User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I have a pesonal belief that dogs and higher developed animals (monkeys dolphins ?) also do. Dogs moreso then any other animal. This would be because the amount of interaction and the symbiotic relationship dogs have with humans. It is quite easy to type dogs using the temperaments. Also certain breeds tend to be certain types more often. Example. Guard dogs. What type is a gaurdian, the SJ. Then you have your hunting dogs...SP's. Etc. There is a type of dog for each temperament. The guardians (SJ) the hunter gatherer (SP) the philosopher (NT) and the prophet (NF).
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP

Hmm.

My black hamster: ENFP, He licks me all the time but he doesn't let me grab him. Once held though, he's pretty friendly. He also doesn't seem to understand how to get thorough obstacles at times. He'll just push things around until something happens. Very curious little thing too.

Beige hamster: ESTP, is usually fighting with my black hamster. Knows how to get over the bars and stuff and loves to run in her ball.

LOL, I'm only guessing though...
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Leysing View Post
    Of course, animals can't be typed by means of MBTI because of the possible lack of consciousness. (This depends on the species, though. Chimps are considered conscious. And we are animals as well.)

Ivan Pavlov, however, noticed that dogs do have different temperaments.
    The dog temperaments
    as far as dogs having different temperaments...i would 100% agree

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Pavlov was using the old temperament theory, which seems to correspond more with what in 16types theory would be the Interaction Styles. Passivity would be E/I; Extremeness would be directing/informing, but of course, not literally in the "communication" sense, but rather the "responsiveness", which is another name for that factor. The conative grouping (SJ/SP/NF/NF) is what dogs would not have. So they can have the four basic temperaments, but not 16 types.

Also, many have made a distinction between what they call "soulish" animals, which would be the ones more like us. The mammals I know; and I forget where the line is drawn, but bugs and lower stuff like that would be outside of that category. Probably any animal that seems to have emotions.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

My thought is that maybe dogs, because they have an almost symbiotic relationship with man, would mimick and pick up on human emotion. Dogs look to humans for help. I saw a documentary with dogs and wolves once and to cut to the point, the dogs would look to humans for help when in need while wolves would try to solve the problem themselves.

Interesting stuff.

Mahatma Gandhi