First 1234 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Oh, Mal. You and your faulty assumptions.

I was THE ONLY ONE I KNEW that wasn't enraptured with Avatar, and downright disliked it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Clearly they are just silly, irrational people without the capacity for intelligent evaluation.

I know for a fact that I have an obsession for raggedy ann bordering on the erotic.
    Now that I look back at the OP a few hours later, I think maybe I didn't make my question clear enough. INTJ has its rational and irrational side, that's a known fact about any type. The rational side(s) may be strongly developed, but the irrational side dominates. They can both be active at the same time. But at times the rational side relinquishes its focus, and then the Ni-dom mentally appears to go off into another realm.

Books and movies, sometimes music, are attractive nuisances which distract the Ni-dom types. They may not see them as nuisances. But to me it's a nuisance, indirectly.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Oh, Mal. You and your faulty assumptions.

I was THE ONLY ONE I KNEW that wasn't enraptured with Avatar, and downright disliked it.
    That's good, but I'm not assuming anything about any particular person. I'm just referring to the suspension of disbelief. And how potent this ability must be when confronted with, let's say, as pathetic a movie as Avatar, or whatever one's favorite movie may be.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

So, perhaps a thread (there prolly is one) about what type is more able to suspend their disbelief. ? I seem to remember seeing that around here in the not-to-distant past...

I'm pretty cynical myself. I doubt I could be hypnotized, for example. And I do not buy into conspiracy theories....unless confronted with evidence to the contrary.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Now that I look back at the OP a few hours later, I think maybe I didn't make my question clear enough. INTJ has its rational and irrational side, that's a known fact about any type. The rational side(s) may be strongly developed, but the irrational side dominates. They can both be active at the same time. But at times the rational side relinquishes its focus, and then the Ni-dom mentally appears to go off into another realm.

Books and movies, sometimes music, are attractive nuisances which distract the Ni-dom types. They may not see them as nuisances. But to me it's a nuisance, indirectly.
    No I understand that.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    So, perhaps a thread (there prolly is one) about what type is more able to suspend their disbelief. ? I seem to remember seeing that around here in the not-to-distant past...

I'm pretty cynical myself. I doubt I could be hypnotized, for example. And I do not buy into conspiracy theories....unless confronted with evidence to the contrary.
    I don't even consider this an ability that needs to be willed into action, the dominant function kicks into action all the time. I'm talking about how easy it is for the Ni-dom to get sucked into an alternate reality, just as a matter of course, if the object of attention is attractive enough. The "Avatar" movie and the "Avatar withdrawal" phenomenon provide an excellent example of this.

I don't know what that has to do with conspiracy theories.

Im still waiting for the penny to drop on Mal's head....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Im still waiting for the penny to drop on Mal's head....
    Is that like the proverbial light-bulb over the head?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Is that like the proverbial light-bulb over the head?
    Yeah but it dings a bit more.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

This from the guy who debated an estp for 20 pages on the type of yoda! Lol
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.