User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    IDK

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    [I am tired of intuitives lording their higher positions in the social intellectual heirarchy and their supreme minds over us sensors![/SIZE][/COLOR]
    For your information, most intuitives do not think they're more superior than sensors. And reading the replies it seems that many sensors believe that they are in fact way more superior than Ns. It's completely unnecessary to blame all Ns for something one person did. How would you like it if I said all Sensors cannot understand metaphoric language just because one can't?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    http://www.slayerment.com/blog/ns-are-smarter-ss-mbti According to the above website, intuitive people are more intelligent than sensing people (like myself.) I also just got told by @The Great One that I am a sensing ass because I took something he said literally. I am tired of intuitives lording their higher positions in the social intellectual heirarchy and their supreme minds over us sensors!
    I don't know. I think there is possibly a correlation between N and intelligence.
    Personally I think being N is about more abstract thinking, being able to read between the lines and noticing double or hidden meanings. We are good at jumping back from a situation and seeing the bigger picture. Being completely honest this does make me feel a little smug around S people when they don't understand a joke because it has a double meaning or the comedian seemed to 'jump' from one topic to another - an S thinks the two topics are completely unrelated while Ns understand the joke because they can immediately see all the steps between those two topics linking them instantly and effortlessly. I find the jokes the Ss laugh at quite obvious. They are still funny but I notice there is never any double meaning or sophistication really (no offence). I don't know if that makes us smarter? I guess it's just something we are good at while Ss are much better at detail orientated, grounded activities that require people who are very good at observing the physical environment. I think Ss could make good lawyers and politicians. They are typically good at maths/science and can be good at English too as they use their noticing details trait to notice techniques going on in the book but an N would be better at understanding an overall theme or generating creative ideas when writing a novel.
    I think Ns can come across as smarter because they are interested in big ideas and the future. They often have creative and inspiring vision which can make them good leaders. They can be interested in lots of topics and deep ideas and like to be philosophical while Ss seem to focus very much on the present. So much so that any talk of big ideas of how society works, the future etc. they would just see as irrelevant. They often enjoy gossip and talk of things going on in their family/town etc. This is fine but a lack of interest or understanding of the importance of bigger ideas can make you seem stupid. Obvs this is not true of all Ss. But awkwardly most of the ones I've met...
    In my friendship group we are two INFPs, an ENFJ, INFJ and an ISFJ and the ISFJ I must admit I don't think is very smart. We were talking about this TV show we were watching where they treat the women awfully and she and I were discussing a relationship on the show which she liked but as soon as I got a little more abstract thinking about why the women are treated like crap and the influence on the viewers and how it is a reflection of society as a whole she looked completely bored. No offence but a lot of Ss I've met are like this. While an N is always up to delve into a deep topic, Ss seem to view them as pointless? As though they are too stupid to see the importance of such conversations, of these big ideas and how any change starts with two people talking and changing mindsets? They just want to talk about mundane things. Even their dreams are often dull and reflect their everyday environment. Like they can't possibly imagine a reality or future any different from the one we are in now? How can you not have any vision?

that said I know some very stupid Ns and some very smart Ss.

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

Quote Originally Posted by RosieJones View Post
    While an N is always up to delve into a deep topic, Ss seem to view them as pointless? As though they are too stupid to see the importance of such conversations, of these big ideas and how any change starts with two people talking and changing mindsets? They just want to talk about mundane things. Even their dreams are often dull and reflect their everyday environment. Like they can't possibly imagine a reality or future any different from the one we are in now? How can you not have any vision?
    ...............Wooooow.

...Or maybe sometimes people just don't care about special snowflake topics? Pretty sure they'd get typed as S just for that even if they were N.
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi
    Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post
    ...............Wooooow. ...Or maybe sometimes people just don't care about special snowflake topics? Pretty sure they'd get typed as S just for that even if they were N.
    What do you mean 'special snowflake topics'?
    Last edited by Lexicon; Yesterday at 12:39 PM.

What do you mean 'special snowflake topics'?
    I don't think you're going to be here long if you keep posting that stupid shit.
    Last edited by Lexicon; Yesterday at 12:40 PM.
    Likes Smilephantomhive, yama, miss fortune liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't think you're going to be here long if you keep posting that stupid shit.
    Unless you are going to come up with any actual arguments to support the idea that the ability to think abstractly, have vision and understand several layers of meaning in a phrase or joke, are not indicators of intelligence, I will ignore you.

Unless you are going to come up with any actual arguments to support the idea that the ability to think abstractly, have vision and understand several layers of meaning in a phrase or joke, are not indicators of intelligence, I will ignore you.
    My post stands.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

My post stands.
    Okay

- - - Updated - - -

My post stands.
    You are only proving my point sir

Okay

- - - Updated - - -

You are only proving my point sir

You must be an S, I do not understand.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Lol well if rosiejones doesn't respect me, then ill just be in my way. It's so funny how people still believe this kind of stuff.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari