User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This beating a dead horse logic (which has also been applied to Feelers) has been going something like this for years...

Sensors are stupid
    That person is stupid
    Therefore he must be a Sensor which proves...

(repeat ad infinitum)
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

garbage

Bullshit like this has to be stopped because people will buy it and spread it to others. I'm doing my part through a bit of social shaming, because it's fun to do and the guy who wrote that article deserves it.

Remember, being an N doesn't mean that you are not an S and that you are not in touch with the 5 senses. It means that you have moved past it. An N can be an S. An S can't be an N. It's an evolution thing. I know what I'm saying pisses you off, but that's okay. Somebody has to say it.
    laffo

Why would a high test score matter if somebody with a low test score can hire these people?
    Said in reference to ACT; applies equally to IQ, which he uses to support his conclusion

It's kinda funny really. I could care less if there is data to back something up or not. All I care about is if something makes sense or doesn't. But even when there is data to back something up the people who are supposedly into facts and real-world things choose to refuse to accept them. Sensors choosing not to accept the facts and being unable to present their own facts to the contrary is yet another fact on why they are less intelligent. They're hypocrites. You guys are supposed to be into facts, not me. But you're not. You hide behind calling yourselves pragmatic and realistic but you are neither. Remember what I said about evolution?...
    Not touching this one. I don't have to touch this one. Its problems are self-evident.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    This beating a dead horse logic (which has also been applied to Feelers) has been going something like this for years...

Sensors are stupid
    That person is stupid
    Therefore he must be a Sensor which proves...

(repeat ad infinitum)
    Exactly this

Even if Ns were on average smarter than Ss, which may statistically be the case, that would not say anything about you or me or anybody else.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Yeah, that is a stupid generalization. My ESFP friend is way smarter than my ENFP friend. I have an ISTJ friend of average intelligence and an ISTJ friend who gets better grades than I do (but that's because he studies - I'm more naturally intelligent than him, as shown by SAT scores). My mom's IQ is borderline genius and she was invited into Yale (she didn't apply, they asked her to go - she went to UConn instead to be with her friends) and she's an ISFJ. My dad is also very smart and he's an ESTJ. My older brother's also really smart and he's an ISTP. Ns aren't always smarter than Ss, not to mention that there are different types of intelligence.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

No. Rather, another question would be, at what is someone smart? People have different intelligence sets. This type of thing differs from person to person.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

garbage

Also: the guy who wrote the article doesn't know what "preferring intuition" and "preferring sensing" actually mean in either a Jungian or MBTI context.

He kind of .. you know, skimmed those chapters and skipped over a bunch of facts, drawing some misinformed conclusions with his limited data.

I wouldn't listen to him.

--

Also: if anyone on this forum tells you that intuitives are smarter than sensors and points you to official MBTI/IQ correlation stats to back that up, remind them that that same person also probably doesn't trust the official MBTI and so the correlation would be meaningless to them if they thought about it for more than a second or so.

--

Also: In before the "woe is me, we're smarter and better than S's but we have to conform to their world" bullshit

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

yes!
    ok, i said it, now it's true. you can close the thread.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Most T types have trust issues.

Most N types just delve into fantasy to rationalize trauma.

Most E types secretly feel that they must build connection with others because if they don't others won't. They wonder subconsciously what this says about them.

Most J types feel like they missed out on fun when they were younger.

Most I types feel like they're not important enoughto be noticed.

Most P types regret not being diligent enough in the past.

Most F types feel emotionally crazy.

So?
    the bold points are not true at all

PS:
    my own thoughts
    - Ns on average are more intelligent
    - but intelligence is overrated
    - as @Haven pointed out, reality tends to favor Sensors
    - also, society favors SJs and the the economy/job market favor TJs
    - NF males are by far the most discriminated against typology demographic IRL

in conclusion, I do believe that most ENFPs, including myself, are smarter than the majority of people (I'm not going to sugar coat this, there are plenty of exceptions, ie, extremely intelligent Sensors and dumb Intuitives, but I think the overall trend is obvious), but that comes at a price, a price I'm all too familiar with. the older I get, the more I'm starting to think "who fucking cares about being more intelligent, being more "deep" or being more intellectual" I am naturally inclined toward all of these things, but they haven't gotten me a damn thing in the real world. being an ENFP has probably helped me get to know myself faster than other types, learn to love myself faster than other types and really think about what things mean to me and what I want out of life. this is all great 'n all, but after all that internal stuff is taken care of action is all that matters in this world
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Fast considerations:
    - You can't measure the IQ of a person that lived 500 years ago. That's insanity. Not even their mbti type can be properly known, but that's another story.
    - Having a high IQ doesn't make you smart. You can have a big IQ and suck in life big time. Besides, a high IQ is often correlated with some bad stuff (poor grasp of social norms, depression, big ego).
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Fast considerations:
    - You can't measure the IQ of a person that lived 500 years ago. That's insanity. Not even their mbti type can be properly known, but that's another story.
    - Having a high IQ doesn't make you smart. You can have a big IQ and suck in life big time. Besides, a high IQ is often correlated with some bad stuff (poor grasp of social norms, depression, big ego).
    this is my point, Intuitives have more raw intelligence, but raw intelligence has very little actual value past a certain point (being above average intelligence is useful, but being genius level intelligence is not. in fact, there is a point where high intelligence becomes a liability, making it harder to get out of one's head, not over analyze and relate to people who are of average intelligence). genius level intelligence people have brains like hungry stomachs. they are constantly hungry, extremely high maintenance and they need to be constantly solving complex puzzles or they get bored
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire