User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

skylights said:

Social, warm, talkative, open, lax, enthusiastic, generally up for anything, interested in adventure, love exploration and discovery, enjoy pushing boundaries, seek novelty.

Differences:

ENTP is more interested in observing and figuring out people; ENFP is more interested in interacting and connecting with people.
    completely wrong, my purpose is to understand them, i interact with them to understand them (actually, not only, but also)
    ENTP generally considers emotion separate from identity; ENFP generally laces emotion into identity.
    completely stupid (with all due respect). ENFP different than Fe and my identity is in fact separate from emotions (outward emotions), and comes from Ne first and foremost.
    ENTP often pursues novelty through invention and technology; ENFP often pursues novelty through exploration of cultures and spiritualities.
    ENTP is more rebellious; ENFP more of a protester.
    what does this mean? I've always been "rebellious"
    ENTPs are charismatic and arrogant; ENFPs are charming and stubborn.
    stereotype

And no, Im definitely not an ENTP
    I just bet you're neither an ENFP nor an ENTP or you wouldn't be making these observations.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    1. So if I can ask you, would you give me a detailed explanation of why I seem more ENTP? I need things broken down and explained to me. I can't things at face value, and I am a natural skeptic. I automatically don't believe people. I am not sure why.
    It's basically a vibe. This is a subtle thing, based on how you compare to other known ENTP's, and function preference (you do seem more like a T than an F), and the most obvious thing, Interaction Style (Get Things Going: extraverted, informative communication, where "directives" tend to be "dryer" in speech, or more "serious" sounding). The only GTG who prefers Thinking is the ENTP.

This is just a basic impression, and you can't go only on a vibe or push it as absolute; as I have not consciously analyzed your communication, so it's like what in visualization would be "out of the corner of my eye" thing; "yeah, it seems to fit". I could always be wrong, but it's just a guess to confirm what you seem to be leaning to already, which is supposed to be the most important part of an MBTI analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    ENTP is more interested in observing and figuring out people; ENFP is more interested in interacting and connecting with people.
    completely wrong, my purpose is to understand them, i interact with them to understand them (actually, not only, but also)
    For the ENTP, it will be "understanding" them in a more "impersonal" sense (what I call "technical", and "understanding" is often thought of in technical terms). For the ENFP, "understanding" will be more personal or "humane", which is what "connecting" is supposed to convey. (I know, these terms are very ambiguous. I believe "technical vs humane" are the lest ambiguous ones that I could find, for now).

Think of this focus roughly as looking at people as "living things".
    ENTP would see "living things", and ENFP would see "living things".
    ENTP generally considers emotion separate from identity; ENFP generally laces emotion into identity.
    completely stupid (with all due respect). ENFP different than Fe and my identity is in fact separate from emotions (outward emotions), and comes from Ne first and foremost.
    You're looking at "identity" in terms of the dominant ego standpoint, but the auxiliary will come into play, and while F≠emotions, it does generally make you more in tune with them, so they might figure more in your sense of "identity".
    When you ponder your identity, do you take your emotions into account, or do you normally detach completely from them? That's probably what he means.
    I think he means more actively rebellious. Another difference between the two types is cooperative vs pragmatic. NF's, while protesting things they think are wrong, still want harmony overall, and will be less likely to let's say, directly, singlehandedly overturn something. They might speak against it, and try to move everyone to take action. Hence, "protest" as opposed to "rebel", which he probably meant to convey in a personal sense, where a lone man tries to go against the system.
    Again, language is ambiguous, so "protesting" can be considered "rebelling".
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    skylights said:

Social, warm, talkative, open, lax, enthusiastic, generally up for anything, interested in adventure, love exploration and discovery, enjoy pushing boundaries, seek novelty.

Differences:

ENTP often pursues novelty through invention and technology; ENFP often pursues novelty through exploration of cultures and spiritualities.
    ENTPs are charismatic and arrogant; ENFPs are charming and stubborn.
    stereotype

And no, Im definitely not an ENTP
    I just bet you're neither an ENFP nor an ENTP or you wouldn't be making these observations.

Sometimes a big overall picture of generalities can be helpful to capture a gestalt. They're not meant to be intensive detailed explanations to be broken down into tiny pieces, and not everyone will relate to all of the statements exactly the way they're written. I don't relate to all of them, but I am not every ENFP and ENTP. Still, they're presented to create an overall picture, an "atmosphere" of what each type is like. I figured this would be helpful for a fellow Ne-dom - it was how I first began suspecting I was not an INFP. I didn't quite fit the "atmosphere" of the type.

As for ENFP, I'm 110% certain, but think what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B
    It's basically a vibe.
    Bingo.

Thank you for the explanations, they're all spot-on.

I'm a she, btw!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Eric B

@Kasper

@Doctorjuice

Everyone keeps saying that I am ENTP, but there's just one thing that makes no sense to me: I seem to use way more Fe than Ti. I don't think anyone has ever seen me and thought that I was a T. If you asked 90% of people that know me whether I am an thinker or feeler they would say feeler. For instance, ever since I can remember I have always been able to feel the emotions of others very strongly. Up until I went into sales a few years ago, I was a very easy person to take advantage of. I just felt so bad for others that I just felt like I had a natural inclination to take care of them. Care taking and just making others feel good just feels so natural to me. I think that the worst thing in life to me is seeing others hurt. I just really can't stand it.

One thing that really illustrates this point is back when I used to work in an Asian restaurant. They used to boil crabs alive in that restaurant and you could hear the things screaming. It was so awful to me, and I could barely stand it. I don't know why but it was like seeing the crab suffer made me suffer as well. Also, I seriously thought about taking a career as a criminal justice lawyer, because I am pretty damn good at stating my case and manipulating people and large crowds in particular. However, I later reconsidered because I know that I would have to defend people that I knew were guilty. Now if it was a crime that was stupid to me like selling pot, I probably wouldn't really give a damn because to me I can't really see it hurting that many people. However, if I had to defend someone that I knew raped a poor innocent woman for instance it would really bother me. I would view it as helping a man to get out of a horrible crime that hurt a woman. Things that others would consider immoral don't really bother me unless they hurt people: when things hurt people I have a big problem with them.

Also, I tend to adapt to my surroundings and can instantly know how others are feeling about me. Now because I automatically know how others feel about me, it feels really awesome to go into a room where I know that others love me. Plus, the opposite is true as well: when I go to a place where others hate me, I almost can't live with myself. However I should also point out that I don't do the Fi thing and stay true to who I am, often times I will change and my personality will change in order to fit the the crowd I am with. In fact often times I can even come off as fake. Doesn't this seem more Fe dom to you guys?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

You limited the options to ENTP and ENFP, why?

MBTI
    INTP

@The Great One
    You're definitely using Fe a lot. ENTP is definitely still possible. Though have you thought about ExFJ?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Kasper and @Doctorjuice

No, I have not limited the options to ENFP and ENTP. Really I think I'm either ENTP or ENFJ. I often test ENFJ when I take the tests and ENTP as well. I somehow use Fe<Ti. I'm pretty damn sure about that. What good ways to tell the two apart?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Kasper and @Doctorjuice

No, I have not limited the options to ENFP and ENTP. Really I think I'm either ENTP or ENFJ. I often test ENFJ when I take the tests and ENTP as well. I somehow use Fe<Ti. I'm pretty damn sure about that. What good ways to tell the two apart?
    Big difference. Whether you're using Ne and Si or Ni and Se.

Btw, I felt similar when I was steaming crabs for dinner once hahahaha

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Big difference. Whether you're using Ne and Si or Ni and Se.

Btw, I felt similar when I was steaming crabs for dinner once hahahaha
    I get this when I take the cognitive functions test....
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.8)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************* (43.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************* (25.3)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************* (31.6)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************************* (45.1)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************** (20)
    limited use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INTP, or ENFJ

MBTI
    INTP

@The Great One

Well the cognitive functions test seems to be pointing towards ENTP. But those aren't completely accurate.

Did you watch my video on Ni vs Ne?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyx5xQfNPaA