First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

You could have a strong tertiary Fe.
    Also, the crab thing could be "right-brain alternative Crow's Nest" Fi. I relate to that too, and Feeling is even lower (inferior) for me. Notice how it is a really negative situation. Not your normal perspective, but it does reflect Ti, because it is Ti that would recognize the technical commonality of you and another living thing, and then the humane part of it kicks in, and you can personally relate to it. This part of it is not conscious, but just pops up in a situation like that.

As for ENFJ, that type is "directive" ("In Charge" Interaction Style), and from what I see, you don't seem directive.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that I am ENTP, but there's just one thing that makes no sense to me: I seem to use way more Fe than Ti. I don't think anyone has ever seen me and thought that I was a T. If you asked 90% of people that know me whether I am an thinker or feeler they would say feeler. For instance, ever since I can remember I have always been able to feel the emotions of others very strongly. Up until I went into sales a few years ago, I was a very easy person to take advantage of. I just felt so bad for others that I just felt like I had a natural inclination to take care of them. Care taking and just making others feel good just feels so natural to me. I think that the worst thing in life to me is seeing others hurt. I just really can't stand it.

One thing that really illustrates this point is back when I used to work in an Asian restaurant. They used to boil crabs alive in that restaurant and you could hear the things screaming. It was so awful to me, and I could barely stand it. I don't know why but it was like seeing the crab suffer made me suffer as well. Also, I seriously thought about taking a career as a criminal justice lawyer, because I am pretty damn good at stating my case and manipulating people and large crowds in particular. However, I later reconsidered because I know that I would have to defend people that I knew were guilty. Now if it was a crime that was stupid to me like selling pot, I probably wouldn't really give a damn because to me I can't really see it hurting that many people. However, if I had to defend someone that I knew raped a poor innocent woman for instance it would really bother me. I would view it as helping a man to get out of a horrible crime that hurt a woman. Things that others would consider immoral don't really bother me unless they hurt people: when things hurt people I have a big problem with them.

Also, I tend to adapt to my surroundings and can instantly know how others are feeling about me. Now because I automatically know how others feel about me, it feels really awesome to go into a room where I know that others love me. Plus, the opposite is true as well: when I go to a place where others hate me, I almost can't live with myself. However I should also point out that I don't do the Fi thing and stay true to who I am, often times I will change and my personality will change in order to fit the the crowd I am with. In fact often times I can even come off as fake. Doesn't this seem more Fe dom to you guys?
    what you said here about feeling the pain of others is empathy, it happens because you are mirroring others and when you are mirroring someone(or something like a crab) who is in pain, you feel their pain. ENFPs are the type that tends to mirror others the most. this isnt really function related, all types are capable of doing this, but ENFPs do this the most in general(some people with type thats notoriously bad at this might do this more than some ENFP), next INFPs, then INFJs i think, so its not Fe that you are seeing here.

this adaptation to the needs of the world is called persona, its not the real personality, but comes from the greek(or was it latin?) word meaning mask of an actor(in old days theater actors wore a mask), which kinda explains what its about, its a compromise between your needs and the needs of the world. this also is not a type related, except that persona is an act of extraversion, so extraverts tend to wear this sort of mask more often and tend not be so in tune with the real internal self, except when getting older. but from what i have observed(from one ENTP and few ENFPs irl and many of them online), young ENFPs tend to use this sort of mask more, since they are more agreeable to the needs of external world, thus adjust more easier and compromising more with this than ENTPs, while ENTPs seem to have this "i dont really care all that much" attitude, but not sending out negative vibes either. but when it comes to relationships, it seems that ENTPs are way more willing to adjust to just about anything, while ENFPs need to stay more true to themselves. with friends and other acquaintances, if you adjust to your surroundings, its not so much about sacrificing your true self so much, its more about being agreeable with stuff that are less important than being able to have fun. naturally this would be different if the activity would be hunting with an ENFP who is vegetarian, because he doesent want to kill animals for his own pleasure, then it would be about sacrificing true self in order to adjust to surroundings, but more often activities you do with your friends arent like this.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Doctorjuice and @Eric B

I really appreciate you guys trying to help me figure out my type and/or functions. Now I'm thinking that I could possibly be mistaking Fe for Fi + a social variant and my Ni for Ne + Ti, or my Ne for Ni + Se. Now Eric B said that if he sees a person speak he can easily differentiate Se from Ne, and Ti from Fi. Therefore I made a second video of myself answering general typing questions. Now the video is somewhat long (8 minutes) so be forewarned. But, I think this should help. Also please note that my room mates were sleeping when I made this video so I kind of had to speak softly, so turn up volume on your computer so that you can hear me. Here is the video....

http://youtu.be/Gv626VFxCVA

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Now Eric B said that if he sees a person speak he can easily differentiate Se from Ne, and Ti from Fi.
    Where'd I say that?
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

@Eric B

@Kasper

@Doctorjuice

Everyone keeps saying that I am ENTP, but there's just one thing that makes no sense to me: I seem to use way more Fe than Ti. I don't think anyone has ever seen me and thought that I was a T. If you asked 90% of people that know me whether I am an thinker or feeler they would say feeler. For instance, ever since I can remember I have always been able to feel the emotions of others very strongly. Up until I went into sales a few years ago, I was a very easy person to take advantage of. I just felt so bad for others that I just felt like I had a natural inclination to take care of them. Care taking and just making others feel good just feels so natural to me. I think that the worst thing in life to me is seeing others hurt. I just really can't stand it.

One thing that really illustrates this point is back when I used to work in an Asian restaurant. They used to boil crabs alive in that restaurant and you could hear the things screaming. It was so awful to me, and I could barely stand it. I don't know why but it was like seeing the crab suffer made me suffer as well. Also, I seriously thought about taking a career as a criminal justice lawyer, because I am pretty damn good at stating my case and manipulating people and large crowds in particular. However, I later reconsidered because I know that I would have to defend people that I knew were guilty. Now if it was a crime that was stupid to me like selling pot, I probably wouldn't really give a damn because to me I can't really see it hurting that many people. However, if I had to defend someone that I knew raped a poor innocent woman for instance it would really bother me. I would view it as helping a man to get out of a horrible crime that hurt a woman. Things that others would consider immoral don't really bother me unless they hurt people: when things hurt people I have a big problem with them.

Also, I tend to adapt to my surroundings and can instantly know how others are feeling about me. Now because I automatically know how others feel about me, it feels really awesome to go into a room where I know that others love me. Plus, the opposite is true as well: when I go to a place where others hate me, I almost can't live with myself. However I should also point out that I don't do the Fi thing and stay true to who I am, often times I will change and my personality will change in order to fit the the crowd I am with. In fact often times I can even come off as fake. Doesn't this seem more Fe dom to you guys?
    No, it tends toward ENFP.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Where'd I say that?
    Oh. Well I thought you did. It may have been someone else. Anyway, did you see the video? What do you think my type is based on the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    No, it tends toward ENFP.
    Yeah that's what @INTP said as well.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I talked with @The Great One over the phone, and he said I seemed ENTP...
    Though, now I think he is ENFP...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I talked with @The Great One over the phone, and he said I seemed ENTP...
    Though, now I think he is ENFP...
    The Great One is ENTP because he needs a bunch of advice from other people, rather than trusting his own individual feelings on things, along with technical stuff.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    The Great One is ENTP because he needs a bunch of advice from other people, rather than trusting his own individual feelings on things, along with technical stuff.
    Well, I do that too, to an extent. I thought he said that was an E6 thing, though.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan