User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    That's because us "really" intelligent people know money doesn't matter much LMAO
    Also a valid argument. Though I think 'cash' obsession is based on multiple factors.

For example: I don't really 'care' about money. But I do care about achievement. I am more capable than the average guy (ie: in my experience I can equate or surpass someone's skill in a professional field applying less effort that they did).

Combine the two and I tend to have a greater ability to generate cash than average. Though my being an ENTP is certainly a handicap.

But take your average cliché high achieving estj with a decent iq and education. While (on average) I consider most of them to be soulless uninventive corporate drone they tend to get to the top. (I do respect smart estjs though)

Same, and to a greater degree, with ENTJs.

We're only talking about correlations here at the end of the day.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Poki liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    That's because us "really" intelligent people know money doesn't matter much LMAO
    Or get sidetracked into lower paying careers that are more fulfilling to them....

Or there lack common sense....

Or drive to dominate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Or get sidetracked into lower paying careers that are more fulfilling to them....

Or drive to dominate...
    Only reason I move up is because of capability, not a desire to prove mys3lf
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post

Or drive to dominate...
    As I was telling @Poki there are alot of other factors.
    Women tend to be less interested in highly technical and competitive fields (also highly paid). They also tend to work less hours, take more vacations and so on. That's part of the reason behind the '77 cents for one dollar' myth. (because if it were true everyone would be hiring women exclusively and stacking the extra cash mile high - same applies to other groups)

INFPs are among the lowest or the lowest average income wise. Yet they have, on average, high iqs. etc.
    etc.

I mean hell, I'm sure there's a study somewhere about the average income of high iq psychopaths that could prove interesting. (over represented in corporate boards)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Likes SearchingforPeace, Poki liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm pretty good at finding what I need if I really need it, whether it's money or somewhere to stay or automotive repairs or a job or really pretty much anything

however, I'm not particularly ambitious... as long as I have the things I need to survive and enough left over for vacations I'm pretty content... working isn't something that I really do for fun and money is just an object that I have to get to trade for the things I need to survive... once I have that I'm perfectly content to actually spend the rest of my time doing what I want to do, which to me seems smarter than spending my time not enjoying myself so that I can buy more things that I won't have time to enjoy
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm pretty good at finding what I need if I really need it, whether it's money or somewhere to stay or automotive repairs or a job or really pretty much anything

however, I'm not particularly ambitious... as long as I have the things I need to survive and enough left over for vacations I'm pretty content... working isn't something that I really do for fun and money is just an object that I have to get to trade for the things I need to survive... once I have that I'm perfectly content to actually spend the rest of my time doing what I want to do, which to me seems smarter than spending my time not enjoying myself so that I can buy more things that I won't have time to enjoy
    Very well said imo
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes miss fortune liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Good point sis.
    Now one thing that, in the past - And I can you can relate to that - has pushed me 'up' hierarchically was my abhorrence to being managed by people I see as incompetent and or stupid.

But power for the sake of power and money for the sake of money? I don't find it a horrid idea but it just doesn't motivate me.

... In theory.

Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Good point sis.
    Now one thing that, in the past - And I can you can relate to that - has pushed me 'up' hierarchically was my abhorrence to being managed by people I see as incompetent.
    But power for the sake of power and money for the sake of money? I don't find it a horrid idea but it just doesn't motivate me.
    I usually end up getting moved up when it's realized that I do all of the manager's work when their level of incompetence irks me too much... they usually just do the application processes either when I'm just not feeling like filling things out or when I'm not at work, which is mostly why I'm still where I am

it doesn't really bother me enough to do anything about it at the moment... I'm in school right now as well and my needs are taken care of... and I get away with telling people who technically are supposed to have more power than me what to do on a regular basis
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I usually end up getting moved up when it's realized that I do all of the manager's work when their level of incompetence irks me too much... they usually just do the application processes either when I'm just not feeling like filling things out or when I'm not at work, which is mostly why I'm still where I am

it doesn't really bother me enough to do anything about it at the moment... I'm in school right now as well and my needs are taken care of... and I get away with telling people who technically are supposed to have more power than me what to do on a regular basis
    A good way to summarize my philosophy when it comes to this would be:
    if with 5 years on the job someone is as competent as a guy with 15. Then the guy with 15 year experience is of LESS value to the company and therefore, everything else being equal, should be managed by rather than manage his counterpart.

Most hierarchical structures don't make much sense to me. ie: it's important to pass on hard earned knowledge - but you don't need to put someone 'above' someone else to do that. In fact quite often people keep knowledge to themselves as to retain power. Especially when faced with potential competition.

I can't count the times I've worked with people who barely gave me enough information to work while helping other people they don't see as a potential threat (whether consciously or not) or can get things from (whether and ego boost or delegate some of their own work - which just doesn't work with me - I have a finely tuned bullshit detector). It's tiring.

In my first full time job I was promoted several times over about 18 months. The promotions started because once I started working directly under the owner, so I was not 'competition' but could only be an asset. My 'manager' at that place was fired and I spoke to the owner about some of my ideas which had been ignored by the aforementioned guy, I then pretty much 'created' my first promotion by making new proposals to the board. If I had to deal with my previous managers cock blocking it would never have happened.

So at this point in my life I don't think I was 'directly' taught anything/much by a 'manager'. Though I would really love to.

I YEARN for it.

... In theory.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Good point sis.
    Now one thing that, in the past - And I can you can relate to that - has pushed me 'up' hierarchically was my abhorrence to being managed by people I see as incompetent and or stupid.

A good way to summarize it would be: if with 5 years on the job someone is as competent as a guy with 15. Then the guy with 15 year experience is of LESS value to the company and therefore, everything else being equal, should be managed by rather than manage his counterpart.

Most hierarchical structures don't make much sense to me. ie: it's important to pass on hard earned knowledge - but you don't need to put someone 'above' someone else to do that. In fact quite often people keep knowledge to themselves as to retain power. Especially faced with potential competition. I can't count the times I've worked with people who barely gave me enough information to work while helping other people they don't see as a potential threat (whether consciously or not). It's tiring. So at this point in my life I don't think I was 'directly' taught anything/much by a 'manager'. Though I would really love to.

It's actually fear of being outdone. I do find it a horrid idea for society as a whole. You hold back the competent and better of society, company at the expense of self. That is selfish to the extreme. The kicker is that these people you fear may have been the one who brings you up with them as they rise. Of course the fear of them being like you and suppressing you is great since it's driven by self which already has the complete understanding of judgment towards that way of thought and fear since that who you already are. Trapping yourself with people less then you are as a means of controlling where you stand instead of surrounding by everyone who can help you up. Yeah, geniuses....not
    Im out, its been fun