User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Of course animals have types. Haven't you ever debated philosophy with bear or politics with a camel before?
    Yes, one time in college. Someone made me some mushrooms to eat, but they were really undercooked and tasted pretty bad. Got stuck in my teeth a lot., too Let me tell you: camels are sharper than you'd think, and they have great taste in music. Or maybe it's just the purple ones with the melty faces. I was disappointed by the camel's hawkishness on the war, but I imagine he's been jaded on diplomacy by seeing years of seemingly endless violence in the Middle East.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

From a vague recollection of a discussion on another thread a while back... Can it not be argued that animals can also be either intuitive/sensing?

Naturally, the definitions would be different, simpler, but why is it that some animals seem to have a 'sixth sense' and just 'know' things? Could that be a version of intuition?

Oh, and my giant cat is such an ISFP.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I swear, my cat Peaches is an ISTJ. My dog was an ISFJ, and so was my horse. We have only one intuitive animal and she's a dingaling. lol
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I used to have a cat called Peaches! She may have even been an ISTJ, too.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

that's what I've always though:

My Dog, Molly, is an ESFP, and I love her soo much

My cat, TinkerBell is an ENTJ, he's a cute cat

My other cat, Noel is an INTJ, and I don't see much of him, he's usually off hunting..

But yes, that's what I have always imagined, well, I've always thought that everything, even objects, have personalities, and humans are just to impatient to see..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Xavier View Post
    I have a pet parrot who acts sort of like an ENFJ and an INTPish ferret. Do animals have MBTI types? They have brains just like people, so I would think that they would; then again, their minds work differently. Or perhaps the smarter creatures have types(I can hardly picture typing a snail or a housefly). What do you think?
    Snail = INFP

Seriously though, my old neighbor had one dog that was INFP and another that was ESTP, and I was certain of it. When he used the same methods to discipline both, the INFP dog was traumatized and the ESTP dog ignored it. The INFP dog was very sensitive and needed a lot of validation. It didn't always follow the rules despite its desire to please, and seemed to be lost in daydreams half of the time. The ESTP dog was so fearless that he jumped off of a second-story deck just for fun. He never obeyed a single command and no amount of yelling, scolding, rolled up newspapers or shock collars would phase him. He lived for adventure and liked to get in fights with other dogs.

MBTI
    istp

Indian Rhinoceros:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    This prehistoric-looking rhinoceros has thick, silver-brown skin which becomes pinkish near the large skin folds that cover its body. Males develop thick neck-folds. Its upper legs and shoulders are covered in wart-like bumps. It has very little body hair, aside from eyelashes, ear-fringes and tail-brush.

Dominant males tolerate males passing through their territory except when they are in mating season, when dangerous fights break out. They are active at night and early morning. They spend the middle of the day wallowing in lakes, rivers, ponds, and puddles to cool down. They are extremely good swimmers.

At least ten distinct vocalizations have been identified: snorting, honking, bleating, roaring, squeak-panting, moo-grunting, shrieking, groaning, rumbling and humphing. In addition to noises, the rhino uses olfactory communication. Adult males urinate backwards, as far as 34 meters behind them, often in response to being disturbed by observers.

Rhinos will playfully spar, run around, and play with twigs in their mouth. Adult males are the primary instigators in fights. Fights between dominant males are the most common cause of rhino mortality, and males are also very aggressive toward females during courtship. Males will chase females over long distances and even attack them face-to-face.
    These ISTP descriptions are getting out of hand.
    No offense.

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Animals aren't even conscious - we project our consciousness onto them.

We project our consciousness onto Mickey Mouse even though we know he is not conscious - he just looks conscious. In the same way, we project our consciousness onto our pets because they just look conscious.

So how natural for us to project our personalities onto our pets.

And we reach the height of absurdity when we assign personality types to animals.

As far as I know, no psychometrician would even dream of writing a personality test for an animal.

MBTI
    FiSi

Of course, animals can't be typed by means of MBTI because of the possible lack of consciousness. (This depends on the species, though. Chimps are considered conscious. And we are animals as well.)

Ivan Pavlov, however, noticed that dogs do have different temperaments.
    The dog temperaments

MBTI
    INFJ

I've always been say that animals have types.

Besides what religion tells us, I think they do have souls too. Ever looked into their eyes? When it looks like they are sort of crying and trying to tell us something. I think animals are just as complex as humans are.

Pet fish: ISFJ
    My friend's cat: INTP
    Brother's dog: INFP & INFP
    The guard dog: ESTP
    Friend's dog: ENTJ
    Hamsters: ENTP & INFJ

Just listing the animals I know.