User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    N types have slightly higher IQ on average, but that doesent make N people smarter than S, its just that iq test measures certain type of intelligence, which is often seen in intuitives. you could make different test where S types would score higher in average than N types, but that wouldnt be what you call IQ test.

the post you quoted has nothing to do with the subject and was about people confusing ISTP aspegrers to INTPs
    I once heard that when it comes to IQ tests, they tend to have been constructed by N types and so they cater more to intuitive tendencies of pattern relation. Of course this is merely something I read...doesn't make it true but it seems like an interesting idea to consider nonetheless.

This is unrelated to me quoting you but I also posted a couple of replies to that website in the OP as ive found that before on other forums before this topic and in an extremely hilarious twist he assumed that I was an INTP because of what I wrote. My posts are Andrew Parkinson.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    It's interesting you should say that. My mom is an ESFJ and she scored high enough to join Mensa, but didn't.
    Yeah, I met lots of ESFJs there. A lawyer, a doctor, an electrical engineer, a fundraiser (head of development) for a college, and so on. And if Mensa didn't suit them, they could easily go elsewhere; they were very much in demand anywhere they might choose to go.

Mensa is where I first identified individual ESFJs by their personality type and really got to know them. Great people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

wow i'd never heard of interpersonal...that's really cool!
    so would intrapersonal be Fi and interpersonal be Fe?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBlock View Post
    action is all that matters in this world

ESTP all the way.

More like ENFJ, don't you think?

Accordinly to Howard Gardner's theory, there are 8 (logical, bodily-kinesthesic, naturalistic, musical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, verbal-linguistic, spatial), and I do believe in this theory. The IQ is a limited way of measuring logical and spatial intelligence. It's incomplete. It's like saying Mozart wasn't intelligent, because he had no high IQ (I don't know whether Mozart's IQ is high or low, I'm just giving a raw comparison here).[/QUOTE]

Anew Leaf

OMG THIS THREAD IS NEW AND EXCITING AND NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE BY ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF TYPOLOGY WEBSITES WOW I AM SO GLAD I AM A GENIUS AND NOT A LAME S BUT THAT'S OK BECAUSE IF I WAS AN S I WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THIS THREAD SO ITS OK TO HURT S FEELINGS BECAUSE THEY WONT GET IT LOLOLOLOL THEY ARE TOO BUSY SURFING AND BAKING CUPCAKES.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    OMG THIS THREAD IS NEW AND EXCITING AND NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE BY ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF TYPOLOGY WEBSITES WOW I AM SO GLAD I AM A GENIUS AND NOT A LAME S BUT THAT'S OK BECAUSE IF I WAS AN S I WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THIS THREAD SO ITS OK TO HURT S FEELINGS BECAUSE THEY WONT GET IT LOLOLOLOL THEY ARE TOO BUSY SURFING AND BAKING CUPCAKES.
    I would like to thank you for futher proving my point that N's think they know more than S's because I quote "AN S I WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THIS THREAD SO ITS OK TO HURT S FEELINGS BECAUSE THEY WONT GET IT LOLOLOLOL"

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by slayerment View Post
    I am trying to bring information forth and give people a new perspective on the MBTI.
    This is not a new perspective on MBTI at all; it's a debate that's been had many, many times over on this and many other MBTI/typology-oriented forums and even in the academic community.

What you must realize is that the definitions of "preferring sensing" and "preferring intuition" don't indicate that one has risen above, transcends or necessarily includes or supersedes the other. That's just, like, not what they mean.

I define what I mean by smart when I say,

"I would think that people who are influential are probably smarter than other people. Maybe smarter is not the right word, but whatever they are, others are not. And it is these attributes that make them stand out and admirable. People notice and remember these people more than others. That is why they became influential. These people did something that most people did not do. They are/were influential for a reason."
    So, are you talking about which types are most influential, or which types embody secondary secondary characteristics (such as smarts) that may lead to influence? Why not cut out the middleman and simply talk about influence directly?

And I'm not trying to be scholarly, I'm trying to be educational. I don't respect most scholars or the way the SJ school system treats academics or intelligence.
    Do you respect higher education? What sort of training and learning has the most influence, in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Someone should start a thread on whether n's are better than s's at abstract masturbation.
    They are. In fact, the 80 pages of bullshit produced amongst Ns about the topic of which type is best at abstract masturbation would be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I would like to thank you for futher proving my point that N's think they know more than S's because I quote "AN S I WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THIS THREAD SO ITS OK TO HURT S FEELINGS BECAUSE THEY WONT GET IT LOLOLOLOL"
    Hell, I'd say that not understanding this thread would pretty much be a gift.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbergers
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    wow i'd never heard of interpersonal...that's really cool!
    so would intrapersonal be Fi and interpersonal be Fe?
    [/QUOTE]

I have never tried to relate both. I guess the interpersonal intelligence is more like a social attitude toward the world, not necessarily extraverted feeling. From what I know, involves Ne and extraversion, for the one with interpersonal intelligence likes to go out, understand and read people easily, and are good at working with others (I've just read this up, heh). Intrapersonal is the contrary, it's more like a capacity of understanding yourself, knowing what you are feeling and knowing how to deal with it, I guess it could be Fi.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Warren Buffet is an INTP? JFK an INTJ? Sigmund Freud an N? Um, I don't think so.

There were IQ tests in the times of Aristotle, Shakespeare, and Alexander the Great?

On top of it, the types of most of the famous people is just...wrong. And how come do the more recent famous people have lower IQs?