User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

My intelligence is tied to comparison as all intelligence is.

So because of this I can say I am more stupid and more intelligent than many different individuals. But a group holds no sway in this arena.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

This is a large thread and my apologies for not having read through it. I do however say two things to the original poster - and I cannot stress these enough

• N types are more intellectual than S types
    • Intellect and intelligence *** are not the same thing ***

Intellect is about understanding complex concepts. S types couldn't be less interested in such things. Intelligence is about surviving in this world of ours. I suspect S types trump N types here.
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I did not bother to read anything about this thread, but there's good reasons that N is a more intelligent variant of the function S.

The best you can do (if you're S) is not to feel bad about it.There's so much more to the life than being smart.

Also, if you are much smarter than average S, you will be smarter than the N on average.

Don't whine in any case. None of us are holding you back.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I did not bother to read anything about this thread, but there's good reasons that N is a more intelligent variant of the function S.

The best you can do (if you're S) is not to feel bad about it.There's so much more to the life than being smart.

Also, if you are much smarter than average S, you will be smarter than the N on average.

Don't whine in any case. None of us are holding you back.
    ESTJ.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I read this a few months ago about MBTI and intelligence, though it looks like someone's blog, it was still a good read. It too says iNtuitives are at the top. >

http://politicsandprosperity.wordpre...and-happiness/

(I don't wholly agree with the political slant in that article)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    I read this a few months ago about MBTI and intelligence, though it looks like someone's blog, it was still a good read. It too says iNtuitives are at the top. >

http://politicsandprosperity.wordpre...and-happiness/

(I don't wholly agree with the political slant in that article)
    That person is an insufferable narcissist. It's palpable in the writing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

The writer might be, but my group was favorably mentioned and I thought that was nice.

There's a lot of things Sensors can do better than me, and even know more than me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The writer might be, but my group was favorably mentioned and I thought that was nice.
    Indeed, and your critical faculties were shut down forthwith!

There's a lot of things Sensors can do better than me, and even know more than me.
    How generous of you to say.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes, indeed. Thanks.

I'm related to a handful of ISTPs that I admire.

My great uncle J.C. is ISTP , still living at 86. Very intelligent and worked Civil Service for the Warner Robins AFB from 1959-89 in the sheet metal dept. He actually designed some sheet metal tools working as a sheet metal mechanic. I'm proud to be related to him.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I tend to turn every new problem I have to solve into a science. Even if its something easy like opening a bottle. I think of a formalized approach, I collect several ideas and possible solutions and vary them against each others, then I most often come up with a solution that will work but which is pretty complicated.

My gf on the other hand just takes the bottle, opens it up and thats it.

The problemn for me is that I do that in theory as well. So when faced with a math problem, I usually solve it, but on such a complicated way that I could have had it easier. Thats not really a talent and before math class hadnt gotten really abstract and complex in school and university, I pretty much tended to suck with math problems. Even small calculations like 7 + 3 I tend to answer with 9 or something, because I am scatterbrained and unfocussed.

I think that the lack of focus can be attributed to me having N as a primary function and that it would be the same for someone having S as a primary function. But the practical disability and the theorethical ability are the outcome of a learning process. I always was only emerged in school books, so how could I ever develop practical ability ? On the other hand many people with practical abilities often are bored sitting around in school, dwelling over theory so they quit it at some point and devote themselves to developing their practical abilities.

I think in that moment it becomes clear that mbti is a test about your personal preference.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]