User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I am a sensor, so I can't be sure you aren't joking, but... I find it strangely anti-type to see such a sense of superiority and have it so densely packed in so few words.
    Ahh, a sensor counter attack! Three against one eh? First off, I was being deadly serious.

The first part wasn't so much made in superiority, it was merely an observation. I've met many a sensor in my time and the "I have no clue what you just said but I'm going to humor you anyway" look occurs many a time. It isn't my fault if it goes over your heads!

I was unsure of the meaning of the second part as I interpreted it different ways. Were you expecting me to draw it out into a long diatribe and was surprised that I managed to sum it up in two sentences? Or are you implying that the manner how it is laid out makes said claim inaccurate?

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Try it. I've been wanting to test out my sense-fueled guerrilla tactics
    Eh? I wasn't implying slavery or anything you would need to go Rambo over. Just leave the government jobs for the EN types or something.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Ahh, a sensor counter attack! Three against one eh? First off, I was being deadly serious.
    Oh. That's kind of sad.

The first part wasn't so much made in superiority, it was merely an observation. I've met many a sensor in my time and the "I have no clue what you just said but I'm going to humor you anyway" look occurs many a time. It isn't my fault if it goes over your heads!
    Heh, observation. FWIW, you're getting the "I'm going to humor you anyway" right this moment.

I was unsure of the meaning of the second part as I interpreted it different ways. Were you expecting me to draw it out into a long diatribe and was surprised that I managed to sum it up in two sentences? Or are you implying that the manner how it is laid out makes said claim inaccurate?
    I didn't expect anything from you and nothing you said was factual; it was only meta-observation of your post. By anti-type, I meant I don't normally see INFPs with an overt sense of superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Oh. That's kind of sad.
    That is a shame.

Heh, observation. FWIW, you're getting the "I'm going to humor you anyway" right this moment.
    Thank you for humoring me but I assure you there is no need. Feel free to call me out on what you perceive as bullshit as you please when you please.

I didn't expect anything from you and nothing you said was factual; it was only meta-observation of your post. By anti-type, I meant I don't normally see INFPs with an overt sense of superiority.
    Any type can have a sense of superiority and my enneagram type are notorious for it. Anyway you perceived the original statement as a statement of superiority. Perhaps it was, perhaps not. Perhaps it was not a statement of type superiority but preference superiority. I could see my type as inferior to numerous other types who share the N preference. Perhaps it was mere an evaluation on perceived ways to increase effectiveness and minimise unseen repercussions when dealing with a system where preferences would allow a greater facility with, topped off with a bit of personal bias at the end just for the lulz. But then again, perhaps not.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Any type can have a sense of superiority and my enneagram type are notorious for it.
    Every type can be anything, if only for sub-trait drift. I see it as rare because I see overt superiority as anti-correlated along three dimensions (I-,N=, F-, P-). Or, if not, a close approximation of them. Even N, outside of knowing you are an N, is likely anti-correlated. Openness (FFM) tends to be, anyway.

Thank you for humoring me but I assure you there is no need. Feel free to call me out on what you perceive as bullshit as you please when you please.
    I don't see anything you said as bullshit; it's your opinion. Your subjective evaluation of what is important to you isn't in my realm to influence. More to the point, our overlap of concepts and ideals is small enough that we wouldn't reach a consensus inside that space.

Anyway you perceived the original statement as a statement of superiority. Perhaps it was, perhaps not. Perhaps it was not a statement of type superiority but preference superiority.
    I expect that it's an either/or in any case; the goal being superiority of any kind. (Pedantic note: The set "superiority" would include both "type superiority" and "preference superiority". It's not the type or preference superiority that I find remarkable, I've seen a lot worse and even more ingrained beliefs than this!)

I could see my type as inferior to numerous other types who share the N preference. Perhaps it was mere an evaluation on perceived ways to increase effectiveness and minimise unseen repercussions when dealing with a system where preferences would allow a greater facility with, topped off with a bit of personal bias at the end just for the lulz. But then again, perhaps not.
    You could or you do? You shouldn't, for your own benefit. The insecurity is no better (for you) than the superiority that is its counterpart (self-categorization of Ns, in your above quote).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    http://www.slayerment.com/blog/ns-are-smarter-ss-mbti

According to the above website, intuitive people are more intelligent than sensing people (like myself.) I also just got told by @The Great One that I am a sensing ass because I took something he said literally. I am tired of intuitives lording their higher positions in the social intellectual heirarchy and their supreme minds over us sensors!
    When did you decide you were an S? I thought you were INTP?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    OMG THIS THREAD IS NEW AND EXCITING AND NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE BY ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF TYPOLOGY WEBSITES WOW I AM SO GLAD I AM A GENIUS AND NOT A LAME S BUT THAT'S OK BECAUSE IF I WAS AN S I WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THIS THREAD SO ITS OK TO HURT S FEELINGS BECAUSE THEY WONT GET IT LOLOLOLOL THEY ARE TOO BUSY SURFING AND BAKING CUPCAKES.
    lmfao

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    612 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

^^^Haha! Also, necro thread.

Although I do have something to mention this time, just that my ESFP roommate is is very smart. She's 150% Se-dom, in fact I think she has some brain abnormality that makes her more in the moment than other Se-doms I've known. o___o But she is choosing between physics and computer science for her major, and she is very interested in and educated on social issues. I really admire her. ^___^
    EII
    supine

R|L|oAI
    neutral good
    intrapersonal intelligence

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I wanna be a sensor again - can I join can I join?!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ Still a Ne dom