• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type do you dislike the most?

The worst type

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based purely on mbti, I can coexist peacefully with pretty much everyone, but ESTJs tend to think I'm serious when I'm joking and that I'm joking when I'm serious. If there's anything worse than Inferior Fe, that's called Inferior Fi. :horor: I find some ENTJs cool, but I'm very allergic to raw Te.

G

Glycerine

I typically annoy the crap out of ESXJs, and some ENFJs. More often than not, ENFPs and ISFJs take me way toooo seriously. I don't dislike those types but there are some interesting personality clashes.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
definitely INFP, if we're trying to isolate an indirect correlation that is.
Edit: nooo! never mind I misread the title as "what type has had the worst experiences in life" and my answer is definitely not INFP now that I read the question again
to answer the actual question though, a tie between ESTP and ENFJ
I'd say overall though my experience is EFJs and ESTs has been pretty bad.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based purely on mbti, I can coexist peacefully with pretty much everyone, but ESTJs tend to think I'm serious when I'm joking and that I'm joking when I'm serious. If there's anything worse than Inferior Fe, that's called Inferior Fi. :horor: I find some ENTJs cool, but I'm very allergic to raw Te.

I think for me, ESTJs are at least predictable. I understand them and so have no problem dealing with them. They're direct. They're honest. You know where they stand because they tell you.

Mia.

I think for me, ESTJs are at least predictable. I understand them and so have no problem dealing with them. They're direct. They're honest. You know where they stand because they tell you.

True dat.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ but that was a familiar issue where the "bad" ISFJ traits came out. I think aside from that this person is a great person. But seeing the type at their worst kind of makes that the "go to" problem personality for me.

Seriously - ISFJs? What is their worst? I am missing this.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, that's true. Problem is they seem to automatically classify anything that diverges from their rigid standards as inadequate. So I usually only keep contact with them to a bare-minimum. Including my dad, sadly. But it should be mentioned that there are exceptions to the rule and yada yada, etc.

Mia.

Yep, that's true. Problem is they seem to automatically classify anything that diverges from their rigid standards as inadequate. So I usually only keep contact with them to a bare-minimum. Including my dad, sadly. But it should be mentioned that there are exceptions to the rule and yada yada, etc.

True dat.

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
There are very few people I dislike or have ever "had a problem with." But conceptually, I despise everything ESTJ's embody: rules, procedures, the status quo, etc. That simplistic rigidity is a roadblock to progress, living life to the fullest, and the advancement of the human condition!

Mia.

There are very few people I dislike or have ever "had a problem with." But conceptually, I despise everything ESTJ's embody: rules, procedures, the status quo, etc. That simplistic rigidity is a roadblock to progress, living life to the fullest, and the advancement of the human condition!

They're snuggly and squeezable delight.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Seriously - ISFJs? What is their worst? I am missing this.

Yikes really?

Here is a good post from jennifer:

• Subtle guilt trips through self-victimization
  • Actively being a paragon of virtue, to use as leverage later ("If I'm perfect, then you have no excuse to be upset with me.")
  • Generally passive-aggressive (occasionally downright aggressive if they feel justified or people they love are threatened)
  • Self-pity/withdrawal/self-castigation
  • Mentally able to block out things they don't want to address (denial and repression)
  • Can keep record of wrongs easily
  • Prone to wild speculation when things are forced outside the box (i.e., weak N abilities)

Those are the things I generally have experienced.

I thought all ISFJs were always like that all the time until I realized that mine was just acting under stress (long term) and wasn't the core of her being.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should clarify that I was responding to chatoyer four years ago, who asked me what the most likely negative aspects of ISFJs were, so these are "worst case scenario" attributes. That is definitely not my summation of the type, I have ISFJ friends who I am very close to and who are mature enough to not exhibit those negative tendencies.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Well it was a whole thread, yours just had bullet points. I was talking worst case.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tossup for me between ENTJ and ENFP.

Which I hate saying. I have one or two ENTJ friends.
I also have a few ENFP friends.

