User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default Ni vs Ne Explained!

Ni vs Ne Video:

Fourth video in my MBTI series, hope you like it, hope you learn something! Let me know what you think I could do better or if you liked it!

What do you notice about Ni and Ne?

OTHER MBTI VIDEOS:

My MBTI Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1/featured

Ti vs Te:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRtX65Cnc9w

Fi vs Fe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuTtRjqnXJo

Introverts vs Extroverts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXBFnqu8VxE

MBTI
    INTP

Also any input about Ni from INxJs would be great.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The video works to give a basic visual model and motivations of the functions but it won't help as much in understanding the manifestation of thought process in real time. I imagine it's best to give an example of a simplified thought process of Ni and a simplified thought process of Ne to allow others to hold an idea of it's movement within mind. They will be able to expand upon its basic understanding.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Good vid for its length. Ne vs Ni is a topic that can go on forever.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I liked it. Seemed pretty accurate to me. I especially liked the way you incorporated the visual imagery of the Ne supernova and the Ni fixed point of gravity. WTG!

I also liked how you discussed how function order affects the way functions manifest. This is often overlooked I think.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    The video works to give a basic visual model and motivations of the functions but it won't help as much in understanding the manifestation of thought process in real time. I imagine it's best to give an example of a simplified thought process of Ni and a simplified thought process of Ne to allow others to hold an idea of it's movement within mind. They will be able to expand upon its basic understanding.
    Hm, so do you think giving more real life examples will fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    I liked it. Seemed pretty accurate to me. I especially liked the way you incorporated the visual imagery of the Ne supernova and the Ni fixed point of gravity. WTG!

I also liked how you discussed how function order affects the way functions manifest. This is often overlooked I think.
    Thank ya!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post

I liked it too. I thought it was a good simple explanation.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Hm, so do you think giving more real life examples will fix that?
    Yes. I imagine what was done was you taught the theory quite well. You talked about how they appear, who uses them, the direction they function, the similarities, how the dom-users of both types like to manifest that upon reality and gave a good metaphor about the way they expand. But oftentimes there will be people who won't be able to pinpoint the right function within process of thought. It can still be a bit hazy. So someone may have firm knowledge of what Ni and Ne is, but not be able to see how it simulates it in mind. To affirm what they think is Ni and Ne by their own understanding, examples of a thought process are often good to give. It's simply a thought in teaching style I suppose. It's not too important.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Yes. I imagine what was done was you taught the theory quite well. You talked about how they appear, who uses them, the direction they function, the similarities, how the dom-users of both types like to manifest that upon reality and gave a good metaphor about the way they expand. But oftentimes there will be people who won't be able to pinpoint the right function within process of thought. It can still be a bit hazy. So someone may have firm knowledge of what Ni and Ne is, but not be able to see how it simulates it in mind. To affirm what they think is Ni and Ne by their own understanding, examples of a thought process are often good to give. It's simply a thought in teaching style I suppose. It's not too important.
    I believe this is the problem ive been having, even though ive followed the theory for quite a long time now, each new piece of information presents a new avenue of possibilities, but the problem with this is that im fairly sure of what I know in terms of the cognitive functions and how they operate in relation to cognition, but I sometimes try to tie things to a specific set of...signs and then I falter in realising that it is better placed in a contextual sense.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.