• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni-dom and the Suspension of Disbelief (Question)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't rate the movie in that particular comment, so it can't be a non sequitur.
I meant from your posts on the thread, as a whole. The themes I was noticing.
But implying that a movie can't be objectively good or bad is a separate argument. My original question relies on the assumption that Avatar is objectively bad, not subjectively bad. Even if you can't grant me that assumption, that doesn't mean my question falls apart. You can see above that my question can survive without any reference to a bad movie such as Avatar.
Okay, that works better then. I think more people would have posted on this thread if you hadn't used a movie example -- probably because they, like me, would have gotten stuck on the "he thinks movies are objectively bad!" thing.

I still maintain that you answered your thread's own question, here:
The nature of Ni dominant is to have a great appreciation for the possible. Whereas its opposite, Se, has a great appreciation for the actual. Fiction stories are rife with possibilities. If they weren't at least possible realities, they wouldn't make for very believable fiction stories.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I meant from your posts on the thread, as a whole. The themes I was noticing.

Water under the bridge.

Okay, that works better then. I think more people would have posted on this thread if you hadn't used a movie example -- probably because they, like me, would have gotten stuck on the "he thinks movies are objectively bad!" thing.

I still maintain that you answered your thread's own question, here:

Well great, that's why I come here: to answer my own questions. And stuff.