User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Regardless of which type is smarter, raptorwizard should go check his head before posting anything else.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Regardless of which type is smarter, raptorwizard should go check his head before posting anything else.
    !
    The Great One, too!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i think this INT thing with aspies is that they are actually IST's more often(more likely ISTJ), but their S is disassociated from their other processes and falsely test as INTs. its common for people with aspergers to be really focused on details of external world, so much focused that it draws all their energy and cant properly distinguish 'what is'(due to the disassociation of S).

the idea of aspergers is that different brain regions arent first of all communicating with each other properly(some areas lack proper connection and some areas have really strong connections), some areas are poorly developed(not much processing power) or are really strongly developed(and try to do processes with the developed areas that arent usual for them, for example reading with visual cortex, while normal people transport the visual imaginery from text to other areas which process the reading).

i have heard of 3 basic types of personalities in autism;

-photo-realistic; thinks in static images

-music, mathematic; thinks in visual patterns, are naturally good at music and some types of math

-word-logic; is good at names and statistics

photo-realistic type is afaik the most common with aspergers, i think this is the typical ISTP aspie who often gets confused with INTP, but visual cortex playing a big role(and at least one case of these had a super strong wiring to areas involved with Ti and really crap on opposite Fi side), which is not common for INTPs, but is related to Se. i think because of the typical ISTP attitude of paying attention to details in external world, gets dimmed due to the intensity of how external world is perceived, creates similar voluntary disassociation of the objects that INTPs generally have, so these types look like INTPs often. i also think that people with autism experience their unconscious mind much differently than healthy people do and live much more of the life of the unconscious, not because it would be larger necessarily, but because the confusion it evokes is much greater(due to it not being compatible with the external world), thus it feels more intense and distracting(which also might make them seem as INTPs, but its actually the Ni playing role here).

music, mathematic is most likely closest to INTJ

word-logic is most likely closest to ISTJ
    So, which is more intelligent the fake INT aka real IST with a dissociated S or the real INT with a superior N?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    So, which is more intelligent the fake INT aka real IST with a dissociated S or the real INT with a superior N?
    N types have slightly higher IQ on average, but that doesent make N people smarter than S, its just that iq test measures certain type of intelligence, which is often seen in intuitives. you could make different test where S types would score higher in average than N types, but that wouldnt be what you call IQ test.

the post you quoted has nothing to do with the subject and was about people confusing ISTP aspegrers to INTPs
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    N types have slightly higher IQ on average, but that doesent make N people smarter than S, its just that iq test measures certain type of intelligence, which is often seen in intuitives. you could make different test where S types would score higher in average than N types, but that wouldnt be what you call IQ test.

the post you quoted has nothing to do with the subject and was about people confusing ISTP aspegrers to INTPs
    Exactly. I thought it was most fitting to the srs bsn discushun here...
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

action is all that matters in this world[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by slayerment View Post
    NTs are the most likely to take action. They are the most Choleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    ....no, no they aren't. ENTJs are, sometimes INTJs can be pretty choleric too, but NTs as a whole? no. there isn't a large degree of correlation with 4 humors and MBTI anyway (assuming 4 humors held any weight, which I don't think they do). anyway, the most action oriented types are probably Se doms and Te doms (ESxPs and ExTJs)
    ESTP all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I could TOTALLY see Jesus as ESFJ!

Talk about an influential person. Seriously!
    More like ENFJ, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    guys, there is not one type of intelligence. i read somewhere there are 5, but maybe even more, depending on how you look.
    N's and S's have different types of intelligence according to how you look. for how i look, i'd say N's are more intelligent, but only because it's the sort of intelligence i identify with and value. apart from that, this discussion will go nowhere, i assure you. it all balances out.
    Accordinly to Howard Gardner's theory, there are 8 (logical, bodily-kinesthesic, naturalistic, musical, interpersonal, intrapersonal, verbal-linguistic, spatial), and I do believe in this theory. The IQ is a limited way of measuring logical and spatial intelligence. It's incomplete. It's like saying Mozart wasn't intelligent, because he had no high IQ (I don't know whether Mozart's IQ is high or low, I'm just giving a raw comparison here).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I like saying that being "gifted" gives you the gift of being an underachiever. Or maybe P gives you that gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Even if Ns were on average smarter than Ss, which may statistically be the case, that would not say anything about you or me or anybody else.
    This. With any of the letters.

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    I was hoping to see the butt pic again!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Just some anecdotal info.

For years I was pretty heavily involved with one of the largest Mensa chapters (the Washington, D.C. chapter was the 2nd most active after Chicago). My experience there (again, anecdotal) was that Sensors made up somewhat more than 1/2 of the membership of that chapter. Maybe as much as 2/3.

That proportion of Sensors would still makes the chapter a little heavy on iNtuitives compared to the general population (where Sensors may represent as much as 3/4 of the population); and in fact Mensa was a great place to go if you wanted to find a higher-than-normal concentration of certain types of iNtuitives. But those numbers could also be explained by the fact that Mensa members are self-selected and don’t necessarily reflect the true make-up of the entire spectrum of the high-IQ population.

To put it another way, only a small percentage of high-IQ people ever bother to join Mensa. Furthermore, I noticed that iNtuitives (and NTs in particular) tended to see Mensa as a haven from the cruel outside world and a place where they could find acceptance for their quirks and the company of more people like themselves.

Sensors, by comparison, seemed to view Mensa as just one more place to socialize; it wasn’t a “haven” for them since they didn’t seem to feel out-of-place in the outside world the way that NTs might. Sensors floated in and out of the organization; they didn’t cling to their membership like a lifeline the way some NTs would. Also the Sensor membership seemed skewed toward Extraverts (ESxx), again indicating that Mensa was just one more place to party and socialize for them.

The upshot is that iNtuitives (and NTs in particular) might flock to Mensa in greater proportion than Sensors and stay a little longer, making Mensa a little “N-heavy.” So Mensa membership probably didn’t reflect the overall population of high-IQ people. But in any case, just looking at the large numbers of ESxx Sensors in the chapter, it seemed to me that Sensors are well-represented among the high-IQ population.

Again, that’s all anecdotal. Just my own personal non-scientific observations. As far as I know, Mensa hasn’t done any surveys of the personality types of its members.
    It's interesting you should say that. My mom is an ESFJ and she scored high enough to join Mensa, but didn't.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

I suppose it is a fun enough thing to bullshit about, who is most intelligent. But at the end of the day it is who is most effective that matters. These kind of threads and subjects always feel like ego bolstering to me. It is sad in a way though, this kind of abstract masturbation, it screws it up for people who want to use it to learn about themselves and others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Someone should start a thread on whether n's are better than s's at abstract masturbation.