User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think learning and practicing mathematics is the surest way to develop Ti. Alternatively I'd think that studying philosophy is also a pretty good method as long as you steer clear of certain philosophers like Nietzsche and Ayn Rand.
    You know what I have to say here: math (as in 'counting' or 'measuring') is usually an extraverted thinking activity

As for philosophy, yes! Read some Kant for Ti.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well then, in terms of the dominant and auxiliary, the LESS differentiated process is more apparent to the self. Basically, I don't see these two ideas (Lenore+Beebe "vs." Jung) as contradictory. The auxiliary function is probably acually the easiest one to control because it can be used but also ignored. (it's almost impossible to shut off the dominant function).

MBTI
    INFP

Ne

I enjoy being overwhelmed by grocery stores - so many choices/combinations, so little time. Everything looks good.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Ne

I enjoy being overwhelmed by grocery stores - so many choices/combinations, so little time. Everything looks good.
    Cute! Good illustration.

Fi (my Dominant) is like a slow grind. I test and ruminate carefully before coming to judgment.

Ne (my Auxiliary), on the other hand, is like a fast tennis game played close up on the net, or a fast run down a ski slope with lots of obstacles. It's like relying on my wits and instinct, throwing caution to the wind.

IRL, I enjoy a fast, wide-ranging debate with Ne-dominant ENFPs or ENTPs. But if it goes on too long, I get feeling a little wrung out and irritable. They can keep Ne-ing forever; whereas I start burning out and begin delving into my Fi to get on surer ground (which confuses them--they want to know why I'm suddenly getting hung up on some small point).

MBTI
    ENTP

Both of those Ne descriptions sound more like Se

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Both of those Ne descriptions sound more like Se
    Those were Se-based similes to help describe the exhilaration that Ne can occasion: It's like a fast tennis game or a downhill ski run.

OTOH, I described the actual experience of using Ne in the passage about debating with ENFPs and ENTPs.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    You know what I have to say here: math (as in 'counting' or 'measuring') is usually an extraverted thinking activity

As for philosophy, yes! Read some Kant for Ti.
    Counting and measuring really are more related to science than math. You will perform activities like that much more often in a laboratory, than solving problems with a pencil and paper. When it comes to purely solving problems or performing logical proofs, Ti is what gets used. So I would say study science to develop Te and math to develop Ti.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

^ agreed more or less

The scientific method used to conduct experiments is Te in its most rigid form. Drawing conclusions and understanding theories behind science, however, is Ti.