User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What about hybrids btw. ? I mean we always assume that there are only S or N types, but regarding T and F we say that being borderline is possible. So how about someone who climbs Mount Everest and solves a 4th order polynom while climbing ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that @The Great One is just an ass?

Anyway Ive actually suspected him of being an especially annoying ESxP ANYWAY.

Furthermore John F. Kennedy and F. Scott Fitzgerald were both smarter than @The Great One and they were both xSTPs. Don't forget Ernest Hemingway.

In fact, can we just change the title of this thread to "let's laugh at @The Great One"?
    Ehm, apparently we didn't read the same thread. The Great One never said sensors were stupid. He called RaptorWizard a "sensing ass" for completely misunderstanding something he had said in an exchange instead of taking it for a metaphor. RW then misunderstood that as well and understood it to mean "you stupid sensor" (i.e. "you're stupid for being a sensor because sensors per se are stupid"). So that and the ridiculous website quoted inspired him to start this thread in protest. The Great One apperared and explained the misunderstanding. Everything peachy.

So I guess your calling him an ass and dedicating an entire post to how stupid and unlikable he is has reasons that go beyond this thread and have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

EDIT: By the way, I'm glad to see everybody is exchanging views in such a friendly, dignified and mature manner,,,it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    EDIT: By the way, I'm glad to see everybody is exchanging views in such a friendly, dignified and mature manner,,,it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!
    I tried to be dignified and reasonable, in my interactions with the author of the article (who was also calm/dignified)!

Still waiting on a response from him, though...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    What about hybrids btw. ? I mean we always assume that there are only S or N types, but regarding T and F we say that being borderline is possible. So how about someone who climbs Mount Everest and solves a 4th order polynom while climbing ?
    that's where Jung comes in...an ISTP would be more likely, for example, to do that because of Ti/Ni...but they wouldn't do it WHILE climbing that would be idiotic and potentially lead to injury, where good usage of Se would come in

INxPs have better Si than ENxPs. ISxPs have stronger Ni than ESxPs.

It is said that ISTPs are most frequently confused with NTs, ISFPs with NFs, and ENTJs with SJs. For whatever reason people say ENxPs are confused with SPs, but I honestly believe those are probably just intelligent ESxPs mistaking themselves for Ns because of the big lie that smart people are all Ns.

I mean your example about someone solving a problem just proves to me how skewed your own view of intelligence is. I insist that doing higher math while climbing would be stupid and potentially lead to death. Derp. Se fail.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I mean your example about someone solving a problem just proves to me how skewed your own view of intelligence is. I insist that doing higher math while climbing would be stupid and potentially lead to death. Derp. Se fail.
    I havent said that solving a problem or mathboy in my example means being intelligent. I mean people who are good at math are most often not intelligent, that, one can always be sure of.

I was more talking about beating the odds. I mean a stone thrown in the air, will fall to the ground if no opposing force is instilled. Thats a natural law. But that someone climbing a rock wouldnt solve a math equation because he is concentrated on climbing is no law. Cause its possible to beat that law. Same applies for Jungs types; they are no natural law, cause its always possible to beat them, if one just tries hard enough.

And here comes a problem. I remember reading sports interviews with racers, soccer players and mountain climbers. They were asked what they are thinking of when they achieve their highest performances. Most of them answer "Nothing, they aint thinking, they act on impulses, instincts and intuition." Some tho said, like Michael Schumacher, he sometimes is thinking, while racing about trivial things; like a grocery list or painting the house.

This phaenomenon is not too uncommon and it is a way of a prescindend thinking in the moment. That would be perfectly alignable with Jungs functions, cause it would roughly, in a 1st analysis, define the Se function as a form of action that requires no thinking. it would tho at the same hand define thinking as a function that requires no action. Therefore the two wouldnt need to be connected and you can basically have someone, achieving high Se performances, but thinking nothing... and getting bored because of that and to start thinking.

Thinking would herein describe the sole process, not the mbti function.

If you ponder about that, I wonder how many "men and woman of action" as in S people, had brilliant N insights while rubbing their balls. (figuratively spoken)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I tried to be dignified and reasonable, in my interactions with the author of the article (who was also calm/dignified)!

I don't know why you did! There's no point engaging an internet narcissist who's going to give nothing but elaborate rationalizations for his original position, if anything at all. I wouldn't waste my energy or politeness reserves.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Have you considered the possibility that @The Great One is just an ass?

Anyway Ive actually suspected him of being an especially annoying ESxP ANYWAY.

Furthermore John F. Kennedy and F. Scott Fitzgerald were both smarter than @The Great One and they were both xSTPs. Don't forget Ernest Hemingway.

In fact, can we just change the title of this thread to "let's laugh at @The Great One"?
    I made The Great One famous!

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

He did respond to me and called me an INTP. The fact that he called me an INTP is somewhat worrying.

Ironically he seems to have completely missed the point which is that I was criticising his blog.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Marmie Dearest

1. I'm not going to report you for saying that I'm an ass because you didn't report me for sexually harassing you. So I'm just calling it even.
    2. How the fuck did you get ESFP? I'm pretty sure that if I was an ESFP, then you and I would be getting along with one another cuz we have the same cognitive functions.
    3. My Se isn't that great and I have like zero awareness of my outer surroundings.
    4. No one else supports your theory that I'm an ESFP.

@Red Herring

Thank you so much for clarifying that. If you were here right now I'd give you a hug.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I don't know why you did! There's no point engaging an internet narcissist who's going to give nothing but elaborate rationalizations for his original position, if anything at all. I wouldn't waste my energy or politeness reserves.
    Although I seriously judged his methods from the very beginning, I didn't want to judge him personally until I found out what his motivations were. But now I've given up. I did so after he essentially said that he wanted to educate without sounding educated -- and that he didn't have any respect for scientific/scholarly writing styles. I figured, hey, if you want to sound like an amateur for the rest of your life, be my guest. But I'm still glad I said something.
    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    He did respond to me and called me an INTP. The fact that he called me an INTP is somewhat worrying.

Ironically he seems to have completely missed the point which is that I was criticising his blog.
    You were logical, and therefore you're an INTP.
    As if he didn't sound amateurish before!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!