First 234

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Actually, having inspected this in more detail, I retract my Bartle comments -- except insofar as I've mused about its relationship with Keirsey types in the other thread. I was led off path by some incidental factors.

Nothing to see here! Never mind.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I saw Helen Fisher speak at a corporate meeting today. Apparently, the terms have changed - at least those she uses with a business audience:

Driver (Director?) = NT - strategic intelligence
    Pioneer (Explorer?) = SP - tactical intelligence
    Catalyst (Negotiator?) = NF- diplomatic intelligence
    Steward (Builder?) = SJ - logistical intelligence

That's how I interpret it anyway. All of the words are her words except for the temperaments of NT/SP/NF/SJ. It sounds like repackaged MBTI/Kiersey stuff. The one difference though is that she says we have all these types in us but some are preferred over others - but that we use all. It is somewhat like saying there is some sort of function order but not exactly the same. So, you could be 40% driver, 35% builder, 10% catalyst and 15% pioneer. You "use all your functions" but not all have the same preference. .

I didn't take the quiz for this meeting exercise but last time I took it, I was a DRIVER first and steward second (sort of like D and C in DISC).

Edit: Hundreds of my peers sitting in a meeting listening to an "expert" present about a personality typing framework made popular by a dating site (match.com), with discussion on how it can be used to understand others better. Amazing.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

You scored: 32 as Explorer, 19 as Builder, 18 as Director, 37 as Negotiator.

big surprise there.

apparently i match best with director-negotiator. i need to think about that one.

ps - the terms "Builder" and "Director" seem like they should be switched to me. because someone who builds is really into how things work (NT) whereas a director is more interested in order... like an SJ... oh well, semantics

You scored: 22 as Explorer, 20 as Builder, 16 as Director, 34 as Negotiator.

You scored: 16 as Explorer, 20 as Builder, 16 as Director, 30 as Negotiator.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I'm kind of an Explorer-Director blend

more like Explorer would be what I really am, but everyone likes Directors more
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You scored: 24 as Explorer, 25 as Builder, 27 as Director, 32 as Negotiator.

Use your two highest scores as your dominant personality type. For example, if you scored highest as a Director and an Explorer, you are a DIRECTOR/Explorer.
    If you are a female and scored high as a NEGOTIATOR, we are very complementary...let's talk! I am a DIRECTOR/Explorer type. A DIRECTOR type may also be compatible.
    -------------------------
    According to Dr. Fisher, some of the traits of these four types are as follows:
    Explorers tend to regard courting as entertainment.They are highly sensitive to the world around them and like the pleasures of the senses. They want someone to go adventuring with them--a playmate.It is easy for them to laugh at themselves. They entertain, even perform. They like music that is intense and complicated. Most have a good deal of experience at dating. They are good at listening and talking. They find self-disclosure difficult. Their attitude toward sex is relaxed. Explorers trust their impulses.

Builders take courtship seriously and believe in good manners, courtesy, etc. Dating is a social activity. They tend to think concretely; like and trust facts. They are cautious and don't choose a partner impulsively. Often uncomfortable with "drama" and can appear unromantic but are dependable and have clear-cut values. They enjoy doing things as a couple within a larger group of friends...they want to belong. Are likely to be the least sexual of the four types. Builders trust their values.

Directors consider dating an expenditure of time and energy. They seek a "mind mate". Are forthright and tend to make decisions quickly. They seek mates who are emotionally expressive, flexible, and have difficulty dealing with "controlling" people. Many have had little dating experience in their youth. They have a take-charge style. Generally have only a few serious relationships before they marry, don't defect easily once they have decided to build a partnership. Their ring fingers are usually at least as long, or longer than their index fingers! They have a high sex drive. Directors trust their logic.

