User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    this is my point, Intuitives have more raw intelligence, but raw intelligence has very little actual value past a certain point (being above average intelligence is useful, but being genius level intelligence is not. in fact, there is a point where high intelligence becomes a liability, making it harder to get out of one's head, not over analyze and relate to people who are of average intelligence). genius level intelligence people have brains like hungry stomachs. they are constantly hungry, extremely high maintenance and they need to be constantly solving complex puzzles or they get bored
    Not so.
    Iq is correlated with economic success even with very high iqs. Ie: on av a guy with 160 iq id better off than one with 140 and so on
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes ZNP-TBA liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

On average yes . Ns are smarter than Ss. But ofc alot of S are smart and alot of Ns are dumb.

The types, i think, most likely to be gifted in Sensors are istps and istjs. (Backed by some research)

My sister is an istp. She's literally a rocket scientist. She s cool like that.

The diff between the least (esfp) and most likely (intj) type to be "gifted" (130iq snd more) is something like a factor of 20.

The "least" gifted N type(enfj) is still about 30% more likely to be gifted than the "most gifted" S
    type (istj).

Ns are 1/3rd of the population and 70+% of the gifted population.

At the end of the day of course I'll judge who s an idiot or not based on individual merits. Even if i dont disagree with you and your stupid arguments.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

then you get the ISTJ engineer walking around with and IQ of 160.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    then you get the ISTJ engineer walking around with and IQ of 160.

Ultimately i think the who s smarter etc is pointless after a while. Ie: we are a community with an average iq, i'd assume that is way off the average. To people with iqs above 140: what does it matter which 30/70 percent group you are in whej you are one in 80, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 10000 etc.

Whether you are a republican, an N or a goat doesn't make other people with that affiliation "smarter" or "like you"

... In theory.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Not so.
    Iq is correlated with economic success even with very high iqs. Ie: on av a guy with 160 iq id better off than one with 140 and so on
    Actually, Malcolm Galdwell Outliers stated the correlation between IQ and income tops off at 130 or so, iirc (I read it awhile ago). I didn't read the research he based this on, obviously.

His research was that after a certain IQ, there was dimminishing returns. Usually smart but not super genius types more likely to have practical success due to better grounding in life.

He also found success to be pretty closely related to specific historical, cultural, societal, or similar factors. His discussion regarding the rise of the tech industry, the shape of the New York legal market, and why the best Canadian hockey players are born during certain months is fascinating, showing that certain specific factors outside of the control of successful individuals, created their success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
    Likes chubber, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Actually, Malcolm Galdwell Outliers stated the correlation between IQ and income tops off at 130 or so, iirc (I read it awhile ago). I didn't read the research he based this on, obviously.

His research was that after a certain IQ, there was dimminishing returns. Usually smart but not super genius types more likely to have practical success due to better grounding in life.

He also found success to be pretty closely related to specific historical, cultural, societal, or similar factors. His discussion regarding the rise of the tech industry, the shape of the New York legal market, and why the best Canadian hockey players are born during certain months is fascinating, showing that certain specific factors outside of the control of successful individuals, created their success.
    If he said DIMINISHING RETURNS. that still means that people with 150 iq make on average less than people with 160 iq.

I can't get my hand on a good study now. I'm supposed to work. But I've read several papers suggesting that the 'diminishing returns' story is an exageration. There is a clear correlation with average iq and income. Though it's of course only a correlation. Billionaires are smarter than millionaires are smarter than ... etc. This correlation is present even in the extremely high iq range (again, I'll have to find the study later but I saw numbers for the 140-180+ iq ranges.

So perhaps 10 iq is 'more useful' between 90 and 100 than between 100 and 110. But that doesn't mean that somehow people with very high iqs are not still more successful on average.
    Also you have to remember that it's a matter of perspective. a 100-110 jump=10% more, a 150-160 jump = 6.66% more. So his 'diminishing' return effect might just be a failure at math.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

If he said DIMINISHING RETURNS. that still means that people with 150 iq make on average less than people with 160 iq.
    It actually said 130 makes more than 160, iirc. It was career choice among other things. But basically, it starts topping off at around 120 or so and then decline after a certain point.

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

It actually said 130 makes more than 160, iirc. It was career choice among other things. But basically, it starts topping off at around 120 or so and then decline after a certain point.
    While I've heard that before. I'm not sure if it's wholy supported by facts. It may be that I'm wrong though, if so i'll have to look into the methodology of the studies to get an idea of which is which.
    Do you have links to a study? or better yet a meta study

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

While I've heard that before. I'm not sure if it's wholy supported by facts. It may be that I'm wrong though, if so i'll have to look into the methodology of the studies to get an idea of which is which.
    Do you have links to a study? or better yet a meta study
    I don't own the book, but he is a meticulous researcher. You should be able to find the data.... read the book anyway....it really made the whole success thing look a lot more based upon seemingly random facts than on individual talent, focus, and desire.

-------------------

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    STP

That's because us "really" intelligent people know money doesn't matter much LMAO
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Amargith liked this post