First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Seriously - ISFJs? What is their worst? I am missing this.
    Yikes really?

Here is a good post from jennifer:

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    • Subtle guilt trips through self-victimization
    • Actively being a paragon of virtue, to use as leverage later ("If I'm perfect, then you have no excuse to be upset with me.")
    • Generally passive-aggressive (occasionally downright aggressive if they feel justified or people they love are threatened)
    • Self-pity/withdrawal/self-castigation
    • Mentally able to block out things they don't want to address (denial and repression)
    • Can keep record of wrongs easily
    • Prone to wild speculation when things are forced outside the box (i.e., weak N abilities)

Those are the things I generally have experienced.
    I thought all ISFJs were always like that all the time until I realized that mine was just acting under stress (long term) and wasn't the core of her being.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I should clarify that I was responding to chatoyer four years ago, who asked me what the most likely negative aspects of ISFJs were, so these are "worst case scenario" attributes. That is definitely not my summation of the type, I have ISFJ friends who I am very close to and who are mature enough to not exhibit those negative tendencies.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well it was a whole thread, yours just had bullet points. I was talking worst case.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Tossup for me between ENTJ and ENFP.

Which I hate saying. I have one or two ENTJ friends.
    I also have a few ENFP friends.

But I've been badly treated by a few ENTJ males, so that I am wary ever again of dating them; and I've been badly treated by a few ENFPs of the dogmatic variety, who were highly offensive, aggressive, completely unreasonable, and also irrational.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

But I've been badly treated by a few ENTJ males, so that I am wary ever again of dating them; and I've been badly treated by a few ENFPs of the dogmatic variety, who were highly offensive, aggressive, completely unreasonable, and also irrational.
    yes, we can be like this at our worst. I've been there myself in the past.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yeah, i think the whole shiney happy enfp thing is a bit of a facade, all types have the potential to be unhealthy. Enfp's can be dire manipulative, dramatic and aggressive when very unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    yes, we can be like this at our worst. I've been there myself in the past.
    Yup myself included, in secondary school was when i reached my peak out of controllness. Going off in crazy rebellious directions and was violent on occaision. Of course, i could blame drugs and alcohol but all react differently when under the influence.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I honestly don't think I have a hated type. When I think of my worst experiences with individual people, they have tended to be with types that I generally quite like.

I guess I'm supposed to dislike ESFJs, but I just never have. And I know a pretty terrific one.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I am tempted to say ESFP, but I suspect that the correct answer would actually be "people of various types acting like the worst stereotype of ESFPs in order to fit in and look cool."

I'm thinking of people I've met in recent years particularly who act like they're still in high school (when they're in their 20s, 30s or 40s), require drunkenness to have a good time, are blatant social climbers and look down on those who don't have as hot a social life as they do, superficial and shallow, are fickle, etc. I'm not saying this is how a healthy ESFP is, at all, but that it's like a bad stereotype of an unhealthy ESFP. But I'm guessing that while there probably were some ESFPs in there, there were also a good few ESTPs, ENFPs, ESFJs, ISTJs, ESTJs, etc. And probably other types too.

For the record, I seem to generally get along best with NFs and SJs, and particularly INFJs, ISFJs and ISTJs. I should maybe say IxxJs. I think I also get along very well with ENFJs but that I haven't met many (I can think of a few maybe ENFJs in my life.) I'm quite attracted to male ExTJs but not sure how it would go in practice. I've also been attracted to ExxPs but feel rather wary now. I would like to get along better with xxFPs generally but tend to have the feeling that I am doing something wrong around them and that they likewise don't really get me.

If I'm going to be very specific, I can think of the following types I've had "bad experiences" of various sorts with (and these are all guesses really, but probably in the ballpark): INTx, IxFP, xNFP, ESFx, ESTJ. And, I wouldn't say that most of these were "healthy" or mature examples of the type. Either they were very young and selfish and had a lot of growing up to do (the INTx and IxFP); or they were older but massively insecure partly due to life experiences (ESFx and ESTJ); or they were in poor mental/emotional health (a couple of xNFPs); etc.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I don't think I have one. There are several types that I've had bad experiences with but the bad experience of one type doesn't feel any worse than the bad experience of another type. Maybe the bad experiences I've had just all blend together. lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I find that I am usually awkward around ISTPs. It's not their fault, really, I just never know exactly what to say or how to gauge their responses.

My worst individual experiences have been with a highly anxious ISFJ - she tends to "babysit" people at work and make sure they're doing what she thinks they should be doing, even though she really has no business doing so, and will never speak up for others who are getting mistreated because she's always trying to be the "favorite" and cover her own ass - but my grandma is an ISFJ too, of the best variety, so I have no hard feelings towards the type as a whole...

Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    There are very few people I dislike or have ever "had a problem with." But conceptually, I despise everything ESTJ's embody: rules, procedures, the status quo, etc. That simplistic rigidity is a roadblock to progress, living life to the fullest, and the advancement of the human condition!
    I used to think this too, but when you actually start to understand Si aux in action, you see that it's about learning from direct experience, using data to facilitate meeting goals, and relying on what is known to work. The status quo is not always good to them, but it does offer valuable information, and it's a starting point - a fact that us Ns often miss. It's a fairly straightforward method, yes, but ESxJs can be quite progressive, depending on their values. In some ways, it's a more safe and stable way of pursuing progress, because unlike with Ni, their methods are less likely to fall into the trap of idealism not matching up with reality - worst case scenario, of course, being Hitler, who, IMO, did a good deal to set back the human condition. Whereas there are many ESFJ teachers and ESTJ officials who are working slowly and steadily to improve the lives of all.