhaps it was mere an evaluation on perceived ways to increase effectiveness and minimise unseen repercussions when dealing with a system where preferences would allow a greater facility with, topped off with a bit of personal bias at the end just for the lulz. But then again, perhaps not.

You could or you do? You shouldn't, for your own benefit. The insecurity is no better (for you) than the superiority that is its counterpart (self-categorization of Ns, in your above quote).

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.slayerment.com/blog/ns-are-smarter-ss-mbti

According to the above website, intuitive people are more intelligent than sensing people (like myself.) I also just got told by [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] that I am a sensing ass because I took something he said literally. I am tired of intuitives lording their higher positions in the social intellectual heirarchy and their supreme minds over us sensors!

When did you decide you were an S? I thought you were INTP?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
OMG THIS THREAD IS NEW AND EXCITING AND NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE BY ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF TYPOLOGY WEBSITES WOW I AM SO GLAD I AM A GENIUS AND NOT A LAME S BUT THAT'S OK BECAUSE IF I WAS AN S I WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THIS THREAD SO ITS OK TO HURT S FEELINGS BECAUSE THEY WONT GET IT LOLOLOLOL THEY ARE TOO BUSY SURFING AND BAKING CUPCAKES.
lmfao

RoadPaveMent

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^^^Haha! Also, necro thread.

Although I do have something to mention this time, just that my ESFP roommate is is very smart. She's 150% Se-dom, in fact I think she has some brain abnormality that makes her more in the moment than other Se-doms I've known. o___o But she is choosing between physics and computer science for her major, and she is very interested in and educated on social issues. I really admire her. ^___^

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wanna be a sensor again - can I join can I join?! :D:D:D:D