Negotiators seek the ideal partner: someone with whom they can make an intensely intimate, deeply meaningful, inspiring and spiritual connection. They are popular with all types because they are flexible, appreciative, affectionate, good at reading other's thoughts and feelings, empathetic and superb at expressing their own ideas and emotions. Prefer to go out with one person at a time, and to avoid social events when getting to know someone. Can be deeply hurt by rejection. They are the most romantic of the four types. They are more complex than they often seem. Their ring fingers are usually shorter than their index fingers! Sex is an essential part of a partnership but must be mixed with romance, communication and emotional intimacy: sex and love are intertwined. They have a rich fantasy life, which can be tarnished if become disillusioned with their partner's imperfections. Negotiators trust their intuition.

Your Analysis (Vertical line = Average)

• You scored 24% on Explorer, higher than 33% of your peers.

• You scored 25% on Builder, higher than 56% of your peers.

• You scored 27% on Director, higher than 56% of your peers.

• You scored 32% on Negotiator, higher than 70% of your peers.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

You scored: 15 as Explorer, 22 as Builder, 27 as Director, 20 as Negotiator.

So that makes me a DIRECTOR/Builder.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ENXP

Well, OK, I admit: It's interesting to look at this stuff in terms of chemicals, mainly because that means you can afflict your personality differently if you do the right things.

It's not (overly) tough to increase dopamine and/or testosterone levels, for instance. Serotonin and Estrogen, I'm not as sure.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    I've found a link for this test online: OkCupid.com: Take Why You? Why Me? Test

You scored: 13 as Explorer, 26 as Builder, 26 as Director, 15 as Negotiator.

According to Dr. Fisher, some of the traits of these four types are as follows:

Explorers tend to regard courting as entertainment.They are highly sensitive to the world around them and like the pleasures of the senses. They want someone to go adventuring with them--a playmate.It is easy for them to laugh at themselves. They entertain, even perform. They like music that is intense and complicated. Most have a good deal of experience at dating. They are good at listening and talking. They find self-disclosure difficult. Their attitude toward sex is relaxed. Explorers trust their impulses.

Builders take courtship seriously and believe in good manners, courtesy, etc. Dating is a social activity. They tend to think concretely; like and trust facts. They are cautious and don't choose a partner impulsively. Often uncomfortable with "drama" and can appear unromantic but are dependable and have clear-cut values. They enjoy doing things as a couple within a larger group of friends...they want to belong. Are likely to be the least sexual of the four types. Builders trust their values.

Directors consider dating an expenditure of time and energy. They seek a "mind mate". Are forthright and tend to make decisions quickly. They seek mates who are emotionally expressive, flexible, and have difficulty dealing with "controlling" people. Many have had little dating experience in their youth. They have a take-charge style. Generally have only a few serious relationships before they marry, don't defect easily once they have decided to build a partnership. Their ring fingers are usually at least as long, or longer than their index fingers! They have a high sex drive. Directors trust their logic.

Negotiators seek the ideal partner: someone with whom they can make an intensely intimate, deeply meaningful, inspiring and spiritual connection. They are popular with all types because they are flexible, appreciative, affectionate, good at reading other's thoughts and feelings, empathetic and superb at expressing their own ideas and emotions. Prefer to go out with one person at a time, and to avoid social events when getting to know someone. Can be deeply hurt by rejection. They are the most romantic of the four types. They are more complex than they often seem. Their ring fingers are usually shorter than their index fingers! Sex is an essential part of a partnership but must be mixed with romance, communication and emotional intimacy: sex and love are intertwined. They have a rich fantasy life, which can be tarnished if become disillusioned with their partner's imperfections. Negotiators trust their intuition.

In a mate choice study, Dr. Fisher found people were attracted by whom they chose to meet for a first date as follows:

Female Male

Explorers - Explorers

Builders - Builders

Directors - Negotiators

Negotiators - Directors
    I think this works much better as a way to choose a partner than a personality thing (In that respect it's quite limited). Anyway, here's my result.

You scored:
    20 as Explorer,
    22 as Builder,
    31 as Director,
    32 as Negotiator.

I still don't agree with this, really, particularly the director thing, which seems very EXTJ. I got it because I think about things before I do them and because I am logical. The fact that my highest was negotiator fits in well with my earlier post on being an emotional T. I had a feeling I'd get that. It's basically my ideal partner style. But it fails as a personality analyser.