User Tag List

First 1523242526 Last

Results 241 to 250 of 251

  1. #241
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    Yeah, I was wrong. So what? I didn't try to 'wiggle out' of anything since I already quoted myself and retracted a statement I made. Not sure where you're getting this impression that I am too disagreeable to reason with. Since when do you, as an ENTP, get annoyed by someone that is skeptical?

    You can't seriously sit here and tell me that the OP's link was any kind of credible data. Apparently you pride yourself as highly intelligent so tap into that and understand why it's reasonable to be skeptical of the "data" that was initially provided.

    My understanding was you were using that data to make all these claims that Ns are smarter than Ss which was the real focus of my skepticism. Winning arguments for the sake of pride really doesn't matter to me(that's ENTJ land) rather I'm a natural skeptic and challenge peoples' assertions to see if the thinking is sound and the evidence adds up.
    @reckful understood my argument and provided exactly what I was looking for (you didn't though). Now stop jerking him off because he did the work and found something credible and you didn't.
    It was a really simple situation. I was stating a factual claim. It doesn't matter what the claim is. You then made false claims and tried to pass it on as justified.
    I didn't let you get away with it. And as I said, you wouldn't be able to help resorting to some sort of ad hominem at some point. You're not the victim, etc. this is not some ideological battle. You just claimed illogical things a few times, and every time I corrected you. I wasn't harrassing you. I was ANSWERING your posts. Posts for Posts. That is all.

    I couldn't care less what the theme was. And assuming some kind of 'agenda' from my side is, I think, silly.

    Imagine someone misspells a word, and you correct them as to be helpful. Would you say that person has an agenda or just good grammar?

    exactly.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  2. #242
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    wtf? @EcK
    Hey Starry.
    What seems to be the trouble?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #243
    Privileged Sh!tlord ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    It was a really simple situation. I was stating a factual claim.
    What were you stating as a factual claim? That self-assessment can be counted as data? Ok, I never disagreed with that. Please point out where I did. The OP's link provided a list of famous people that were not self-assessed and thus it cannot qualify as credible data by definition.

    It doesn't matter what the claim is. You then made false claims and tried to pass it on as justified.
    What claims were those? I pointed out MBTI is a sketchy metric. Ok, if you disagree then provide studies showing that it's highly reliable. The issue you addressed is whether or not MBTI can be considered corollary data to IQ. You specifically stated that it qualifies as subjective self-assessed data (which I never disagreed with) but the OP's link was not subjective self-assessed data and thus the link, by definition, doesn't qualify as data. @reckful's link, however, does but HE provided that, not you. Are you actually trying to take credit for someone else's response? I don't get it.

    And as I said, you wouldn't be able to help resorting to some sort of ad hominem at some point.
    What ad-hominem. Show me where I resorted to ad-hom attacks?

    You're not the victim, etc. this is not some ideological battle.
    Victim? Ideological? What?

    You just claimed illogical things a few times, and every time I corrected you. I wasn't harrassing you. I was ANSWERING your posts. Posts for Posts. That is all.
    What did I actually say that was illogical? So I was skeptical as MBTI as a personality metric and, more importantly, I was skeptical of the link the OP provided (I'm surprised you weren't actually). How exactly does that make what I said illogical?

    I couldn't care less what the theme was. And assuming some kind of 'agenda' from my side is, I think, silly.
    I never disagreed with you that subjective self-assessment can be used as a data point. I criticized the OP's link for not meeting that criteria. When did I accuse you of an 'agenda?'

  4. #244
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Hey Starry.
    What seems to be the trouble?

    haha


    You know, I swear I've read somewhere along the way that there's a correlation between high iq and psychosis. What, if anything, does this say with regards to the subject at hand in your opinion?

  5. #245
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    haha


    You know, I swear I've read somewhere along the way that there's a correlation between high iq and psychosis. What, if anything, does this say with regards to the subject at hand in your opinion?
    Well. there's more chance to be bipolar. High IQ is also both associated with increased happiness (and in some cases increased depression) - not sure which one wins out if you average it over the whole population
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #246
    Senior Member riva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    We've heard this before, intelligence is relative.

    I think S types have an advantage when it comes to fluidity of dealing with the environment and that as an adult with responsibilities is somethings that is way more useful than pondering on thoughts you've had for hours and hours in your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Most T types have trust issues.

    Most N types just delve into fantasy to rationalize trauma.

    Most E types secretly feel that they must build connection with others because if they don't others won't. They wonder subconsciously what this says about them.

    Most J types feel like they missed out on fun when they were younger.

    Most I types feel like they're not important enoughto be noticed.

    Most P types regret not being diligent enough in the past.

    Most F types feel emotionally crazy.

    So?
    Whoahhh...
    .

  7. #247
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post

    I can't get my hand on a good study now. I'm supposed to work. But I've read several papers suggesting that the 'diminishing returns' story is an exageration. There is a clear correlation with average iq and income. Though it's of course only a correlation. Billionaires are smarter than millionaires are smarter than ... etc. This correlation is present even in the extremely high iq range (again, I'll have to find the study later but I saw numbers for the 140-180+ iq ranges.
    Reality does it again (at least if you find that study).

    Facts or at least close to facts, don't give a shiznut what you feel about something. Even so; rich to intelligence is a correlation I hate.

    http://www.cnbc.com/2014/05/16/billi...tudy-says.html

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/file...e-in-press.pdf

    Although the study I found is really about education. Which poses questions about inherent intelligence vs learned intelligence, although I don't mean to dichotomise as they aren't exclusive. Then of course genetics and epigenetics, money > access to better > healthier > passed on.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  8. #248
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Most T types have trust issues.

    Most N types just delve into fantasy to rationalize trauma.

    Most E types secretly feel that they must build connection with others because if they don't others won't. They wonder subconsciously what this says about them.

    Most J types feel like they missed out on fun when they were younger.

    Most I types feel like they're not important enoughto be noticed.

    Most P types regret not being diligent enough in the past.

    Most F types feel emotionally crazy.

    So?
    I don't care about my diligence in my past. I have a single regret and don't really know how I would fix it. Thats really minimal for what you say. I would more say EP would fit this more and IP not as much.

    F types are not crazy...just more emotional.

    You should step back and fix your generalizatons. The seem like they have to much personal opinion projected onto the type.
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #249
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I don't care about my diligence in my past. I have a single regret and don't really know how I would fix it. Thats really minimal for what you say. I would more say EP would fit this more and IP not as much.

    F types are not crazy...just more emotional.

    You should step back and fix your generalizatons. The seem like they have to much personal opinion projected onto the type.
    Bingo.

    If you want to talk about type-specific issues, look at the inferior function, e.g. issues with bureaucracy, organization, feelings of being incompetent or unable to manage people, often attributed to inferior Te.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  10. #250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strychnine View Post
    Bingo.

    If you want to talk about type-specific issues, look at the inferior function, e.g. issues with bureaucracy, organization, feelings of being incompetent or unable to manage people, often attributed to inferior Te.
    Lol, the stuff I don't really care much about. Thank God for EJs
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. How Animals are Smarter than Some Humans
    By Mal12345 in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 02:37 PM
  2. [NT] People who are smarter than you
    By animenagai in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 11:03 PM
  3. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
  4. How many Ns are in general population ?
    By Chloe in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM
  5. [MBTItm] Why Fs are smarter than Ts
    By Martian Manifesto in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO