• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Do the Other Temperaments Think of You?

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
As the title says, what do the other Keirsey Temperaments tend to think of you as far as liking or disliking your personality?

Rationals: I tend to sync up perfectly with the ridiculously few I actually meet; they tend to respect me for my intelligence, curiosity, and our similar ways of seeing the world.

Artisans: Partners in crime. Unlike other temperaments have no problem joining me in my jokes about turning Holocaust crematorium remains into inexpensive water fountains.

Idealist: Respect me for the same reasons as Rationals but seem to view me as a somewhat bizarre anomaly.

Guardian: Hate my guts. A bit of an overstatement though those in authority positions tend to view me as needlessly insubordinate and absentminded to the point of being irresponsible. With effort I tend to grow on them however: kind of like a bad case of skin fungus.

heart

heart on fire
The general consensus seems to be I am neither needed or recomended.

EDIT, just feeling edgy and flip today...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

:hug:

As for me...

Idealists generally think I have good ideas but come off a bit cold. Guardians like my reliability but tend to see me as a bit 'off.' Artisans don't tend to like me as much -- I'm too much thought and not enough action, but if some of them slow down and get to know me they tend to like me. With other rationals, it's an entirely mixed bag.

I have a relatively quiet, hippy-dippy exterior belying an intensely focused interior. It can be hard on some people.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Rationalists: You have potential, but you let your feelings get in the way.
Artisans: You're a pansy, emo kid. Why do you think about things so much?
Guardians: "Wtf, you're so weird."
Idealists: You're a lot like me <3

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Seriously, that's the impression I get about my type as well. NFP's are like tasteless belches apparently. What is it about us that makes us so amorphous and flavorless to others? I don't perceive us that way at all.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NFPs: mean, critical, perky, refreshingly honest (sometimes, detached), funny
NFJs: critical/smart, flaky (don't interact much)

SJs: mostly weird (sometimes this means they think I'm amusing in an "antics"-condescending way, but also sometimes in the strange/should-avoid way)

male ESTPs and female ESFjs: smart/pushover (when they first meet me and judge me based on my looks/lack of expression), then bitch (when they get to know me a little better)
ISTP: goofy
ISFP: (see NFP)
ESXP: boring

NTs: (don't interact much)
INTJ: competitive, flaky
xNTP: argumentative (in the good way)

Atomic Fiend

NTs enjoy my company, most of the time.
SPs find me intresting but a tad boring.
SJs don't care enough, the feeling is mutual.
NFs and I usually try to bond while attempting not to step on each others toes.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Idealists: I get along best with other idealists as far as I know, especially ENFPs. NFs tend to describe me as having a very open mind and heart. We all love and value harmony and people, so we always have something to talk about.

Rationals: We have good intellectual conversation compatibility. I think some rationals are surprised about how much I consider other people when engaging in speculative thinking with them, most likely because I come across as cold until you get to know me.

Artisans: Well, I would describe them as my opposites. They prefer to be doing something new and exciting while I would prefer to just sit around and talk. This is probably why I don't have any close SP friends. I can tell that my interests seem rather boring to them (and their's seem boring to me too, lol) so I'm always lost when trying to have a conversation with them. I feel like I have to dumb down what I say (not because they aren't intelligent) in order to hook their attention.

Guardians: I think I'm more of a novelty friend for them. SJs are a tough bunch to have a conversation with, considering we both have two different definitions for what a "good" one consists of. Guardians tend to just be the rock holding my balloon down. I sometimes see SJs as very shallow and they probably see me as very spacey.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
SJ's: "You're really smart, but kind of spacy and out of touch with people."
SP's: "You're so self-conscious, serious, and dull. Just like all the other dweebs."
NT's: "You're smart enough that I'll consider talking to you."
NF's: "You care enough about the people you deal with, but don't seem to get the big picture."

Sound right?

redacted

i'm gonna answer this question with what i think of them, as well.

rationals:
think of me: they love talking with me, and enjoy the fact that i'm willing to talk about any issue, however seemingly offensive it may be.

think of them: awesome to talk to, i don't have to hold back. but they sometimes irrationally neglect their own feelings and then pretend like they don't have them, which is a huge detriment. i sometimes feel really sorry for them.

idealists:
think of me: they really love me a lot -- sometimes i feel like their ambassador to the NTs, and i think they may view me that way. i can translate from NT talk to NF talk, and they appreciate my smoothing interactions out. every idealist i know, though, thinks of me as too obsessed with truth -- too COLD.

think of them: most of them are awesome, but their emphasis on values is annoying -- some of them refuse to see or even acknowledge things outside of their value sets. arguing with them is annoying because you're not arguing for truth, you're arguing for truth AND moral value at the same time.

artisans:
think of me: "wow, that kid makes things so damn complicated. why does he think so much? what's he thinking about me? it's weird and kind of scary that he analyzes everyone and everything so much."

think of them: i envy their ability to live in the moment. but i don't usually have good conversations with them, and i don't share many interests with them. they can be insanely fun to party with, though, that's for sure.

guardians:
think of me: they basically think i'm a typical aloof intellectual. i don't notice obvious things, i neglect the present moment, and i don't have much common sense. they really trust me, though, and often seek out my advice.

think of them: it's sad to me that they're so stuck in their specific experiences. i wish they could let go a bit. but i totally envy their ability to just DO what needs to be done. sounds nice :)

Alesia

MBTI Type
INFP
I wish I knew. :cry: I get bothered way to much wondering what other people think about me. Ack!

People I get along fine with:

INFPs, ISTJs, ISFPs, ISTPs, INFJs, INTPs, ESFJs, ENTJs

People I get along mediocre with:

ENTPs, ENFPs, INTJs, ESFJs

People I totally don't get along with:

ESTJs, ISFJs, ESFPs, ESTPs

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
They almost universally think I'm weird and crazy. Some say very intelligent and some say very stupid, based on the circumstances.

Some people have described me as cold while others have described me as "emo" :rofl1:

Some say I talk too much and some say I'm anti social.

I love how some people seem to see me completely differenly from how others see me. I guess the moral of the story is that it's pretty pointless to listen to what other people say about you. Might as well buy an outdated map printed in another language.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Rationals: "Join the hive [mind]."

Artisans: "You have no respect for art! SHUN."

Idealists: "I need a foundation of rationality or else I'll end up doing something desperate. Help me!"

Guardians: "Welcome. How are you?"

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rationals: Most of my friends are NTs. Nuff said. Dated INTPs and ENTPs. I feel most at home with NTPs romantically speaking. In every day stuff, NTs astonish me with their objectivity. My two NTJ best friends are really a marvel. Of course, they find my emotional and "heated" responses to things to be concerning. I think they worry about me.

Idealists: My gnomies.

Artisans: Fellow get-into-trouble-ers. In the past, I've dated ESTPs and ISTPs. I think they find my sensitivity touching and seem to enjoy my intelligence/humor, but they're WAAAAAaaaaaay tougher than me.

Guardians: Like me fine, but find me vaguely retarded and needing of assistance. They tend to pity my lack of practicality. lol The fact that I miss so many "obvious" environmental cues leaves them shaking their heads.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rationals: Wacky goofy esoteric philosophical friends. Topics range all over the map. Also usually make one joke after the next, trying to spin each other's words around and top the last joke -- flipping from humor into deep seriousness and back the next comment. (It is like building some tall zany bizarre sculpture together, each of us throwing on whatever we can find that still keeps the whole thing running.)

Although the J rationals don't think I'm decisive enough and insist I make decisions. (My INTJ boss once called me "The poster child for ambivalence."

Idealists: They seem to really really like me (they think I see deeply and care about people)... but often they look at me with wide-eyed horror and amusement because I will just come out with all the things they WANTED to say but just didn't want to hurt someone's feelings by saying.

So I corrupt idealists. Woo-hoo! Come on kiddies, I know you WANT it!

Artisans: I might be a little boring to them, although they still tend to be cronies. Definitely laugh and play a lot together. They think I should engage life more and get out of my head, usually. Plus, I care too much about what others think sometimes or let it get in my way, long-term.

Guardians: They think I'm responsible, polite, and considerate. But I'm probably also unproductive, sloppy/undisciplined, and too esoteric/impractical. They usually prefer to have someone else do the yard work and cleaning.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
NT's: Find it interesting to discuss
NF's: Same as NT's
SJ's: Respect what I do, but find me somewhat "airy"
SP's: They tend to have alot of respect and see me as a good friend

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9