MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    - anime glorifies INTJs
    Who are some of these glorified INTJs from anime?

I can only think of Gandalf, except he is not even anime lol.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Who are some of these glorified INTJs from anime?
    I can only think of Gandalf, except he is not even anime lol.
    off the top of my head
    - Light Yagami (Death Note) INTJ 3w4 Sp/Sx
    - Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) INTJ 8w7 Sx/Sp
    - Sephiroth (Final Fantasy) INTJ 3w4 or 8w9 Sp/Sx
    - Sesshomaru (Inuyasha) INTJ 8w9 Sp/Sx
    - Kamui (X/1999) INTJ 6w5 Sx/Sp
    - Kyoya (Ouran Host Club) INTJ 3w4 Sp/So
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes, that's a common phenomenon. But what does it mean when the shit that sucks, such as the Pandoraverse, mentally traps people in the alternate Hollywood realm?
    Okay, I think your thread was named incorrectly, because what you're asking really isn't "Why do Ni-doms suspend their disbelief?", but "Why do Ni-doms watch movies that I don't like?"

I'm pretty sure there are some Ti-doms out there that also watch movies that you don't like. And I'm pretty sure that the bolded is subjective to the point of being impossible to discuss.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Okay, I think your thread was named incorrectly, because what you're asking really isn't "Why do Ni-doms suspend their disbelief?", but "Why do Ni-doms watch movies that I don't like?"

I'm pretty sure there are some Ti-doms out there that also watch movies that you don't like. And I'm pretty sure that the bolded is subjective to the point of being impossible to discuss.
    Only if you completely mischaracterize it by putting in words such as ALL INTJs (Ni-doms) and NO INTPS. In other words, ideas that I didn't express.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Only if you completely mischaracterize it by putting in words such as ALL INTJs (Ni-doms) and NO INTPS. In other words, ideas that I didn't express.
    Okay.

Then here's my answer: All types have the potential to suspend disbelief. My example of Ti-doms was chosen because you're a Ti-dom, but since it turns out you aren't excluding all the types, then I'll say that people suspend disbelief for universal human reasons.

People of all types like shitty movies. In my opinion, Ni-dom reasons for suspending disbelief are the same as the general human reasons for doing so, e.g. escapism. And I'm guessing you don't agree with me, or else you wouldn't have made the thread.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Okay.

Then here's my answer: All types have the potential to suspend disbelief. My example of Ti-doms was chosen because you're a Ti-dom, but since it turns out you aren't excluding all the types, then I'll say that people suspend disbelief for universal human reasons.

People of all types like shitty movies. In my opinion, Ni-dom reasons for suspending disbelief are the same as the general human reasons for doing so, e.g. escapism. And I'm guessing you don't agree with me, or else you wouldn't have made the thread.
    The nature of Ni dominant is to have a great appreciation for the possible. Whereas its opposite, Se, has a great appreciation for the actual. Fiction stories are rife with possibilities. If they weren't at least possible realities, they wouldn't make for very believable fiction stories. I agree we all allow ourselves to be sucked into a story in order to get some entertainment value out of it. But not to the point of losing touch with reality.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

The nature of Ni dominant is to have a great appreciation for the possible. Whereas its opposite, Se, has a great appreciation for the actual. Fiction stories are rife with possibilities. If they weren't at least possible realities, they wouldn't make for very believable fiction stories. I agree we all allow ourselves to be sucked into a story in order to get some entertainment value out of it. But not to the point of losing touch with reality.
    I think you may have just answered your own question, Mal. Most of this post could be used as an easy and clear answer to your question.

But the last two sentences (bolded) are a complete non sequitur. Losing touch with reality? Do you mean, the reality of how stupid the movies they like are? Because, again, that's so subjective that it takes the entire conversation to a halt, unless you don't mean "stupid" but instead mean something that can be objectively agreed upon from the plot of "Avatar".

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think you may have just answered your own question, Mal. Most of this post could be used as an easy and clear answer to your question.

But the last two sentences (bolded) are a complete non sequitur. Losing touch with reality? Do you mean, the reality of how stupid the movies they like are? Because, again, that's so subjective that it takes the entire conversation to a halt, unless you don't mean "stupid" but instead mean something that can be objectively agreed upon from the plot of "Avatar".
    I didn't rate the movie in that particular comment, so it can't be a non sequitur. But implying that a movie can't be objectively good or bad is a separate argument. My original question relies on the assumption that Avatar is objectively bad, not subjectively bad. Even if you can't grant me that assumption, that doesn't mean my question falls apart. You can see above that my question can survive without any reference to a bad movie such as Avatar.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Why is it that I cannot get the term 'confirmation bias' out of my head while reading through this thread?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Why is it that I cannot get the term 'confirmation bias' out of my head while reading through this thread?
    OCD?