But I've been badly treated by a few ENTJ males, so that I am wary ever again of dating them; and I've been badly treated by a few ENFPs of the dogmatic variety, who were highly offensive, aggressive, completely unreasonable, and also irrational.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

But I've been badly treated by a few ENTJ males, so that I am wary ever again of dating them; and I've been badly treated by a few ENFPs of the dogmatic variety, who were highly offensive, aggressive, completely unreasonable, and also irrational.

yes, we can be like this at our worst. I've been there myself in the past.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah, i think the whole shiney happy enfp thing is a bit of a facade, all types have the potential to be unhealthy. Enfp's can be dire manipulative, dramatic and aggressive when very unhealthy.

yes, we can be like this at our worst. I've been there myself in the past.

Yup myself included, in secondary school was when i reached my peak out of controllness. Going off in crazy rebellious directions and was violent on occaision. Of course, i could blame drugs and alcohol but all react differently when under the influence.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I honestly don't think I have a hated type. When I think of my worst experiences with individual people, they have tended to be with types that I generally quite like.

I guess I'm supposed to dislike ESFJs, but I just never have. And I know a pretty terrific one.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am tempted to say ESFP, but I suspect that the correct answer would actually be "people of various types acting like the worst stereotype of ESFPs in order to fit in and look cool."

I'm thinking of people I've met in recent years particularly who act like they're still in high school (when they're in their 20s, 30s or 40s), require drunkenness to have a good time, are blatant social climbers and look down on those who don't have as hot a social life as they do, superficial and shallow, are fickle, etc. I'm not saying this is how a healthy ESFP is, at all, but that it's like a bad stereotype of an unhealthy ESFP. But I'm guessing that while there probably were some ESFPs in there, there were also a good few ESTPs, ENFPs, ESFJs, ISTJs, ESTJs, etc. And probably other types too.

For the record, I seem to generally get along best with NFs and SJs, and particularly INFJs, ISFJs and ISTJs. I should maybe say IxxJs. :D I think I also get along very well with ENFJs but that I haven't met many (I can think of a few maybe ENFJs in my life.) I'm quite attracted to male ExTJs but not sure how it would go in practice. I've also been attracted to ExxPs but feel rather wary now. I would like to get along better with xxFPs generally but tend to have the feeling that I am doing something wrong around them and that they likewise don't really get me.

If I'm going to be very specific, I can think of the following types I've had "bad experiences" of various sorts with (and these are all guesses really, but probably in the ballpark): INTx, IxFP, xNFP, ESFx, ESTJ. And, I wouldn't say that most of these were "healthy" or mature examples of the type. Either they were very young and selfish and had a lot of growing up to do (the INTx and IxFP); or they were older but massively insecure partly due to life experiences (ESFx and ESTJ); or they were in poor mental/emotional health (a couple of xNFPs); etc.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think I have one. There are several types that I've had bad experiences with but the bad experience of one type doesn't feel any worse than the bad experience of another type. Maybe the bad experiences I've had just all blend together. lol

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I find that I am usually awkward around ISTPs. It's not their fault, really, I just never know exactly what to say or how to gauge their responses.
:doh:

My worst individual experiences have been with a highly anxious ISFJ - she tends to "babysit" people at work and make sure they're doing what she thinks they should be doing, even though she really has no business doing so, and will never speak up for others who are getting mistreated because she's always trying to be the "favorite" and cover her own ass - but my grandma is an ISFJ too, of the best variety, so I have no hard feelings towards the type as a whole...

I used to think this too, but when you actually start to understand Si aux in action, you see that it's about learning from direct experience, using data to facilitate meeting goals, and relying on what is known to work. The status quo is not always good to them, but it does offer valuable information, and it's a starting point - a fact that us Ns often miss. It's a fairly straightforward method, yes, but ESxJs can be quite progressive, depending on their values. In some ways, it's a more safe and stable way of pursuing progress, because unlike with Ni, their methods are less likely to fall into the trap of idealism not matching up with reality - worst case scenario, of course, being Hitler, who, IMO, did a good deal to set back the human condition. Whereas there are many ESFJ teachers and ESTJ officials who are working slowly and steadily to improve the lives of all.