User Tag List

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Lightbulb UniqueMixture's mbti (theory and or type)

What if instead of taking the cognitive functions results and conforming them to a type, why not just see the person as a unique type with functional usage in proportion by the test's metric?

So for example my type would be primary Ne/Se with secondary Fi/Ti this makes a lot more sense than squeezing into a type that doesn't conform to who you are.

What type would you be under this system? What is my mbti type?
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

True. But it makes it harder to understand when you want a formula.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

garbage

Your type would, I guess, be PeJi, or ExxP. If I didn't lock myself into a box, I'd regard myself as NxJe. Maybe those are good enough answers.

The system we tend to use has rules such as, "welp, if your dominant is extroverted, then your secondary is introverted" or "you 'have' Fi but not Fe." Sometimes, when we try to explain personalities with overly strict rules, we get nearly meaningless results and make baseless inferences.

I'm all for more flexible, trait-based systems. If we're going to try to use a model to explain and predict aspects of our world (e.g. the people around us), we may as well get ourselves a good, valid model first.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I would be ne/fi ni/fe

I think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    True. But it makes it harder to understand when you want a formula.
    Formula you say?

Intj = infj with less oxytocin = istj with lower serotonin = intp with more strict parenting style = entj with less confidence = etc etc

The way to transition between types is to feel as they do. The way to feel as they do is to adopt their behavior, their posture, their patterns of speech, their media intake, their life pattern.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Formula you say?

Intj = infj with less oxytocin = istj with lower serotonin = intp with more strict parenting style = entj with less confidence = etc etc

The way to transition between types is to feel as they do. The way to feel as they do is to adopt their behavior, their posture, their patterns of speech, their media intake, their life pattern.

Pretty good! I can't disagree too much with your first statement.

But I meant a quick and dirty guide. Of course, chances are if you know the basic differences between the 16 different types, you could just as easily learn the primary cognitive function duals.... Still MBTI makes it easier and tells you a bit more with the 4 preferences versus the primary/aux cog functions, don't you think.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Not in my opinion. I think Te for example represents too many things. Examples include a certain kind of brain style, interest in economics, being boring, making quick descisions without thinking, heirarchical thinking, etc. A lot of these interpretations overlap with other symbols on the function map (Te in mbti is undistinguishable from Tj for example).

I guess I see typology as a sort of "universal translator" that I use to translate my thoughts from internal individual language (that I believe we all have) to the braina franca of reality lol.

The interesting thing is I think as a forum we do tend to agree on certain definitions more or less which is how we talk about these things. Basically we take all the people who claim to be a certain type and find the similarities between them. Other types are defined as "not that." Theory is used for the "rare" types (on forums such as these) like esfps. If you meet enough of all the types though you see the similarities between all the types. For example, I think most people can see the similarities between say an esfp and an enfp, but few people see the similarities between say entjs and isfps.